AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 04:45   Link #61
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Punie is just too evil. I mean, so many things done to Anego was just so damn wrong...

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 06:23   Link #62
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Question

Just a quick question: Do Doremi-Spork have plans to sub the 1-2 min length Dai Mahou Touge DVD omake animations?
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 12:50   Link #63
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

We'll try, but I can't guarantee anything.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 00:44   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hahaha, Initial D complete with requisite Eurobeat soundtrack.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 01:16   Link #65
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Another fucked up yet awsome ep...esp the Apache attack helicopter! The teacher rules tho!
CPOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 05:40   Link #66
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPOK View Post
Another fucked up yet awsome ep...esp the Apache attack helicopter! The teacher rules tho!
You wouldn't be the same CPOK that reads CRFH, would you?
~~~~ ~~~~

In any case, I have just watched Ep05-06 and I got one question.
Spoiler:

Cheers.
Old 2006-11-06, 08:01   Link #67
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You wouldn't be the same CPOK that reads CRFH, would you?
Yes, yes I am Skane.
CPOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 14:47   Link #68
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Just finished watching 5-6, man didn't know there was more coming. This was a very fracked up episode. Poor Anee-go. That whole deal with 'Tetsuko' and the train noises, oh man!!! That had me dying!! But that teacher man was scary. >shudder-shudder<

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-11-07 at 15:47.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 15:03   Link #69
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 15:16   Link #70
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I loved #5 with the whole test taking thing but #6 while nice, since it changed focus to the gang girl I wasn't as impressed.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 15:46   Link #71
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I loved #5 with the whole test taking thing but #6 while nice, since it changed focus to the gang girl I wasn't as impressed.
I know the feeling.

Here's something folks may not know. I checked ANN's info because I wanted to hit the official site for some goodies, alas they have none. But anyway, turns out that the same director that is working on 'Dai Mahou Touge' is the same one that worked on 'Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan'. He's also done some other known stuff like 'Kujibiki Unbalance' and 'Genshiken'. As well, at the maddening 'Hare Guu'. They should do a profile on him to find out what goes through his mind and what led him down the dark and mindless path that is called mad-humor.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 18:08   Link #72
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I was expecting some hot fan service from the adult twins, but oh well.
their bit seems to have been a bit too short, the first episode took longer than half the show I think. Punie getting beat up alot more would have been nice.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 00:49   Link #73
ellifeedn
Thinker

I checked out this series after hearing how it was like Dokuro-chan and to my suprise it was pretty good, in its own way.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 14:08   Link #74
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Mahou Review Touge Time

ART SECTION: 5/10 [Getting gutted by a cute little girl...]

General Artwork & Backgrounds 2/4: The Earth is depicted as it normally does in anime and most of the series takes place in a normal school. The Magical Kingdom is presented as the epitome of fairy tales, with a horror side under its surface.
The general artwork is not original or unique. It just blends inconsistent images and jumps from cheery to horror in a flash just to shock you and make you laugh.

Character Figures 1/2: Just like the artwork, the characters are extreme variations of Mahou Shojo. The school bully girls are depicted in a grotesque way, the heroine is depicted as cheery as it can get. And the funny thing is that the cheerier someone looks, the more evil he/she actually is and vice versa.
Characters look more or less like in all Mahou Shojo.

Animation 1/2: There are several hand-to-hand battles, filled with submissions and all desperately try to look realistic. There are several sudden facial grimaces that desperately try to look funny. But unfortunately, they lack the spice that can make them as real or as funny as in other similar titles. Simply said, there is too much amateurish attempt to present something that was simply beyond the animators’ capabilities.

Lightning/ Visual Effects 1/2: Almost non-existent, as most effects are part of the main foreground (not added extra on top or around of the main animation layer). The series is more about quick scenery changes and not rays, beams or sparkles.

SOUND SECTION: 6/10 [Excuse me kind sir, would you please GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY BEFORE I SPLATTER YOUR BRAINS ALL OVER THE PLACE, if it is not a bother, dear sir.]
Like almost everything else in this title, there are quick jumps between cheery/girly sounds and action/horror ones. The characters talk innocent on one moment and jump into murderous frenzy on the next. That makes it funny but not great.

STORY SECTION: 2/10 [What story?]
Not much. A magical princess goes to train on Earth and keeps bumping on people who violently try to make her give up her right to the throne… And get trashed in various horrid ways. No real story continuity or realism, as secondary characters who apparently die on one episode, appear alive and well on the next. And no one seems to care about the catastrophes the heroine causes all the time. The ending is also not really and ending.
Simply said, a silly excuse for shockingly funny situations.

CHARACTER SECTION: 5/10 [Extreme versions of mediocrity.]
Like almost everything else in this title, everyone starts as an obviously good or bad guy and becomes the exactly opposite minutes later. There are no original or interesting characters; just extreme parody stereotypes. Don’t expect character development, as almost everyone gets killed or defeated by the princess and turns into an unimportant cameo character thereafter.
Generally, hilariously fake characters.

VALUE SECTION: 6/10 [Good girl. Now go destroy, steal and kill some more.]
Historical Value 0/3: Forgotten.
Rewatchability 2/3: Rather high for the same reason
Memorability 4/4: Definitely! It’s the most violent mahou shojo ever created!

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 8/10 [Violence always sells.]
Very enjoyable most of the time. It starts as a childish series with a too-good-to-be-true situation and proceeds into becoming too-bad-to-be-true. It is using the “shocking event method” to appear interesting. Without it, it would be pretty boring, in the same way Elfen Lied would be boring without the shocking violence and School Days without the gloomy ending. DEFINITELY NOT FOR KIDS AND GREENHORN OTAKUS.

VERDICT: 5.5 / 10
Honey!!! I brought you a nice cartoon with a magical princess. Yes, judging by the cover it’s like Barbie in 2D. Let’s watch it together … “MY GOD, HE DECAPITATED HIM!!!!” WHAT KIND OF SICK PEOPLE MADE THIS??????

SUGGESTION LIST
Club to Death Anger Dokuro-chan, Puni Puni Poemi, Nurse Witch Komugi-chan. Other extreme parodies of mahou shojo.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy