AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-01-12, 21:05   Link #121
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Her cape is secured with screws at the rear, my friend. Her head should not come off easily. Mine's all secure.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 21:18   Link #122
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Actually, My Goodsmile Fate comes with her head off, so you can have her with or without the cape. I plan on having her cape-less during summer It comes off pretty easily but is secure enough not to worry about it.
Old 2007-01-12, 21:32   Link #123
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Yeah, then I totally broke it trying to get in around those twist ties. Oh, well. Shamal will have to be right there with some healing, I guess. In the form of epoxy cement. Cures whatever ails ya if you're made of vinyl or resin.

So of course I'll post some pictures when she's fixed. I'll post another pic when my "mystery suprise Nanoha figure" comes in.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 09:08   Link #124
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Yeah, those twist ties are a killer. And the plastics hold the Zanber down is a bitch to push aside.
Old 2007-01-13, 19:04   Link #125
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I just took a knife to it, actually. As a matter of fact, the knife I used was about as long as zanber
Old 2007-01-14, 09:51   Link #126
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Finally found a decently priced GSC Nanoha. Sure, the face isn't accurate but by Haruhi, the hot-blooded spirit of A's is there in the pose and her mouth opened in incantation.
Old 2007-01-15, 10:12   Link #127
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

>_< anyone living in japan willing to purchase a magazine from amazon.co.jp for me + mail to taiwan by any chance ? ?? i'd pay in advance including all fees/mailing fees + small tip if needed ^__^? I want my nanoha posters >__<"
Kiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 18:27   Link #128
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

amazon.co.jp ships internationally. I'm Canadian and I order from there frequently. I just have one .ca window open and the .jp window open and follow the form through, then cancel my english order. That's how I got my Read or Die novels.
Old 2007-01-15, 18:36   Link #129
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
amazon.co.jp ships internationally. I'm Canadian and I order from there frequently. I just have one .ca window open and the .jp window open and follow the form through, then cancel my english order. That's how I got my Read or Die novels.
Buh? Why was that necessary? Amazon JP ship most stuff internationally (but not games or anything to do with them, figures etc). Magazines are fine... but where does having the canadian one up come into it?
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 19:16   Link #130
kingofthemoleppl

Well, not everybody can read Japanese so he uses the English page to be able to tell what he's clicking. (Kanji are annoying >_<)
kingofthemoleppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 19:33   Link #131
Varion
殲滅天使

Amazon JP has just about every page available in English. It's one of the blue buttons at the top and should it ever reset itself there'll be a 'Would you like to view this page in English? somewhere around the top right.

Old 2007-01-15, 19:54   Link #132
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

That feature must've been added in the past couple of years then. It deffinately wasn't there three years ago.
Old 2007-01-15, 19:59   Link #133
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and 3 years is a long time O.o but yea i order from amazon.jp and find that the translate option really handy ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 01:09   Link #134
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

really!? when i went to checkout it said '*** We're sorry. The item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button. ***'

>__<"?

Last edited by Kiety; 2007-01-16 at 01:28.
Old 2007-01-16, 04:54   Link #135
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
really!? when i went to checkout it said '*** We're sorry. The item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button. ***'

>__<"?
Link to the item you want?
Old 2007-01-16, 05:15   Link #136
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Megami-MAGAZ...e=UTF8&s=books
Old 2007-01-16, 05:22   Link #137
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
Ah. Amazon don't have any in stock, so you're trying to buy it from the other sellers' new and used page, and *they* don't ship internationally. So it looks like you will need someone in Japan. Or a deputy service. Either way you'll be paying a looot more than it should be.
Old 2007-01-16, 05:59   Link #138
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Do you remember specifically what posters were in that one?
Old 2007-01-16, 08:07   Link #139
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In the arena of .... "I'm spending too money much on this hobby and can't keep track" ... a Nanoha figure arrived today that I did not recall ordering. It was the GoodSmile "full bore kickass" Nanoha --- and I'm glad I ordered it

Very dynamic posing, the face is decent (not as grim as I'd like), the energy feathers are translucent and the dress fabric hang makes me feel like I should run a fan for flutter effect. The *only* complaint I have is that this is the first model that does not use a transparent red plastic for RH's core ball. Its painted (though hardly noticeable amongst all the energy flair). The funny thing is that my favorite part is her shoes... they have the heft and bulk of tank boots (like the anime) rather than the flimsier things the other models have.

Made it easy to pack up "bland Nanoha" for ebay ... I now have two Fates and two Nanoha that will be fun to display.
My new masterpiece has arrived It looks better than your photos Damn, it looks better than the shop photos, too And I second the shoes comment. They get noticed pretty fast. You get this "get out of my way or I'll crush you" feeling from the shoes I hope she doesn't try to be friends with my other figures, I've paid a lot to see them reduced to piles of plastic debris

@Xellos-_^ I've left some comments for you in the general Anime Figure thread
Old 2007-01-16, 11:13   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wouldn't waste my time trying to order figures from amazon.co.jp .. as someone pointed out much of the time they're just a front for smaller shops, many of whom don't ship internationally. The only thing I use them for is manga.
yesasia.com is infamous with me for claiming to have stuff, waiting two months with my money being held.. then admitting they don't have it in stock. I don't use yesasia anymore.

www.hlj.com and cdjapan.co.jp have never failed me yet.

@npal ... she is impressive, is she not? Her and the "on a gold flame pillar" Fate just dominate my collection.