AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-01, 19:47   Link #641
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
I suggest you learn what it feels like to throw and have hand grenades detonate near you before you talk about blast power.
I didn't think grenades had even a third of the kind of power you're saying they do. I'll tone the power down and turn the grenade effect into a new spell or something.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 19:53   Link #642
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I didn't think grenades had even a third of the kind of power you're saying they do. I'll tone the power down and turn the grenade effect into a new spell or something.
Have you every thrown a grenade? Ever been there, seen one detonate? Have you ever been at a range where grenades and explosives are used?

Don't talk about things you've only seen on television and video games. They are extremely poor representations of real life.
Old 2008-06-01, 20:00   Link #643
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Don't get all worked up about it, Tempest, I get the picture. It's just that I thought a "fragmentation" grenade got most of its' power from throwing shrapnel around, not from pure explosive force. Obviously I was mistaken, but there's no reason to jump down my throat about it...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-01, 20:13   Link #644
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Don't get all worked up about it, Tempest, I get the picture. It's just that I thought a "fragmentation" grenade got most of its' power from throwing shrapnel around, not from pure explosive force. Obviously I was mistaken, but there's no reason to jump down my throat about it...
It packs more wallop than movies would have you believe.

I'm not going to jump down your throat about it, but I would at least suggest looking it up.

Here's some vids to go to:

I suggest you hold your stomach for this one. The dog doesn't come out very well, but you get a nice example of scale of power. (The soldiers were dicks there... I wouldn't want them as Battles myself.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1KQ5a5A7B8

A Mk 19 Grenade launcher. Note the clear sounds of the concussions from over a hundred meters away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Jg36qwsog

And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbKBI4Ckpv4

The best example of just what happens to anything near an M-67. And of course, note how freaking fast that soldier runs to get away from that thing once he lets go.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 20:25   Link #645
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

....I see your point. Though I fear for the sanity of our boys in Iraq if they've devolved into psychos who'd blow up a dog for sport, but that's neither here nor there.

How does a three-to-five-second charge period sound for a grenade-level explosion? That's about the length of the fuse, I think, right?

*EDIT*
And if we happen to have any army vets in here, spare me the lecture on how I have no idea what war does to people, because frankly there's no excuse for killing something for sport like that poor mutt.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-06-01 at 21:01.
Old 2008-06-01, 20:33   Link #646
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Breaker time...~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris Blacwell View Post
Looking for characters that have anything to do with Vivio-chan.
Ahhh, another newcomer joins the vict-I mean, ranks! Welcome to ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Outer Cadia Zwei: (to Kha) Onii-tan! Onii-tan! <gestures cutely>

XD

*runs*
Aieeee~ so cute~

*dies of sugar overload*

Quote:
Thank you. On a side note: There seem to be demonic voices coming from my television. And I just happen to be alone (my family went to gramps house) Creeeepy.....
Heh, watch for ghouls...:3

As far as angst goes, Alpha's about what ypu're looking for. Recommend you read it with a supply of favorite foods and under good lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*TK lures Outer Cadia Zwei to his cloning lab with the promise of candy.*

TK (Rubbing his hands together): “Man freaky Otaku will pay through the nose for one of these! Once I clone up a few thousand of them I’m gonna be frikkin rich!”

Outer Cadia Zwei (sucking a lollipop): “Is this going to be fun?!”

TK (absently): “Huh yeah tons of fun! Now go get in that vat full of green slime...”
You an evil little man, you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post

*Tempest looks at Noland*

Well... if you're looking for a CHAOTIC BATSHIT INSANE crazy berserker, you got one here. Oh and since he supposedly kills the Saint King, one must wonder what he would do to Vivio, not to mention the rest of the cast.

I do love a good slaughter...

*Tempest looks at the Gospel of Judas plans*

Ohhh man you're gonna like this one. Once I get it out anyways...
Do I smell tang in the near future? Or at least pyres of corpses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
It can be an interesting fic, like Eagle's mindfuck work that I've heard about (sorry no link here... :heh) but it depends on how it's done.

Like how Matsuri's mom can make even breakfast interesting (), it's all about the author, and how he/she does it.

As for my prologue, I don't quite know why the link can't be inserted! It's in the old thread, and I pasted it, but it vaporized, and now I can't find it. Weird...

And... It's weekend in OC thread again. So... empty.

Never mind that; WTF tagged the thread with SPARTAAAAAA!!!
Heh, stuff does get lost among the backlog...how anyone could possibly dig something out of that mess is beyond me anyway...

And I did notice the "sparta" tag...what it's doing there is beyond me. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Sneaky posuto~!

About time, or ABOUT TIME?!

*RUNZ!!!*
You and your sneaky posts, Aaron.

But yes, it's about time.

Quote:
Which is one of the reason I rather respect you we disagree and I criticized your work, but you took it for what it was a "professional" criticism not some personal assualt upon your character and since you liked what you were doing you kept doing it and I basiclly just said my piece and washed my hands of it. Which is how ideally it ought to work trust me if I'm attacking you, you'll KNOW I'm after you.
See? This is the kind of respectful criticism we need here, not the "KILLHAXXBURN" we've gotten lately. If you don't like something, be honest. If you're on the end, take it like a man. (No offense to any girls reading. :3)
Quote:
Well see... but really I'll probably only be happy when they all die horribly without any lame post credit sequel hook.
Something tells me you'll get your wish...the "mob army" is always a prequel to what's really out there...
Quote:
I'd be happier about that if you were acutally Female instead of just playing one on the internet...
In his defense, he can be at least as convincing as some actual girls I know online...
Quote:
For some reason I'm getting unexplained Kagerou vibes off of Nanoha in that pic, but I'm not sure why and I find that fact highly disturbingly... Damn it Kag you need to stop acting like a women in IRC it's messing with my sense of reality!
Pfffft. The fact that you even cling to "reality" shows just how disturbed you really are...

Quote:
LOL I did a random Tickle test to match my game and I got WoW.

What's YOUR game? :3
Actually...mine too...haven't figured out if that's good or bad...>.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Regarding the railgun concept, using magic to propel solid pseudomatter slugs isn't new; TK used it in his work on the Palaine mages and magic system.

I am not going to comment more, since I've just gotten back from church and am looking forward to a long night at work. Garh night shift. The price I pay for being on the fast track for promotion to Shift Leader and Main Chair Section in the Domino's CSC. -_-

Can't argue with the pay though Pay is good.

And welcome back to OC, ark. After spending time in Macross doing light SOD I'm starting to understand your position a bit better. Never thought I'd say that.
Magic railgun, huh? Okay, I can see that.

And yes, pay is good. Just got paid today, meself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
This just in:

Outer Cadia is now powered and funded with TROMBERIUM.

THE MINERAL THAT OVERRIDES ALL!

That is all.

EDIT: Page claim for TROMBERIUM!
*begins helplessly listening to "Trombe"*

Quote:
Fenris? HERself?! USOOODAAA!!!

*chills in the corner*

It's still an oops there Tk...

And did USB and Lowe go nuts in the IRC, creating the explozion of Trombe?
What's so surprising about having another girl here? Far as I'm concerned, more is better.

Quote:
#1 What does Usoda mean?
#2 What's so surprising about me being a girl?
#1 - Usoda: It's a lie
#2 - We don't have but a few girls here, so I guess he's surprised by that. Like I said, more the better.

Quote:
Sry about that; I just never expected a girl to be so... obsessed about angst.
[cryptic]...oh, how little you know...[/cryptic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Besides it not really computing... I can't figure out who the one is in the bottom left corner. It can't be Nanoha - she doesn't have purple eyes o.O

They also ALL have odd eyes
Could just be the art style. And Nanoha's eyes are...dark blue, if I remember right. Could look purplish under the right light. Honest slip, methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
COUNTDOWN TO BACKLOG BREAKER = 3 more DAYS.

I have three points:

ONE: You are NOT Forgotten! I read it...just no time to comment. I WILL do so though, rest assured, along with the 20 odd pages of backlog that now plague me.

TWO: Yep, colorful titles help

THREE: I'm posting my own thing soon anyway, so I'll take this point of yours in deep mind

Xena, signing off, for now.
3 days? What, you breaking the whole thread so far???

And yes, COLORFUL TITLES DO HELP ATTRACT ATTENTION!
*LE apologizes to any eye damage and/or blindness caused by this marquee of color.*

Quote:
Oh yeah. You don't mess with grenades - anywhere near one and you're a dead man.

ATC, take that damn video off. That's just sick.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 20:34   Link #647
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

The fuse is five seconds. (For a cookoff, you count to three, throw, and duck your ass. Though you really want to avoid having to cookoff. Because some fuses run short.)

Five seconds sounds good, but I'd put a limitation on how many times the Grenade Shot can be fired before the mage begins to slow down a bit. (Tire out, wear out, etc.) Remember, unlike real weapons, magic explosive weapons take energy from the user. How long do you think you could keep going bare handedly ripping a washing machine apart?
Old 2008-06-01, 21:14   Link #648
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Five seconds sounds good, but I'd put a limitation on how many times the Grenade Shot can be fired before the mage begins to slow down a bit. (Tire out, wear out, etc.) Remember, unlike real weapons, magic explosive weapons take energy from the user. How long do you think you could keep going bare handedly ripping a washing machine apart?
Not quite the example I would've chosen for that, because mages routinely do stuff like blast people through walls with far less effort than it would take a normal person to rip a wall apart and chuck someone through it... but I get your point.

How about ten consecutive rounds (over a period of 50 seconds) before the mage starts feeling like he's been running in a marathon? Follow that by a cooldown period of a minute or two before he gets his wind back and repeats the cycle.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-01, 21:17   Link #649
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Not quite the example I would've chosen for that, because mages routinely do stuff like blast people through walls with far less effort than it would take a normal person to rip a wall apart and chuck someone through it... but I get your point.

How about ten consecutive rounds (over a period of 50 seconds) before the mage starts feeling like he's been running in a marathon? Follow that by a cooldown period of a minute or two before he gets his wind back and repeats the cycle.
That's good. In combat, a minute is a long time, so the decision to use a lot of those would have to be a carefully made one, so there won't be any excessive spamming.
Old 2008-06-01, 21:18   Link #650
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

....and can we please get some spoiler tags on that Yuuno pic so it stops cluttering up the thread? Nothing against the Yuuno shippers, but it's big enough to start being annoying when it shows up more than once or twice per page.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-01, 21:27   Link #651
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Just get a screen resolution of 1152 by 864. ^_^v
Old 2008-06-01, 22:14   Link #652
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
The fuse is five seconds. (For a cookoff, you count to three, throw, and duck your ass. Though you really want to avoid having to cookoff. Because some fuses run short.)

Depends do I get a crowbar? (TK once acutally DID have to rip a washing machine apart to get it out of basement that had been a remodeled thus shrinking the door too much for it to fit out the way it came in…)

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 22:52   Link #653
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Depends do I get a crowbar? (TK once acutally DID have to rip a washing machine apart to get it out of basement that had been a remodeled thus shrinking the door too much for it to fit out the way it came in…)
Have at it... let's see many washing machines you can completely dismantle in two minutes...

Ready...

GO!
Old 2008-06-01, 22:53   Link #654
Fenris Blacwell

Quote:
Sry about that; I just never expected a girl to be so... obsessed about angst.
Is that unusual? I figured it was normal, given the amount of rabid fangirls that like Sasuke, Cloud, Vincent, etc. Of course, I'm not a rabid fangirl, more of a sadistic stalker.
Fenris Blacwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 23:09   Link #655
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

After that response Fen, I feel like Kha after he brings Nanoha, Keroko, Fate and Hayate to the Sacred Primers' Device Range and discovers their blind love for firepower.

My utmost apologies.
Old 2008-06-01, 23:18   Link #656
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
....and can we please get some spoiler tags on that Yuuno pic so it stops cluttering up the thread? Nothing against the Yuuno shippers, but it's big enough to start being annoying when it shows up more than once or twice per page.
Now you understand why I don't check the OC threads much anymore.

Too much noise, not enough signal.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 23:20   Link #657
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Err... Nanoha HAS purple eyes! xD

But yeah... they all have slit pupils.
*Looks at vast collection of NanoFate*
No looks blue to me
Old 2008-06-01, 23:38   Link #658
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Now you understand why I don't check the OC threads much anymore.

Too much noise, not enough signal.
*Begins installing an High Power Amplifier and Upconverter assembly, as well as improving the waveguide assembly and the main antenna array.*
Old 2008-06-01, 23:47   Link #659
Fenris Blacwell

Quote:
After that response Fen, I feel like Kha after he brings Nanoha, Keroko, Fate and Hayate to the Sacred Primers' Device Range and discovers their blind love for firepower.

My utmost apologies.
Try to remember I'm new to the series.
Fenris Blacwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 23:49   Link #660
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

OC reference, Fenris. "Kha" is Kha's signature original character, and one of the better-known OCs in this thread, along with Keroko, best-known OC of the poster of the same name.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content