AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-08-08, 01:14   Link #5641
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Well, I for one do understand the Benzema hype, for two reasons, reason number one being that any Arsenal fan worth his salt has to cling to every little glimpse of hope available, and second because Benzema actually is a fantastic player, if you actually bother to look up the numbers, you'll find that Benzema's worst season at Madrid (this one, that was so "bad" people are calling for him to be sold), and Alexis' best season of his career (this one, where media hailed him as Arsenal and Wenger's personal Jesus) are pretty much equal, with 26 goals and 15 assists and 28 goals and 14 assists respectively.. And Benzema scored his goals in only 151 shots, while it took Alexis 217 to score his...
Old 2015-08-08, 05:10   Link #5642
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I also want to see Man Utd crash and burn. Getting real sick of the media hype for the Gaalacticos. Arsenal got 3rd/4th place for years in a prolonged, interrupted rebuilding through the stadium phase; the media throws shit at Wenger. Louis Van Philosophy throws in 200 million Euros for fourth place, and suddenly it's all successfully within expectations. No. Fuck you, English media.
Do you have any idea that Old Trafford had to go through knocking down the old terraces on the Stretford End in the early 1990s, then knock down and expand the North Stand in 1995 ahead of Euro 96, then second tiers of seats were added to the West and East stands, and finally the quadrants were developed in 2005-06? If you think those redevelopments didn't cost too much money, then you are more deluded and silly than anyone else. United also had to keep money aside for the big renovation works, but that never stopped the club from staying at the top and buying when it was needed during that time. When Bayern built the Allianz Arena, that didn't create any wage cuts and forced sales of their best players.

United fans also accused Sir Alex of being too tight with money in the last few years and he made his share of mistakes because of it; that's why the current administration has to pay loads of cash to make for the gaping holes SAF left us with. So why don't you call out Wenger for being tight as well despite the massive matchday revenues generated at the Emirates?

For the record, only Di Maria can be regarded as someone that was way overpaid and overrated in today's market... not too different from Özil's case. Anyway, good riddance to the Argentine pussy and thanks for the £45M, PSG! Falcao was only on loan, so nothing to complain about bar his poor performances for someone who wants to revive his career. The others have shown plenty of promising things at various moments while being committed to the team's cause. The players from this summer have been bought with reasonable fees when one is considering the current transfer market.

The bitterness in your comment is over the top. Don't think for a second that the hatred against Arsenal has completely disappeared among United supporters. I can also be a dick, and I would have one hell of a guilty pleasure re-opening my bag and throw out all the insults I ditched at Arsenal at the peak of the rivalry it things boil down to this here.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2015-08-10 at 21:47.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 11:15   Link #5643
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Something never changes...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 02:24   Link #5644
itisjustme

To be fair Di Maria was about the only world class offensive player Utd had, maybe outside Mata on a good day... please don't tell me you're relying on Rooney up front this season.

What happened to Barca vs Bilbao though, did Bilbao come back earlier for CL/UEFA qualifs or what?
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 15:43   Link #5645
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
To be fair Di Maria was about the only world class offensive player Utd had, maybe outside Mata on a good day... please don't tell me you're relying on Rooney up front this season.

What happened to Barca vs Bilbao though, did Bilbao come back earlier for CL/UEFA qualifs or what?
Di Maria is the kind of player who hid himself behind a few stats, but never showed the bravery required to face adversity and to play within a true concept of team play. This guy wanted to go to PSG and that never changed. If he wants to waste his talent in a lower league, that's his problem.

I know he's still a project, but Memphis shows plenty of promise and will score his share of goals, and I strongly believe Pedro will also add his good share like Sanchez did at Arsenal. However, I agree with you that Rooney is walking on a tight rope after the last 2 seasons.

Bilbao... They exploited Barcelona's defensive weaknesses perfectly from what I have seen. They really manhandled Barcelona like men playing with children.

Anyone reading about the whole saga with Chelsea's doctor Eva Carneiro and the fallout with Mourinho? Some of the stuff written about her by the British tabloids is just disgusting, especially since she still remains one of the best in the domain of sports medicine. Meanwhile, Chelsea got battered 3-0 by City today.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2015-08-16 at 20:13.
Old 2015-08-16, 18:08   Link #5646
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

That whole doctor ordeal was blown out of proportion because she's a woman, and because he's Mourinho, whom tabloids love to write about (especially the spanish ones, they have a constant hate bonner on Mourinho).. I mean, we all know that he would have treated a male doctor equally shitty , but people love to make everything about sexism and shit
Old 2015-08-17, 02:13   Link #5647
itisjustme

I've seen a picture of the dr in her undies looking like a lingerie model posing, is that even the same woman? :P

Edit: whoops forgot the link, that's the pic I'm talking about

Last edited by itisjustme; 2015-08-17 at 05:15.
Old 2015-08-17, 19:47   Link #5648
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

bournemouth robbed

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 21:47   Link #5649
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Heard that Liverpool actually got 2 points for every shot on target they had so far this season (didn't actually check that fact yet through)...
Old 2015-08-19, 23:24   Link #5650
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Chelsea came in for Pedro at the very same time United suddenly dropped interest about signing in. I really don't know what to believe anymore since it appeared almost so blatant that he would sign with the Red Devils; I wish I know what Van Gaal thought about the player based on whatever info might be available. Furthermore, I wonder what Pedro is thinking by choosing Chelsea among the suitors if he wanted more minutes on the pitch. Considering how Mourinho rather likes players in the mold of Willian, and sets up his team to defend and counter, I'm not sure Pedro will do well there.

Although the season start has been solid in the circumstances for United, I still feel that we need to add one more player to have a front 4 that can strike from all angles.
Old 2015-08-20, 13:11   Link #5651
itisjustme

Pedro is a team player and hardworking, and like all Barca player a good actor. Would be the perfect Mourinho player if he were stronger.

Why would Utd "drop interest" though, like what they prefer Sadio Mané instead? They just lost the bid. They need a real winger on the right instead of playing Mata or Januzaj there. And this way they can move Mata back to 10/behind striker. A winger that can score goals preferably. I don't see many of those available though... Maybe a huge bid on Debruyne.
Old 2015-08-20, 15:33   Link #5652
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

There are some who say it was a signing made by Roman Abramovich although people from Chelsea FC were quite not convinced about the necessity to sign him earlier in the summer. If that's the case, I can see it end badly for Mourinho like it happened after the Shevchenko saga. Furthermore, there's also a strange impression that the signing of Pedro reeks panic at Chelsea after the 3-0 hammering they took against City; I know what I'm talking about since there was a similar feeling at United last year before the likes of Di Maria and Falcao arrived.
Old 2015-08-20, 20:49   Link #5653
ChampDream
Alive

I heard that the reason that Pedro went to Chelsea is because De Gea and Valdes told him not to come, since there a bad enviroment in the team because of Van Gal or something like that.
Old 2015-08-20, 22:48   Link #5654
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
I heard that the reason that Pedro went to Chelsea is because De Gea and Valdes told him not to come, since there a bad enviroment in the team because of Van Gal or something like that.
That would be something ridiculous if any. I can already say that Chelsea has that bad environment these days, and Mourinho usually gets to that point on the 3rd or 4th season with a same team. If Pedro thinks Van Gaal might be too direct, then he should have thought again when it comes to Mourinho.
Old 2015-08-21, 06:43   Link #5655
itisjustme

What's up with Arsenal also, they want to recruit the likes of Cavani or Benzema for under 35M? -_-
Old 2015-08-22, 16:52   Link #5656
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that's how arsenal works. i don't think cavani is worth that much though. benzema probably is worth that much, seeing as there are no world class strikers on the market. but real don't even have a second option at CF, unless they plan to put ronaldo there.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-08-22, 21:31   Link #5657
itisjustme

What they paid more than 40 for effing Ozil, now they're not ready to fork out more than 35 for the most important position on the pitch? Just look at the prices of Benteke Firmio or Sterling, Cavani scored 30+ on the wing when it's not even his position and IIRC PSG rejected 60M from Utd for him, now he's not worth 35? It's not like there's an epidemy of top tier goalscorers going around. -_- Relying on lucky steals like Sanchez isn't going to win the league, or they could stay with Giroud and fight for 3rd/4th like always.
Old 2015-08-22, 23:19   Link #5658
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Ozil was a panic buy. i think everyone knows that. we needed a big signing and he was who we got. i honestly think benzema will be a side grade to giroud. they're vastly different players, and we'd have to change our approach to how we play. what giroud offers outside of scoring goals is incredible (his scoring record isn't terrible either). his hold up play, allowing our faster wingers to make runs, is what makes us tick. when we try an all speed approach to our front line, like we do when walcott plays center forward, we are clearly missing something. there's no link up. there's a disconnect between moving the ball from the midfield to the forwards. walcott is better on the wings anyways. he needs to realize that sooner.

also, about them liverpool players: benteke won't lead liverpool back to glory. he's overpriced because he moved from inside the league. Firmiho or whatever his name is also won't set the league on fire. delicate and technical player from brazil with a slight frame? i can already tell you how this one will go. he was priced that way because rodgers overpays for mediocrity. lets not even talk about sterling. city paid for his potential. not his current ability as a player. the guy had one standout season playing next to arguably the third or forth best player in the world.

Old 2015-08-29, 11:09   Link #5659
abc0716

Liverpool & Chelsea lost their home game earlier on, lol...

Even Premier League is not the best football league in Europe (in terms of team strength), but it is the most unpredictable one indeed...

Meanwhile, this matchday has lot of red cards...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 15:12   Link #5660
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

not even this match day. this season has had a lot more red cards.

Tags
football, soccer