AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-05, 03:42   Link #61
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just to add some more discussion to the mix, I'd say that Kugimiya Rie role in Maria Sama ga Miteru as Touko is probably the best I have ever seen from her, even better than the Alphonse you seem to just frown at, or the Toradora/Shana/Louise typecast you seem to dislike, showing that she can actually perform a very different type of character, and string a whole new array of emotions when the script allows her to.
Agreed.

I think the voice she uses for Touko stands out from her standard tsundere voice (Shana/Nagi/Louise) because it's not caricature-ish like the others are. It certainly shows that she has skill in that regards. However, I think its just when compared with other voice actors she comes out a little lacking in infusing subtle differences in very similar characters.

Take Kawasumi Ayako for example. I'm positive that the voice she uses for Saber and Chikane is very similar, and yet, they feel so very different.

I also think a large part is how much a person likes the standard voice. I personally find Noto Mamiko's standard breathy role and Kugimiya Rie's tsundere voice to be immensely irritating, and therefore every time those voices come out of my speakers I think a part of my eardrums die a little each time

My vote goes to Kitamura Eri as standout performance, with Haruta (Yoshino Hiroyuki) as runner up. All others were very solid.
Old 2009-04-05, 06:02   Link #62
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken View Post
I haven't seen Horie Yui getting such a good character to work on for some time and I think she did it very well with Minori. I think she did the crazy, vulnerable, emotional and brash side of Minori nicely.

I wouldn't think Kugimiya Rie is only used in loli roles. She is gonna be in another upcoming series... you guess it, she is going to do Alphonse Elric again in FMA. Nothing loli about that character haha
Horie Yui did do nicely with Minorin. I must admit, I didn't much care for Minori's character, but Horie Yui emotes spectacularly, and made that character come to life. I think it helped that she was able to switch Minorin's 'voices' so quickly from eccentric to serious. Worked nicely with her unstable character.

Kugimiya Rie has the issue of being pidgeon-holed. Obviously someone liked how she voiced her small/immature tsundere character and know she's become synonymous with the character type.

My bias will be coming out here, but Kitamura Eri ties as favourite with Horie Yui for performance quality. Like Minorin, Ami had the advantage of having multiple masks, and made each of them stand out so very nicely. Kitamura Eri injected subtleness into Ami's character really very well.

And who can forget "Innnnnnnnnnnnnnn~po!". Damn I want that as a message tone. [/geekout]
Old 2010-03-04, 23:05   Link #63
Dark Paladin X

Ah, here is the little sucker. Since it is licensed now, I might as well show the dub cast of the main characters:

Ryuji Takasu- 1) Johnny Yong Bosch or 2) James Arnold Taylor (the first option more likely)
Taiga Aisaka- Cristina Valenzuela
Ami Kawashima- Michelle Ruff
Minori Kushieda- Stephanie Sheh
Yuusaku Kitamura- Yuri Lowenthal
Old 2010-03-05, 09:26   Link #64
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

mm.

Stephanie Sheh is more weak chars, though, isn't she?

(remembers she did Orihime in Bleach, and Eureka in Eureka 7 I think)
Old 2010-03-05, 14:43   Link #65
hinakatbklyn

Let's first see if the company decides to dub Toradora first before coming up with ideas since the previous reports indicated otherwise. But if they do, I'll put in my 2 cents:

Ryuji (Liam O'Brien)
Taiga (Michelle Ruff)
Ami (Christina Valenzuela) or (Mela Lee)
Minori (Hynden Walch)
Old 2010-03-05, 18:17   Link #66
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
mm.

Stephanie Sheh is more weak chars, though, isn't she?

(remembers she did Orihime in Bleach, and Eureka in Eureka 7 I think)
She's also quite capable of voicing genki girl type characters. Akira Kogami from Lucky Star is the best example:

Spoiler for Akira Kogami from Lucky Star:
Old 2010-03-08, 22:44   Link #67
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post
Horie Yui did do nicely with Minorin. I must admit, I didn't much care for Minori's character, but Horie Yui emotes spectacularly, and made that character come to life. I think it helped that she was able to switch Minorin's 'voices' so quickly from eccentric to serious. Worked nicely with her unstable character.

Kugimiya Rie has the issue of being pidgeon-holed. Obviously someone liked how she voiced her small/immature tsundere character and know she's become synonymous with the character type.

My bias will be coming out here, but Kitamura Eri ties as favourite with Horie Yui for performance quality. Like Minorin, Ami had the advantage of having multiple masks, and made each of them stand out so very nicely. Kitamura Eri injected subtleness into Ami's character really very well.

And who can forget "Innnnnnnnnnnnnnn~po!". Damn I want that as a message tone. [/geekout]

agree Minorin character was portrayed very well bec. of Horie Yui's magnificent dubbing. You can felt her change of emotions really well, bec. of that I salute her (since admittedly I also hated her bec. of her character, maybe bec. of the nice dub of her).
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2010-09-21, 22:41   Link #68
Dark Paladin X

Hope Toradora! gets re-released with a dub. I really want to hear Cristina Vee and Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Taiga and Ryuuji respectfully. If they drop any plans on re-releasing Toradora! with a dub, I'm going to troll a lot of people.
Closed Thread