AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 42 33.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 19:47   Link #161
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Well, hopefully people will have one less thing to complain about this time around. We got the concert everyone wanted with them singing on stage.

Hopefully with Azusa around Mio wont be picked on as much. However i hope she doesn't steal too much Mio's thunder. So far i see her as just the shy half of Mio without the strong side she has with friends.

I wonder if "Fun things are fun" will top "People die when they are killed"

Edit add:

And as awesome as it would be to see "Don't say lazy" played at the final episode, "Cagayake! Girls" sounds more likely. "Don't say lazy" did outsell it opening week however.

Last edited by SeedFreedom; 2009-05-24 at 20:01.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:53   Link #162
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Probably will, since that quote by Shirou isn't even the actual translation.

Oh, wait till the next ep. If it doesn't change your viewpoint of Azusa, KyoAni just destroyed a character.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:12   Link #163
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Probably will, since that quote by Shirou isn't even the actual translation.

Oh, wait till the next ep. If it doesn't change your viewpoint of Azusa, KyoAni just destroyed a character.
Not fair to blame KyoAni. I read the manga too and i just never really felt as much character from her as i did Mio, especially when they are similar. I still like Azusa, just not as much as Mio or my second pick Ritsu.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:42   Link #164
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, from the scans I've seen, she just doesn't have the screen time yet. And KyoAni would keep her parts in, definitely. After all, there already isn't much to work with.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:26   Link #165
Fran~
floating away...

There is a lot of manga material for some decents episodes.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:45   Link #166
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

KyoAni has already added quite a bit of their own stuff to the series. Sometimes, the additions included drama which wasn't there in the manga. The sudden change in mood is a bit jarring.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:07   Link #167
Kyourin
garbage collector

i'm tempted to read the manga ..... >w<

*patience patience*
Old 2009-05-24, 23:47   Link #168
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
KyoAni has already added quite a bit of their own stuff to the series. Sometimes, the additions included drama which wasn't there in the manga. The sudden change in mood is a bit jarring.
ok I'm not exactly the most observant person around but I totally fail to see where there is any drama but then we may different standards to wards what is drama.

well that aside I love this ep, all the little things that happened this ep just made it enjoyable.

Mugi-chan seeing everyone complain about the outfits and wanting to join in but nothing wrong for her, just too cute!

love the live play great stuff!
Old 2009-05-25, 00:17   Link #169
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I cite the example of Mio during the summer vacation episode. When the gang was playing with fireworks, Mio had that "touched" look on her face. In the manga chapter, it's really just fun, games and slight teasing. Heck, even the barnacles gag wasn't in it.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:10   Link #170
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

even after the manga Azusa cant get close to Mio's lv of win
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-05-25, 01:15   Link #171
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
No one can win over MIO....daa, everybody loves her.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:16   Link #172
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I like her more in the manga. Still shy, but not afraid to serve Ritsu her daily knuckle sandwich. Now, all we need is for Sawako to dress the whole gang in punk outfits and we're ready to go.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:21   Link #173
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
punk outfit? hell yeah,....i don't read the manga though. can't wait to see that.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:25   Link #174
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
I like her more in the manga. Still shy, but not afraid to serve Ritsu her daily knuckle sandwich. Now, all we need is for Sawako to dress the whole gang in punk outfits and we're ready to go.
and also sawa-chan should also do the lead voice sometimes ..

I just wonder how really good she is in singing
Old 2009-05-25, 01:49   Link #175
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Exclamation

Well as to KyoAni making subtle changes, one of them was in this eps where we really don't grasp WHY Ui is so concerned with who will join the K-on, or if anyone will at all... In the manga it is duly noted that the club spends too much time fooling around with tea and such, and doesn't perform enough to justify their title as a club. (This struck me as ironic as I continue to read comments by Animesuki members criticizing the story of exactly the same thing! ) If they don't continue to expand the club and demonstrate that they are doing what their club's function is by at LEAST putting on another live, then they might lose their charter. To this end, Ui sort of takes it up to help find someone in her grade to join the K-on, hence the touring around of her friend, and in this eps, apparent pulling in of Azusa to the gym. (That worked a little differently in the manga)

In that context, Ui's comment at the end of congratulations muttered to herself makes so much more sense... Its a very small distinction, but I could have used that little expansion of the scene between Nodoka and Ritsu to include the Student Council's threat of disbanding the club if they didn't take things more seriously in place of quite so much silly costumed situations. The critical threat to the club had been removed from the anime version and as much as I enjoyed the eps, lost a little tension in so doing.
Old 2009-05-25, 02:16   Link #176
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I never did put much weight on the club being closed down, not because Nodoka wouldn't do it, but because the girls would get their act together and do something about it. You have to give Ritsu some credit when it comes to band affairs.
Old 2009-05-25, 02:56   Link #177
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I thought they always followed the source material verbatim. Or is that just a myth?
Old 2009-05-25, 04:31   Link #178
Taken

Fantastic insert song, fantastic mio attics, fantastic comedy - fantastic K-on episode.
Old 2009-05-25, 05:10   Link #179
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I thought they always followed the source material verbatim. Or is that just a myth?
Not for K-On. Yui and Ui seen celebrating Christmas when they were little kids? Anime-only. Tsumugi dreaming about Jello? Anime-only. Mio being scared of barnacles? Anime-only.
Old 2009-05-25, 05:57   Link #180
Pachael
原作通り

Anime-only:
- The entire Part-time jobs arc
- The fireworks sequence
- Sawa-chan leaping over everything
- My Love Is a Stapler (Manga played Fuwa Fuwa again)
- Moe Moe Kyun
- Yui getting distracted during study in the midterm episode
- The talent show

Recent episodes have upped the pace through the manga chapters. At the early rate I was expecting Azusa to appear in Episode 10 or so. And the anime seems to be skipping more pieces of the manga lately.
Closed Thread