AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-02, 23:08   Link #421
Flere821
Lurker

Technically due to Touma pushing a wing aside Accelerator lost his balance and none of the other wings hit Touma. And IB never protected him from a large-area attack (see spoilers)

Spoiler for IB & wide-area attacks:

Touma should have been pulped by the shockwaves that hit at places other than his right hand, but didn't. I don't think we can attribute that solely to IB. Since:

Spoiler for Exception/s to negation:
Old 2010-10-02, 23:16   Link #422
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Touma should have been pulped by the shockwaves that hit at places other than his right hand, but didn't. I don't think we can attribute that solely to IB. Since:

Spoiler for Exception/s to negation:

It's just like how Touma isn't affected by telepathy, maybe for 'weaker' powers touching Touma's body to an extent is connected to Imagine Breaker?
Old 2010-10-03, 01:18   Link #423
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Technically due to Touma pushing a wing aside Accelerator lost his balance and none of the other wings hit Touma. And IB never protected him from a large-area attack (see spoilers)

Spoiler for IB & wide-area attacks:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-10-03 at 04:28.
Old 2010-10-03, 02:30   Link #424
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I dont know if these are really spoilers or anything... But I think it would be playing it safe to spoiler-tag them? I mean they are talking about characters we have not met yet in the anime...

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-10-03 at 02:44.
Old 2010-10-03, 03:18   Link #425
tsunade666

yap they are spoilers hooves. Be wary on some part of the threads because we always tend to not put spoiler tags. That's why AS toaru threads are notorious for spoiling to much and people rarely come. ( you can count on people who always come here are probably the same people who always come and already knows the updates and the story)

Now that the Index II is nearing we must be wary of spoiling to much. That name is still a spoiler character. She's not shown in the manga or anime yet. Only novel character.

Plus the current discussion of IB is primarily spoiler too because that's the current state of the story in the novel. The last story of IB in the anime or manga is when Touma fought with Sherry and Kazakiri can't even explain what IB too and also Index with library of magic in her head can't answer it.
Old 2010-10-03, 18:02   Link #426
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's just like how Touma isn't affected by telepathy, maybe for 'weaker' powers touching Touma's body to an extent is connected to Imagine Breaker?
The Gravity bomb in Railgun heavily implies that Touma's hand can produce a defensive zone, when called upon to do so.

The clear zone on the floor where Kuroko is standing is where Touma shielded Uiharu and Mikoto by pointing his hand at the bomb. Kuroko just thinks Mikoto shielded them.
Old 2010-10-03, 18:14   Link #427
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I was wondering about how Touma protected everyone in that episode on Railgun.. I mean from what I saw on Index, it can only protect him when he blocks the attack with his hand. But it shouldnt be able to create some sort of force-field..
Old 2010-10-03, 18:20   Link #428
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I was wondering about how Touma protected everyone in that episode on Railgun.. I mean from what I saw on Index, it can only protect him when he blocks the attack with his hand. But it shouldnt be able to create some sort of force-field..
I think it has to do with the bullet/fountain effect. If you were to take a bell fountain, and then stick your finger in the stream of water, the water splits where your finger is, flows outward for awhile, before coming back together. Touma's hand was like a blocker in the flow of the energy.
Old 2010-10-03, 18:46   Link #429
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I mean from what I saw on Index, it can only protect him when he blocks the attack with his hand. But it shouldnt be able to create some sort of force-field..
Note it protected him from the heat given off by Innocentius, that melted the door knob. Not just from Innocentius's sword.

Touma's always had some area effect protection, but it seems to depend on his state of mind and not be as totally efficient.
Old 2010-10-03, 21:11   Link #430
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Note it protected him from the heat given off by Innocentius, that melted the door knob. Not just from Innocentius's sword.

Touma's always had some area effect protection, but it seems to depend on his state of mind and not be as totally efficient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I think it has to do with the bullet/fountain effect. If you were to take a bell fountain, and then stick your finger in the stream of water, the water splits where your finger is, flows outward for awhile, before coming back together. Touma's hand was like a blocker in the flow of the energy.
Hmm those seem pretty reasonable, thanks for the advice guys
Old 2010-10-03, 21:14   Link #431
outerelf

This is kinda odd. According to earlier discussions, Touma has been considered a 16-17 year old right? Yet, according to this article he's a first year high-school student.

For americans it would be a second year high-school student, so wouldn't that actually make him 15-16? (Or have I been reading other sources wrong and he actually is about seventeen?)
Old 2010-10-03, 21:34   Link #432
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
This is kinda odd. According to earlier discussions, Touma has been considered a 16-17 year old right? Yet, according to this article he's a first year high-school student.

For americans it would be a second year high-school student, so wouldn't that actually make him 15-16? (Or have I been reading other sources wrong and he actually is about seventeen?)
Well was it ever clarified that he was actually 16-17? If so he could have flunked once or something close to that to be a first-year high-school student.. If he dint flunk, he could just be 16 years old..
Old 2010-10-03, 22:00   Link #433
Xenosnake
Badass

In Korea, when you're born, you're already considered age 1, rather than age 0 (they generally count the year when you're in your mother's womb). Not sure if it applies for Japan or any other country in Asia, but if it does, well, there it is.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:31   Link #434
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
In Korea, when you're born, you're already considered age 1, rather than age 0 (they generally count the year when you're in your mother's womb). Not sure if it applies for Japan or any other country in Asia, but if it does, well, there it is.
I know that! I lived in South Korea for 14 years. But even counting in that extra year, he's still younger from what I've been hearing -_- Maybe I'm just overthinking things...
Old 2010-10-04, 03:20   Link #435
Flere821
Lurker

Well, It was stated somewhere Mikoto is 14, and somewhere else it said Touma's two years older than her (but I can't remember the exact chapters for those =/ ).

So I think Touma's 16.
Old 2010-10-04, 03:42   Link #436
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, It was stated somewhere Mikoto is 14, and somewhere else it said Touma's two years older than her (but I can't remember the exact chapters for those =/ ).

So I think Touma's 16.
It's one of those details that they causally mentioned over the volume.

Likewise, I know for sure that I've saw Touma labelled as '16', Index as 'possibly15-ish' and Mikoto as '14' somewhere but don't know the exact place.
Old 2010-10-04, 03:43   Link #437
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Something was left out from the Curtana=Original example.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-07, 15:24   Link #438
outerelf

Well- it looks like according to new spoilers out, Touma's dragon that appeared in the Deep Blood arc was not in fact a manifestation of the alchemist. I'm guessing that the IB really, really loves Touma... It's a dragon.

But because it's a dragon, does that mean Touma has an angel in his hand? Because angels are considered dragons...
Old 2010-10-07, 16:32   Link #439
giorno

i think Touma is Lucifer...pre-fall Lucifer
Old 2010-10-07, 16:39   Link #440
Miraluka
Banned

The Envoy of Light... Touma?

Mmm... this can be a good theory given the fact about The Person Higher than God was Lucifer's goal.
Closed Thread