4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 2 5.56%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.78%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-20, 01:01   Link #1
james0246

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 32 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 32.

The Traitor - 裏切り者 ~ Uragirimono

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
  • Do not vote in the poll before the episode has been released.
  • While each Gundam is part of a franchise/metaseries, the individual entries are unique and, consequently, should not be constantly compared against each other. Please refrain from needlessly cyclical discussion concerning comparisons between the various Gundam series.
  • As of Episode 08, any mention of the "childish" nature of the character designs will be treated as being off-topic and depending on the severity of the post warnings or infractions could be issued.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 03:03   Link #2
solidvanz
Special Operative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nhZbBmcFK8

Last edited by solidvanz; 2012-06-03 at 08:48.
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 03:24   Link #3
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Everything goes on as predicted...lolz
Old 2012-05-20, 04:00   Link #4
bio9205
Reborn

Wait, so is it Wrozzo or Gomel? I'm confused.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 04:00   Link #5
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

kinda weak episode since Kio is so confuse and did not decide to help Shenlua to survive, Shenlua is a human and not a vagan like i thought at first but she is definitely a spy for the vagan, she takes money from vagans to make her sick sister afford medication

next episode looks like Kio will be on rage mode due to Shenlua's death
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 04:06   Link #6
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Wait, so is it Wrozzo or Gomel? I'm confused.
Wrozzo.

Old 2012-05-20, 04:07   Link #7
casval cehack

Yeah, Codename Maria's reason is her sister's medical condition as predicted. A bag of coins is the price of the lives of Rostroulan garrison once those plasma particle bombs goesoff. Wong should be promoted for the leak's discovery.

A lot of first for Kio this episode; disobeying orders just like his father and cried after seeing the war in the different perspective. Nice touch that Romary seems to be ok for Kio to be posted in the Diva while Wootbit's mom is not.

Great to see a ground-type hovering Adele and the Gomel lookalike Wrozzo. I think the Defurse got upgraded too. If the Age-3 has been converted to a single seater, can we assume the G-Ceptor's are now UAV?
Old 2012-05-20, 04:41   Link #8
ReddyRedWolf

Well Shanalua felt she was caught between a rock and a hard place. Her weakness led her to betray the Federation. Being a spy doesn't mean the Vegans would accept her. Her sister is still sick. Finally she knows she is going to get the death penalty for spying.

Despite the prior portrayal of Flit purging the Federation of collaborators he tells Kio to let her go defend the base. Very practical as always. No use crying over spilled milk.

Kio like his father lets his personal feeling get in the way when it comes to friends.

Interesting Kio may show surprise but he hasn't really felt fear before. He's good... Too good it may bite him in the future. It was not until Shanalua that he was taught survival instinct. Even then it is intellectual.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 05:03   Link #9
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well Shanalua felt she was caught between a rock and a hard place. Her weakness led her to betray the Federation. Being a spy doesn't mean the Vegans would accept her. Her sister is still sick. Finally she knows she is going to get the death penalty for spying.

Despite the prior portrayal of Flit purging the Federation of collaborators he tells Kio to let her go defend the base. Very practical as always. No use crying over spilled milk.

Kio like his father lets his personal feeling get in the way when it comes to friends.

Interesting Kio may show surprise but he hasn't really felt fear before. He's good... Too good it may bite him in the future. It was not until Shanalua that he was taught survival instinct. Even then it is intellectual.
Her sickly sister will probably soon know that she's dead. It's only a Vegan win. Her sister has a greater chance of meeting her end sooner in one of those Zeheart's city bombardment orders, especially if the Rostroulan central command's soon destruction will affect the EFF coordinated earth defense dearly.

Ironic that her spy master of sorts is the one that she dueled with.
Old 2012-05-20, 06:11   Link #10
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

This episode was kinda bad. I loved how Zeheart's entire strategy relied on that guy surviving to activate the bomb. What if he got vaporized by the beam saber instead? Oh well.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:00   Link #11
Zantetsuken

Worst episode since generation 1 kicked into full gear. Comparable to the lame beginning
Old 2012-05-20, 07:14   Link #12
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Wrozzo.

For some reason, I have a feeling of
Spoiler for 32:
Old 2012-05-20, 09:16   Link #13
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I thought this was a pretty strong episode. It's nice to see Kio facing the reality of war and realising that not everything is black and white, and that it is not a game. The reveal that Shanalua is the spy would be more effective if we don't have THAT much of information and outright hints.
Old 2012-05-20, 09:53   Link #14
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I thought this was a pretty strong episode. It's nice to see Kio facing the reality of war and realising that not everything is black and white, and that it is not a game. The reveal that Shanalua is the spy would be more effective if we don't have THAT much of information and outright hints.
More like realizing the reality of adults. Kio is the forgiving type. Choices made has its consequences.

Shanalua herself is not thinking straight. Afraid she'll get the death penalty before her sister gets well.

She could have easily been used to feed false information to the enemy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 11:36   Link #15
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
More like realizing the reality of adults. Kio is the forgiving type. Choices made has its consequences.

Shanalua herself is not thinking straight. Afraid she'll get the death penalty before her sister gets well.

LOL. yea they could also have forgiven her and allowed her stay on the ship as a pilot; after all, treason is not a very big deal, specially since there is no precedent of the Federation cracking down on traitors...
Old 2012-05-20, 13:22   Link #16
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Well it was an emotional decision on her part so obviously she wouldn't be thinking straight but yes she's correct in that she'll get the death penalty as "traitors" is one of the worst crimes there are.

On that matter I found it silly they bribed her like that. The Vagans are conducting a cleansing operation so sure she took their money but that doesn't mean her sister would be safe from the war. I would've found it to make more sense if they were holding her sister hostage.

And did anyone found it silly they bribed her with "gold coins?" I was expecting a brief case or something.

Quote:

With age comes wisdom

Flit actually took the time to sit down with the captain to give her a pep talk and to reassure her that she'll make a great captain.

But in regards to Kio he's not a soldier so obviously emotions will run him around a bit. Technically speaking defending HQ should take priority over the spy since the damage was already done. This will strengthen his resolve I think.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 13:26   Link #17
faiz blaster

Okay.... This was disappointing...
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 15:21   Link #18
Scorpiopt

Predictable to say the least :/ , another UC homage to the invasion of jaburo
Weak episode probably the worst so far in the age series

Last edited by Scorpiopt; 2012-05-20 at 16:24.
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 15:23   Link #19
Awrya
U mad?

Seriously? You take a bribe from the enemy, which was a bag full of coins? Which century are we in
Flit pep talk encourages the captain, seems like she'll be able to make decisions next episode.
A strategy which depends on luck whether the Wrozzo ended up exploding or not during battle? If it does not, all according to plan. If it does, Zeheart&co die in the middle of the explosion
Old 2012-05-20, 15:46   Link #20
monster

All the pointed out flaws aside, I still enjoyed this episode. Shanalua's is probably my favorite death scene in AGE so far. Also, interesting note about Arissa not wanting her son to serve on the Diva. And maybe it's just me, but I feel like I was watching one of those CGI documentary on dinosaurs when the mobile suits were moving through the jungle, especially when that one Vagan mobile suit tried to ambush Kio and when Shanalua was being chased over Kio's head. It must be the perspective they're using, really makes the mobile suits look as giants when looked from the ground and with nature all around them. Somehow, I didn't feel this way when I watched 08th MS Team.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion