AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-02-16, 23:04   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan

Monkey Poo -.-

I been playing a game called Monkey Island 4 (better known as Escape from Monkey Island) for quite a while now, and right near the end of the game some thing very messed up happened to me. Let me give some back round information first; I am at a part in the game where I'm stranded on this island (monkey island), and I meet a guy on the island who loses his memory.

It is my job to help him regain his memory and then maby he can help me find a way out of the island. It also seems that when I hit him on his head with some thing (like a coconut) he regians some of his memory. So I learned I have to collect 2 more things to hit him with on his head for him to regain his memory completly. Well anyways the messed up thing that happened is that I didn't know that I had to hit him with the 2 other things I found in a specific way. It seems that if some one hits the guy in the wrong order with the wrong items he will lose him memory forever!!!

To sum it all up: The game Monkey Island 4, after playing it for so long, won't let me finish it becuase I hit the head of some guy with memory problems the wrong way. And now I'm stuck with a game that has locked me away from finishing it. If possible, has anyone had ever experienced this problem? Who the hell would make a game that won't let the player finish it?

..... -.-
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 23:08   Link #2
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

wow.... sucks to be you :P
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 23:09   Link #3
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
wow.... sucks to be you :P
Seriously, that is the biggest monkey poo I ever experienced -.-
Old 2004-02-16, 23:11   Link #4
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Happened to me too!!! I swear I hit him over the head a thousand times!!!

Good news!- It doesnt lock the game, I got it eventually

Bad news- I forgot how I did it
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 23:16   Link #5
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Happened to me too!!! I swear I hit him over the head a thousand times!!!

Good news!- It doesnt lock the game, I got it eventually

Bad news- I forgot how I did it
Seriously??!!! But how did you do it... Specially when all the FAQs from gamefaqs.com say the game will get locked if you do it the wrong way...
Old 2004-02-16, 23:26   Link #6
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

too bad you cant load saved games, that would be cool if you could do that.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 23:29   Link #7
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
too bad you cant load saved games, that would be cool if you could do that.
That's the problem every saved game I have is after I already hit the guy with the wrong things in the wrong order.
Old 2004-02-16, 23:36   Link #8
p3psi

Did you find a walk thru? there is a thing called a uhs (univerial hints system i belive) that allows you to only reveal the parts you want in a walkthrough.

This really makes me want to play all my lucas arts games again, espically sam and max!

I think i played part 4 on the ps2, but i had to take the game back (rental) before i could finish it
Old 2004-02-16, 23:42   Link #9
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Did you find a walk thru? there is a thing called a uhs (univerial hints system i belive) that allows you to only reveal the parts you want in a walkthrough.

This really makes me want to play all my lucas arts games again, espically sam and max!

I think i played part 4 on the ps2, but i had to take the game back (rental) before i could finish it
Yah, I found this page that has many walkthroughs, and here is a qoute from the text of the 4th walkthrough from the top which basically says im screwed:

Throw the coconut, milk bottle and finally the
accordion at him (IN THAT ORDER). You might have to talk to him a bit in-
between each item. In case anyone else has done this, if you throw any other
items other than those three at him, you have screwed up your game and Herman
looses his memory completely. Hope you've saved it!

Edit: Fixed link.
Old 2004-02-16, 23:50   Link #10
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
He doesnt lose his memory completely! Dont lose hope..that FAQ is just trying to bring ya down!!

Have you maybe..gone on the lava ride or played with the rocks since you hit him the wrong way? Maybe you need to do something else to...I dunno what Im talking about

Its been a while since I played it but that "You might have to talk to him a bit in-between each item" sounds veeery familiar. Either I thought this was my problem or it was my problem. Talk to him as much as you can
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 23:55   Link #11
p3psi

wait a min, is this the game with the roller coster/ fun house ride at the end? or was that part 3?
Old 2004-02-16, 23:59   Link #12
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
wait a min, is this the game with the roller coster/ fun house ride at the end? or was that part 3?

No rollercoaster here.
Old 2004-02-17, 01:00   Link #13
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

p3psi - Actually, that was in 2, 3, AND 4. In the second game, it was really more of a part of the really weird twist ending it had. In the 3rd one, it was part of the story (the LeChuck amusement park), but the 4th one had the log ride through the lava.

wnkryo, I could swear that I did the same thing as you but I KNOW that I fixed it somehow. Just be glad you're doing this and not... Monkey Kombat!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 12:54   Link #14
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

AHHH YAY!! i remember this game i loved it! All the monkey island games are kool (although i only played 2 or 3 of them) oooo i know what part you mean but i cant seem to remember what to do! Have you done the part where there is lava or summin, i can only remember it vaguely sorry!
Quote:
Monkey Kombat!
ahh god! that took ages to get the hang of!

Is it at the end of this one where you:
Spoiler:
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 20:31   Link #15
wnkryo
HainShodan

Muahahahahh!!! I have Finally uncovered the mystery of my problem!!! After hours of research of many faqs and offical faqs, none of them mentioned or solved the problem that I (and alot more people out there also) have come accross.

Here is the problem and how to solve it:

Problem
- Your on Monkey Island and you are trying to hit Herman with all 3 of the items that is required for him to gian his memory back. But for some reason, even when you hit him with all the correct items in the correct order, he still doens't recollect any thing, and says things like who? what? every time you hit him.

Solution
- After messing around and experimenting things I have come accross the solution. You have to hit Herman 3 times with the coconut, no more no less, and he will resay what he said the first time you hit him with the coconut. After that you have to talk to him about every thing untill he mentions a milk bottle. Then hit him with the milk bottle, he will recollect more, and after that talk to him until he remembers some thing about an acordian. Finnaly, hit him with the accordian, and you will have successfully gained his memory back!