Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2019-07-17, 02:40   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

An interesting news article from Forbes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes

In a new poll, the classic anime movie Gundam: Char’s Counterattack has been voted as one the best Gundam anime of all time.

Currently, there is a Yoshiyuki Tomino exhibition underway in Fukuoka and over three thousand attendees were asked which Gundam anime by Tomino was their favorite.

The movie Char’s Counterattack came first place with 29.2% of the vote, followed by the original Mobile Suit Gundam at 18.3%.

This is not the first time that Char’s Counterattack has done well with the polls, as the RX-93 Nu Gundam was voted as the nation’s favorite mobile suit a while ago. This being something that Bandai Spirits cottoned onto with the announcement of their new Metal Structure toy of the famous Yutaka Izubuchi design.

However, the fact that the host movie has done so well is interesting and will likely result in further spin-offs.

In that, the Gundam Unicon novels followed on from the novelization of Char’s Counterattack, called Beltorchika’s Children. In recent years, Beltorchika’s Children has had a new manga adaptation and all manner of new toys, with the massive Nightingale toy being a prime example.

Furthermore, we have a new trilogy of movies based on the Hathaway’s Flash novels, which are also part of this spin-off novel timeline that includes Gundam Unicorn and Beltorchika’s Children.

While it may sound crazy, I wouldn’t put it past Sunrise to do an animated version of Beltorchika’s Children at some point, as it does deviate from Char’s Counterattack quite a bit in places, not least with the various mobile suits.
One of the interesting trivias in that article is how it mentioned that the Unicorn novels follow the Beltorchika's Children timeline. That's something that a lot of people (even some fans) didn't know. But of course, the anime adaptation made it so that anime-Unicorn follows the anime-CCA.
Old 2019-07-18, 15:49   Link #42
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
An interesting news article from Forbes:

One of the interesting trivias in that article is how it mentioned that the Unicorn novels follow the Beltorchika's Children timeline. That's something that a lot of people (even some fans) didn't know. But of course, the anime adaptation made it so that anime-Unicorn follows the anime-CCA.
That's interesting. What changes in the unicorn anime version to follow the anime-cca?? I did read the novel...maybe Beltorchika did appear (such a long time ago), but I don't remember whether she had a kid...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 12:43   Link #43
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Beltorchika did appear briefly in anime!Unicorn, but the primary concern for differences post-CCA between anime and novel concern the events between Hathaway and Quess, and I still don't know how they're going to adjust the start of Hathaway's Flash to make it work.
Old 2023-02-10, 12:27   Link #44
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I finally read Beltorchika's Children. I loved this far more than the original movie. Still, Char committting genocide feels ridiculous
Old 2023-07-05, 06:43   Link #45
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Something that I really enjoyed about Beltorchika's Children was how unique it made Amuro's character overall rather than just having him as Char's rival. I think we never had a father protagonist in Gundam. It was more violent but it left a bigger mark on me than the movie did.
Old 2023-10-18, 08:29   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I know Yasuhiko didn't design the characters but who did the art of the novel? The cover makes Amuro a big hard to distinguish due to the helmet and the Nu Gundam doesn't seem to have the other design meant to have in the movie.