AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-18, 05:56   Link #8501
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Yeah, while I based my original character idea off Project F and memory transplanting, Ein goes and completely runs against scientific knowledge about it. And let's not go into how Ix completely flattens my understanding of medical practice in canon.
I'm endlessly amused how magic keeps on going "screw reality, we've got magic" in these new installments. :3

Quote:
I'm not complaining.
Neither am I. I enjoy playing inside the boundaries given, seeing those boundaries expand only gives me more fuel to toy with.

Quote:
What do you mean about Syn? That she's an old King brought to the future? Or has memories of an old King? The set-up I had for the group was that Syn was the only one of the 4 Kings (Ix, Syn, Vi+Stella and Ein) who wasn't related to any previous kings.
The idea that's currently toying in my head is that Syn is a descendant of the Carter line. While the blood has thinned, a remnant remains and is present strongly in Syn, explaining her one blue eye. While she doesn't inherit direct memories a-la Ingvalt, the oath Alistina swore to Olivie burns strong in her blood.

I'm still working out the details beyond that, still debating how much Syn would inherit from her ancestor.

It'd also make Syn royalty in a somewhat less conventional way. A noble descendant instead of direct Belkan royalty.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-11-18 at 13:08.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 11:16   Link #8502
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm endlessly amusing how magic keeps on going "screw reality, we've got magic" in these new installments. :3
I wonder what else in time will the Kaiser reward us faithful with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The idea that's currently toying in my head is that Syn is a descendant of the Carter line. While the blood has thinned, a remnant remains and is present strongly in Syn, explaining her one blue eye. While she doesn't inherit direct memories a-la Ingvalt, the oath Alistina swore to Olivie burns strong in her blood.

I'm still working out the details beyond that, still debating how much Syn would inherit from her ancestor.

It'd also make Syn royalty in a somewhat less conventional way. A noble descendant instead of direct Belkan royalty.
I see. Yes with the new data, this certainly is viable.
Spoiler for OC Spoiler!:
Old 2009-11-18, 12:21   Link #8503
Jimmy C

Though I don't think it'll make you guys change anything, but have you considered the possibility that Ingvalt's memory transfer thing is a Royal Familiy Inherent Skill like the Saint Kiing's Saint Armor?
After all, not everyone can have the memories of a long-ago person the way Einhart does.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 12:54   Link #8504
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
"Base Attack"
finally, here's something once again

Spoiler for Half a day later...:

Spoiler for In the Meantime:

And with that I am finished for now.

@ Keroko : hmmmm will talk to you soon and yes OC comments needed since the 3 of us slaved here to work on those 3

:3

and moving on, another possible person.

Spoiler for Rhythmist/Tuner Maestro: [Counter Stop], Amy aka "Shoutai Fumei":
Old 2009-11-18, 12:58   Link #8505
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for Rhythmist/Tuner Maestro: [Counter Stop], Amy aka "Shoutai Fumei":
commenting on the text walls when i've gotten my sleep, but first things first...

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-!!!! You really stuck with Shoutai Fumei?!
Old 2009-11-18, 17:29   Link #8506
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well...I finally managed to fill in the blank that was missing in chapter 2 of WindS-B (it's about time too...)

I've been using this time away to play eroge, read manga and watch anime look for reference material
And I gathered a good bunch of it too

Btw, here's the link to my OC Index :3

So, here goes...

Spoiler for WindS-B - Chapter 2: Tailwind of Progress - Part 3:

Yeah...it's fun to tease Fuuko, for me at least

I'll see if I can write the next piece and wrap up this chapter so I can move on to the time skip 3 years

As for illustration in this piece...I'm all ears for suggestions :3

*warps out*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2009-11-18 at 18:13.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:44   Link #8507
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Shoutai Fumei
I still cannot shake off the thought that it sounds like "Shota Fumei", and the fact the first thing to enter my mind is loli traps.

*kct is twisted to death.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 20:48   Link #8508
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
commenting on the text walls when i've gotten my sleep, but first things first...

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-!!!! You really stuck with Shoutai Fumei?!
like what i said before off-forum, that name's just another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
I still cannot shake off the thought that it sounds like "Shota Fumei", and the fact the first thing to enter my mind is loli traps.

*sees some random creature walk off*
Old 2009-11-18, 21:36   Link #8509
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post

I like the way you think :3
Old 2009-11-18, 22:35   Link #8510
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Though I don't think it'll make you guys change anything, but have you considered the possibility that Ingvalt's memory transfer thing is a Royal Familiy Inherent Skill like the Saint Kiing's Saint Armor?
After all, not everyone can have the memories of a long-ago person the way Einhart does.
Hmm, yes, this does makes sense, especially if it's used for a more-or-less perfect transmission of the Kaiser Style down the bloodline. But usually, in such cases, the descendant/target recipient should also inherit the memories of those that came before Ingvalt, no? Unless the RFIS, should it exist, could or was meant only to pass the Kaiser Style down, and Ingvalt's regret was passed along with it due to the immense strength of those feelings.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 22:48   Link #8511
Jimmy C

Actually, I was thinking it is supposed to pass down his memories, assuming it really exists. This allows him to return to check on the state of his kingdom every few generations, see if everything is going according to plan. Except, both his kingdom and most of his descendants are gone now.
Old 2009-11-19, 00:21   Link #8512
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And now he's cursed to wander the earth as a commoner thereafter? Touche.

Or is that why Kia made a most complete replicate of Hades as part of her plan?

There are some things in canon that you just can't blame. For everything else, there's Chawanaskia.

EDIT:

A preview of things to come:

Spoiler for AFA09 Cosplay:

Pardon the stupid phone camera resolution.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2009-11-19 at 04:48.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 10:13   Link #8513
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Actually, I was thinking it is supposed to pass down his memories, assuming it really exists. This allows him to return to check on the state of his kingdom every few generations, see if everything is going according to plan. Except, both his kingdom and most of his descendants are gone now.
Ahh, I see what you mean. A RFIS that originates from him, yes? Hmm, that would make sense=3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 13:38   Link #8514
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Sanity Check time.
I've started on scene two of this chapter, but I want to get a quick oppinion on Scene One.

Spoiler for C9 SC1:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 13:57   Link #8515
Jimmy C

Ah, It's "Harlown" no e.
Old 2009-11-22, 12:01   Link #8516
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It's been one hell of a week. Leading Lingo and ZettaiKaren around the home island, putting my half-ass'd cosplay costume together, throw in a few dates with the mistress and one for the imouto in exam week, then going flat-out for Anime Festival Asia 2009...

Early this afternoon we got to see the Keion-bun and lamented in one voice the lack of Mio. D= At least we got a Nya~~ out of Azusa. After that, we had a crazy session of epic with Yoshiki and May'n in I Haato Anisong (The OCT contingent got front row!!!), and then went to build on that with a Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 with Shou + UWA Genshiken. Let's not forget the mad sprint for the last train.

My brain is in pieces from all that awesomesauce. I'm dead-beat. Seriously. Got to meet Esta, Shou and Funya in the flesh (and suffer their thanks for all the khrack). Too bad I missed dk on that one chance. Never had this much fun in such a short time in a looong time.

Oh and Anita AND Heinekochan both don't exist.

Pictures will come later. I'm run into the ground and it's only adrenaline keeping me running. So before I hit the sack, I'd like to tell OCT that it's been one hell of a ride. Khrack production will resume this week, for better or for worse.
Old 2009-11-22, 12:11   Link #8517
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
So I'm guessing if the only thing Jimmy says is that I have a name misspelled, my latest scene passes Sanity Check?
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 12:50   Link #8518
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
(The OCT contingent got front row)
What are Esta and I? Chopped Kneazles?

Quote:
My brain is in pieces from all that awesomesauce. I'm dead-beat. Seriously. Got to meet Esta, Shou and Funya in the flesh (and suffer their thanks for all the khrack).
i should have abused you more.

Quote:
Oh and Anita AND Heinekochan both don't exist.
But i was going to play along! >:3

Quote:
Pictures will come later. I'm run into the ground and it's only adrenaline keeping me running. So before I hit the sack, I'd like to tell OCT that it's been one hell of a ride. Khrack production will resume this week, for better or for worse.
Time for me to invoke Silver Retriever on SGcafe.
Old 2009-11-22, 13:04   Link #8519
Oseng

@AdmiralTigerclaw

It's pretty minor and probably doesn't even affect the plot as it looks like just a little blurb, but it does seem kind of odd that George would not wind up getting arrested or otherwise running into some serious legal consequences for failing to register as a mage. If the TSAB requires all mages to register, which they probably do, then I would think that there would laws against failing to register etc etc. Otherwise the scene looks pretty good to me.

Just my two cents and a bit of nitpick.
Oseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:27   Link #8520
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't know, do they? I can't remember there ever being mention of a mage registration in Nanoha.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content