AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 53.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-25, 21:27   Link #21
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

10/10 episode is inevitable when Yoshino takes the spotlight. Massive amounts of yuri subtext helps too. I'd kill for a Marimite spin-off with Yoshino as a main character.

Old 2009-01-25, 21:54   Link #22
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

A very satisfying episode to watch. ^^

It was better than how I visualized it from reading the translated chapters from the novels. Like how Nana Arima's selection was foreshadowed twice, first at the beginning when Rei talks about Tanaka's two younger sisters and secondly when the previous Roses played a 'frightful game' of guessing, as Yumi put it.

10/10
Old 2009-01-25, 23:08   Link #23
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ah... another fun episode. I really like how they depicted Yoshino's effort in trying to get a petit soeur during the tea party, maybe partly fueled by Yumi's popularity. And it was surprising that Yoshino got a petit soeur before Yumi (well, not yet but...). I hope Yumi gets a petit soeur soon. I can't imagine her being other than either Touko or Kanako, however.
Old 2009-01-26, 02:58   Link #24
Stahlwolf
Doujinshi Traffiker

Location: The Drought-ridden Atlanta fending off water pirates
Send a message via AIM to Stahlwolf
Hmmm~

Spoiler for ep. 4 comments:

All-n-all, this was a very good episode. It cheered me up from my headache.
But, as with most of them, it needs a little more Rosa Camera.

-Go. Go. Yoshino!
Old 2009-01-26, 03:22   Link #25
jinstevens

Spoiler for Thoughts about funny things Yoshino does:
Old 2009-01-26, 07:20   Link #26
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlwolf View Post
Spoiler for ????:
Oh, I forgot about this.

If you're looking for the story where
Spoiler for the continuation of this sentence:

I doubt you'll see it in the anime in anything other than perhaps a flashback. Instead, it's told in an audio drama included in the Marimite Special CD released last Christmas. I actually listened to it for the first time right after I watched this episode. I've never read the story in its original form, but at 40 minutes in length I imagine this drama covers it quite nicely. I enjoyed it, anyway.
Old 2009-01-26, 09:25   Link #27
Neku
yare yare..

Great episode.

Sachiko's expression: priceless.
Eriko&Toshino: MM!
Old 2009-01-26, 10:03   Link #28
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This was a very satisfying episode and as usual Yumi is just adorable with her numerous funny faces. So as i thought neither Yumi nor Yoshino would find a souer at the the tear party but we had an opportunity to see just how damn popular Yumi really is. Even though Yoshino didnt find her at the tear party the random encounter during the Kendo tournament yielded interesting result.

If it were not for Eriko's persistence which lead to Yoshino' great escape she would not have met Nana and made a great impression on her just from the look. Yoshino declaring if she has not found a souer by her third year she would acknowledge Nana, however this remains to be seen.. Yumi on the other had as finally starting think seriously about what kind of souer she wants which i believe is what Sachiko wanted not for her to rush out and find one but for her to at least think about it seriously. Partying scene with Sachiko and Yumi arm and arm was beautiful against the setting sun.

Yoshino was a real treat this time around as her antics and panicked "Im screwed" face made the episode more than worth it. If you think back to why Eriko chose Rei who chose Yoshino who ran into Nana who looks similar to Eriko its actually quite funny there is a pattern.

Ok so after 4 episode the OP has really grown on me I really liked it now not like i hated it before but im actually singing a long a bit to it lol.

btw the ending shot in the OP is very interesting i believe they wanted to show the future. Notice how none of the current Roses except for Shimako is at the end Eventually the three Roses will be Yoshino, Yumi and Shimako i think this is reflected in that shot.
Old 2009-01-26, 14:50   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Yoshino was a real treat this time around as her antics and panicked "Im screwed" face made the episode more than worth it. If you think back to why Eriko chose Rei who chose Yoshino who ran into Nana who looks similar to Eriko its actually quite funny there is a pattern.
I don't see it. If anything, Yoshino and Nana's meeting was more like Sachiko and Yumi's second encounter. Desperate need for a sister and collision.

Eriko chose Rei on her whim for her unusual height and boyish looks, Rei choose Yoshino because they were always together anyway since childhood. Where's the pattern?
Old 2009-01-26, 18:08   Link #30
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

btw the ending shot in the OP is very interesting i believe they wanted to show the future. Notice how none of the current Roses except for Shimako is at the end Eventually the three Roses will be Yoshino, Yumi and Shimako i think this is reflected in that shot.
I think so too. Though Yumi being the middle, does that mean she possess the highest rank? Or something of being the median / the judge, Shimako being too positive and Yoshino sometimes too negative. Maybe it's just my opinion.

I do know that the roses have equal power in Yamayurikai, but if you rank them. I do think Yumi possess the aura being president and Shimako vice-president, last Yoshino as Secretary/Treasurer.
Old 2009-01-26, 18:25   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Shimako has seniority and most certainly won't lose to Yumi when it comes to dignity.

But she's probably too reserved to be a leader.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:07   Link #32
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
this is exactly why yoshino is ma fav character ^_^ she's so full of win
Old 2009-01-26, 19:25   Link #33
Molenir

Quote:
Shimako has seniority and most certainly won't lose to Yumi when it comes to dignity.

But she's probably too reserved to be a leader.
While the roses are all equal, I agree with this statement. Though they all bring things to the table, Yumi is the natural leader among them.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:27   Link #34
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't see it. If anything, Yoshino and Nana's meeting was more like Sachiko and Yumi's second encounter. Desperate need for a sister and collision.

Eriko chose Rei on her whim for her unusual height and boyish looks, Rei choose Yoshino because they were always together anyway since childhood. Where's the pattern?
Pattern is probably the wrong word more like funny antic leads to either a souer paring or a chance meeting. Eriko is eccentric in almost everyway possible and her choice in Sei reflects her personality. Because of Yoshino's stubbornness and Eriko's love for teasing others and there little sparing matchs Yoshino met Nana who Eriko had picked out the crowed earlier leading to more antics. Whenever Eriko, Yoshino and Sei are involved funny situations always arise thats more what i meant by pattern.

Its kind of like what Sei said Yoshino earlier let me enjoy competing over you with your younger sister.
Old 2009-01-26, 21:02   Link #35
BakaRanger

I don't get why so many people loved this episode other then the fact that it is Marimite. Sure it covered some events that we all really wanted to see, but I found the episode too compressed. I'd would have preferred they split this episode into 2.

What was the point of including Shouko at all in the tea party since they didn't even bother with exploring any of the side plot that involves her? It would be one thing if they were going to do something similar like season 1 and the Valentines Chocolate where they showed the same events in a different episode from the perspective of the fan girl character. But considering how fast this season is going, I don't see that happening.

In fact, my main complaint with this seaon is that it is moving much faster then the 1st two seaons which were already fast pace compared to the books. They should just slow down and double the number of episodes and let us savor things more.
Old 2009-01-26, 22:34   Link #36
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
They should just slow down and double the number of episodes and let us savor things more.
I hear Studio Deen was accepting money donations to help paying production costs if you are interested.
Old 2009-01-26, 23:56   Link #37
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaRanger View Post
I don't get why so many people loved this episode other then the fact that it is Marimite.
Yoshino is my favorite character so I can't help but love it.
Old 2009-01-27, 00:01   Link #38
Oxtail

I liked the Shouko side story in the novels, but I understand why they cut it out to save time in the anime. I agree, though, that if they're going to cut it out, why even spend time introducing her in the first place? And they WAY they cut it made Shouko look much worse than the books. She came off kinda bad in the anime the way they framed it.

The line where she says "I want to be in those pictures" makes no sense if you don't know the back story and just makes Shouko sound narcissistic.

edit: Overall, I thought it was a great episode because Yoshino was so cute. But they really should have cut out the Shouko part and maybe spent a little time explaining that Lillian lost because even though Rei won her match, the other school won more matches overall.

Last edited by Oxtail; 2009-01-27 at 00:12.
Old 2009-01-27, 09:43   Link #39
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

?? Wasn't that obvious from looking at the charts though? Or by keeping count of who won and lost in each round.
Old 2009-01-27, 12:28   Link #40
Sousa

I really like this episode. Alot of funny moments.
Eriko and Yoshino interaction is really interesting.
Nana seems like Eriko(face) + Noriko(personality) to me.
And I'm wondering why is she asking whether Yoshino's seour will get the rosary. She seems to like the rosary a lot though.
Closed Thread