AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-05-02, 11:22   Link #1
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Question Anime songs that trigger a particular emotion/feeling?

Most of the anime songs I've heard aren't that impressive vocally, but plenty are catchy and some trigger certain emotions or feelings, or send a shiver down my spine. When I mean emotions, I don't necessarily mean "it makes me cry", or the type of feelings people would consider "soppy". It can be anything, from feeling happy or feeling horny. o.o

Here are mine:

YamiBou OP: Hitomi no Naka no Meikyuu
I think this song is really eerie. I can't really explain how.

Elfen Lied OP: Lilum

I get shivers down my spine when I listen to this. Especially the saints version.

Twin Spica ED: Miagetegoran....
This song's really melancholy. It's saddening, but not depressing. Like, you're all alone, reminiscing over the happy times long time ago or something.

Genshiken OP: My Pace
For some reason, this song makes life seem happy and positive, blue sky and sunshine and all that crap.

Now and Then, Here and There OP
Narutaru OP
Infinite Ryvius OP

These songs sound really tragic....kind of saddening.
The funny thing about these songs is that none of them are really "depressing sounding" songs (well, maybe NTHT is, kinda) until you watch the anime series they're for! Also, when I listen to the NTHT OP, I feel like I'm one of the kids working in Hellywood. =(

Rozen Maiden Traumend OP

I feel mischievous every time I listen to this song. Like I want to play a prank or something.

Major Season 1 OP
This song makes me eager to "go forward". Like something tragic just happened and I'm trying to move on and go towards my goal. Not unlike the events in the anime.

Please give reasons for your answers!
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 12:14   Link #2
ginko51

Some good choices.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-05-03 at 18:10.
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:43   Link #3
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
That song in Niea_7 ep. 10, i'd say. I just can't help crying.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 15:05   Link #4
SomeWhiteGuy

Berserk - Guttsu it's very like the "pure moods" sound track
SomeWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 15:37   Link #5
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Always With Me (Spirited Away)
Gomen-ne if I seem like a Spirited Away fanboy by now, but no other anime song makes me cry so damn much! I burst into tears when I sing along with the words of the thingy...on the tele-thing...sorry, I'm already out of it.
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 20:51   Link #6
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Toki o Kioku from Please Save My Earth: It's beautiful, haunting, and makes me feel nostalgic, reflective, full of wonder, and a little sad -- all of which fits perfectly with the series plot.

Utsukushi Kereba Sore de Ii from Simoun is similar, but there's more of a feeling of taking action against a sad situation despite a lack of good choices rather than reflecting on the past.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 22:23   Link #7
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Whenever I listen to the third ending song from Mushishi, I can't help but feel like I'm right there with Ginko, in a world that's cold and depressing, quiet and lonely... (at least for the winter :P )

I strongly agree with Scribble about the Now and Then, Here and There opening song. The full version especially is just brimming with tragedy.

The ending song to TIDE-LINE Blue, called "Voice" by (I think I have the name righ) Tatsuhisa Suzuki always puts me in a better mood. That's probably just a culmination of a very pleasant run with the series
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 22:49   Link #8
Calca
Expressionless

Raspberry Heaven from Azumanga Daioh triggers a melacholic emotion from some reason.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 00:49   Link #9
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

All the Ali Project songs invokes mischief whenever I hear it. I will always have sinister thoughts flooding into my mind whenever I hear the songs (yes, especially Kinjirareta Asobi).

But the RM BGM, Shukuteki, always gives me the adrenaline rush.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 03:02   Link #10
Lost

Mushishi OST
Makes me feel like I'm in another world altogether; great relaxing music. Plus feelings from scenes where the music was played floods back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow
The song of episode 7 in Mushishi.It's just....deep.
The Rainbow episode!!! One of my all time favourites The song's title is Ame ga Kuru Niji ga Tatsu if I'm not wrong. Yep. Its deep and powerful.

Shun - Megu's insert song from RM:Traumend
Sends shivers down my back, even tho the vocals aren't that impressive, its probably how she sings it. A celebration of death? (wish I could understand the lyrics)

Hikari no Rasenritsu - RM:T ED
A melancholy song that evokes such-like feelings.

Hinageshi no Hana no you ni - Mai Otome OST2
Its sad but hopeful~uplifting at the same time. Represents for me the sadness of dying but the honour of accomplishing something with that death. Love it.

Sentimental Generation - Sch Rumble 2 OP
Musou Uta - Utawarerumono OP
These two make me want to get up and dance

Kamp - RM:T OP-single insert
Leaves me raring to go into battle

Forgot one: The song played near the end in Planetes episode 7 (the girl, Nono). Very very meaningful song. It moves me deeply. (someone please give me the title)

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-03 at 03:17.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 04:10   Link #11
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

'The Sacred Moon' evokes feelings of a beautiful despair. 'Who's Theme' evokes a relaxing and melodious peace. 'Quiet Life' evokes the beauty of melancholy ...

'The Sacred Moon' is from Shingetsutan Tsukihime, 'Who's Theme' from Samurai Champloo, and 'Quiet Life' from the OVA of Rurouni Kenshin, Tsuiokohen.
Hikari no Rasenritsu evokes another melancholy feeling that I treasure.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 04:29   Link #12
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
Narutaru OP
Narutaru OP a sad song? I always thought it was a huge contrast to the anime itself, which made it stand out. Well maybe it's because of the association, but the song itself isn't sad at all imo.

Anyway... A couple of examples.

Canta Per Me - Noir OST - The singing, the instrumentals, the use in the anime, it just smacks of tragedy

Smile - Full Moon wo Sagashite OST - Happy, uplifting... Smile! (title speaks for itself)
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 06:02   Link #13
shiro83

Shakugan no Shana's 1st OP: Hisoka no Sora by Kawada Mami. Very catchy.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 07:53   Link #14
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroitenshi83
Shakugan no Shana's 1st OP: Hisoka no Sora by Kawada Mami. Very catchy.
Double to that without that song really push up the Shakugan no Shana series to higher level.

Another song that moved me is Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo OP song.A girl with katana,desert,the wind , all flow together along with the song.

Kiba opening OP and ED song, the songs really match with the themes the anime trying to depict and the songs are lively. Me and my friends used to sing along everytime we watch Kiba together.

For backdated songs.

Life by Yui (Bleach) The music video for "Life" even made me thought of Yui as an angle.

Comet by Yonha(also from Bleach) . I like the way she run her fingers on the piano.I'm always in ureshii-mode everytime I listen that song or watching the music video.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 12:46   Link #15
Soka-chan

When I first listened to Hakkai no theme, I cried my eyes out.I hadn't even watched the anime.

Whenever I listen to Kesenai Tsumi, first ending of FMA, it lifts my mood, it gets me super-high(bordering on illehgal substances effects, sometimesXD).

When my friedns are in my home at a party and I put on Lonely in Gorgeous(OP of Paradise Kiss), a colective madness gets over them: they start dancing, writhing in suggestive(and some, highly amusing-ways, pumping fists in the air and singing loudly.

Cries in the Dark, by Maaya Sakamoto, always has, for me, an unearthly quality, like it's not quite from this world. It's specially unnverving and specially beautiful, at night in the middle of the street.
Soka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 14:59   Link #16
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
any of the gundam openings, just gimme that warm fuzzy feelin like after dranking down a cup of lean lol. seriously its the music that jus touches me lik that ^^;;u kno the feelin where u want to share with the whole world the music and how its making u feel
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 14:20   Link #17
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The Macross series had some really great songs, I loved the series because the songs made me cry 5 out of 6 times in the past decade.

Ai Oboeteimasuka: When Minmay finally sang the song, my tears just fell. Who cares if she was so whiny, her song made her one of the most favourite heroines ever. Definitely the Voice that saved the universe.

Try Again and Angel Voice: I never thought I would ever cry listening to rock music. But Basara proved me wrong, these 2 songs definitely touched my heart at the respective final episodes. It was so heart warming when Sivil, Gepelnitch and the space whales joined in the songs.

When I played stage 49 of SRW@3, the Macross stage, I cried immediately when Minmay appeared and the Ai Oboeteimasuka BGM was played, then at the same stage, I cried again when Basara started Try Again. I guess I cried because the dialogues combined with the songs are just too touching.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 05:07   Link #18
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Opening of Monster and Opening of Tsukihime... very touching
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 05:23   Link #19
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Chrno Crusade - Pleasure Line
This song makes me feel very motivated for some reason. When I listen to it, I feel like my dreams can come true easily.

Heat Guy J - Hikari, Planetes - Planetes, Last Exile - Over the Sky, .hack//Sign - Key of the Twilight, Wolf's Rain - Stray, Wolf's Rain - Tell me what the rain knows
They all sound eeriely beautiful, I can feel deja vu listening to them.

Kino no Tabi - All the way
This calms the soul.

All Stellvia themes
They make my life sound dramatic in a way. I feel like I'm a leading role in a story.

Escaflwone - Sora
Possibly the saddest song I've heard. It's not so much of a sad piece, but it's really touching and I cry easily when I listen to it.
Old 2006-05-19, 12:46   Link #20
RedSorceress

"Waiting So Long" by Silver Fins

It has such a melancholy feel to it with the two voices singing together and yet slightly off. It's such a perfect song for "Berserk" where a group of disparate people band together, only to break apart.
RedSorceress is offline   Reply With Quote