Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-18, 12:00   Link #1
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Jubei Chan 2

Does anyone know if there are any groups planning to sub this show?
I know for sure there are already 2 episodes out (RAW).
It would deffinetly be sad if know one subbed this when the first one was pretty damn good.Well i thought so anyways.
Old 2004-01-18, 16:48   Link #2
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Yeah I just wathed the first ep from the first season and thought it was great. I already watched the first ep of the second season and liked it alot thats why I started watching the first season. Someone is going to be subbing it though.
Old 2004-01-18, 19:00   Link #3
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I just bought the box set for the first one this weekend. I got about 3 disks to go. It's really funny so far. The fights could be better but I am assuming they will get so. My only beef is that the main character is doing the whole reluctant hero routine. I hate that. It is overdone and not really beleivable as most people would not turn down powers.
Old 2004-02-05, 13:33   Link #4
Naruko
Master of Sexy-No-Jitsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruko Send a message via AIM to Naruko Send a message via MSN to Naruko Send a message via Yahoo to Naruko
Jubei Chan 2 Episode 1 is Finaly out this should be good I have already watched the Raws but my Japanese is not that great so there are a few things that will be nice to Understand. I Love this Series.
Old 2004-02-05, 13:45   Link #5
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Woohoo! I'm very excited about the new Juebi-chan . I can't wait to get it...(currently in a queue on IRC to download.) sigh, hurry up, slow downloaders...
Old 2004-02-05, 19:40   Link #6
MasafumiGotoh

errrr?

I loved Jubei 1 but Jubei 2 just turned me off.....I dunno what it is though. I think its the russian parts and the group i guess. The animation also looks a lot like it was crappier than the first one. Ill see in future episodes.

Off topic: Suggestions for the sub group
I think the group needs better timing on the subtitles and need to subtitle the previews. Also the font shouldnt be white-ish. Sometimes very hard to read. Maybe the traditional yellowish orange like how TW did the early episodes of Naruto. Of course you dont need to follow these sugguestion because you guys are new to fansubbing if my memory serves me.
Old 2004-02-05, 21:49   Link #7
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I just watched the first episode from Shinsen. I only watched the first two or so episodes of the first series, but not much seems to be changed. It seems they still hit on the same puns/jokes, but the story seems interesting.

Also, I noticed a lot of translation errors in the version I watched. For example, at 4:26 Jubei says "tetsuya?" which was mistranslated as "Need help?". It really means "all-nighter". Then at 4:29 the "muda tetsuya" was mistranslated as "No use helping?" but it really means "A useless all-nighter?" And there were several other small errors I noticed. Not that I'm complaining though. I'm glad this series has finally gotten someone to sub it
Old 2004-02-06, 03:01   Link #8
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNarutoFanxX
I loved Jubei 1 but Jubei 2 just turned me off...
Seems like they are trying to pass off a lower-budget production here; Jubei and Felicia are well-rendered but everything else usually looks like crap. They crammed as many characters from the last show in as quickly as possible for no real reason. I don't see any real focus so far.
Old 2004-02-06, 22:12   Link #9
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNarutoFanxX
I loved Jubei 1 but Jubei 2 just turned me off.....
Yeah, I loved the first one also and not so impressed with the first episode of Jubei 2 too. While it wasn't horrible, it definitely didn't have the same magic as the first series. It didn't seem to have as much random humor as the first one. (I go for that stuff! I like Sexy Commando!) The original Jubei had random joke after random joke. The new Jubei so far seems to be sticking to the standard fare of jokes...though sadly no one mentioned bouncing bon bons.

The animation to me, was passable enough, but I do miss the old transformation sequence. Jubei-chan looks cool and so does the Siberian Yagyu. Music is merely acceptable. Story-wise, we'll see where this goes, since I need to give it more time to develop.

Anybody else notice a different voice for Shiro (her sempai) than the original?

also, how many episodes is this? anyone know?
Old 2004-02-07, 18:45   Link #10
guess

How do you people think of the fansub of Jubei chan 2 by this IYA group? I am just curious and I like this series. Thank you.
Old 2004-02-07, 23:06   Link #11
Naruko
Master of Sexy-No-Jitsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruko Send a message via AIM to Naruko Send a message via MSN to Naruko Send a message via Yahoo to Naruko
I think the one done by IY-Anime was better then the one from Shinsen & SD. I found the translation to be better and the Fonts Subs readability and such to be alot better. Though Shinsen & SD did a good job as well, but I would go with IY-Anime thats the Copy I am Keeping.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:59   Link #12
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruko
I think the one done by IY-Anime was better then the one from Shinsen & SD. I found the translation to be better and the Fonts Subs readability and such to be alot better. Though Shinsen & SD did a good job as well, but I would go with IY-Anime thats the Copy I am Keeping.
I thought the same thing--at the time the Shinsen version came out I was relieved that anyone had picked it up to fansub, but the IYA version seems to have a much better translation and the video quality is great. Hopefully IYA keeps up the great work, I really liked the first episode.
Old 2004-02-08, 13:57   Link #13
harrmd

Just watched the Solar version, and in my opinion, the best version out so far, they even translated Bans shirt Kanji, which nobody has done yet.
Old 2004-02-08, 14:52   Link #14
Relentless
Certifiably insane

How come in a Jubei-chan's thread nobody has mentioned her amazing bon-bons? In the first series, they were almost a character on their own right

Having decided to go with Solar's version, I still have not seen any episode, hoy do you rate it on the spheroid-plus-elastic-and-bouncy-yet-firm scale?
Old 2004-02-08, 19:48   Link #15
drownindreams

Just watched Solar's ep.1; I enjoyed the humor a lot. I haven't seen Jubei-chan 1... should I watch it to get all the subtext? Also: I've been reading the first series is much better... is it similar to what is in Jubei 2? Thanks ~
Old 2004-02-09, 05:23   Link #16
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownindreams
Just watched Solar's ep.1; I enjoyed the humor a lot. I haven't seen Jubei-chan 1... should I watch it to get all the subtext? Also: I've been reading the first series is much better... is it similar to what is in Jubei 2? Thanks ~
You should definately watch Jubei-chan's first season, if only for the fact it's great. Season 2 seems more or less the same thing with some new characters to me.
Old 2004-02-09, 12:49   Link #17
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
Anybody else notice a different voice for Shiro (her sempai) than the original?
Yeah several things in this episode made me scratch my head. I mean, what the hell happened to Shiro? Is he suffering from an identity crisis?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-02-22 at 14:35.
Old 2004-02-22, 14:40   Link #18
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Just saw the solar version of the 2nd episode and I must, they are doing a tremendous job. I had a hunch that Freisha and Jiyu were speaking in Korean a couple of times but I wasn't able to confirm this. I thought fansubbers would simply mistaken this as another Russian saying but they nailed the translation right.

I wonder where exactly Freisha is from. She can speak Russian and Korean and as far as I can remember these two contries do not connect with each other.
Old 2004-02-22, 15:58   Link #19
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Yeah, I agree. Solar is doing a tremendous jog. Whenever subbers put translation notes at the end of a an episode they earn extra points in my book. It really shows the time and care they put into their work.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-23, 01:38   Link #20
Go-lytely

Wow, I cant believe I waited so long to watch this show. I thought it was great. So far better than the first series. Jubei 2 was definitely funny and I like Freisha's voice. I couldnt stop lauging when she did the Rei-kun Kodacha joke and lets not forget the hunter x hunter joke. People are crazy thinking the animation was better in the first series. I thought the fight scenes were very crisp and well animated.

Kudos to Solar for their notes and the voice actors. Even though they were just short phrases, I understood their Korean.

Last edited by Go-lytely; 2004-02-23 at 20:39.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama