Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 07:03   Link #101
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
But what I'm saying in my post is that when they played, the miracles in their 2nd year of middle school haven't awakened their potential yet (except Aomine), but still defeated Kiyoshi's team 148 - 51. It's a difference of 97 points, which I consider to be too big since at that time they were above-average to elite players, with Aomine towering over everyone else.
I saw something along the lines of 40+ - 81 in the semi-final of the tournament while the miracles were in their second year. Which would imply that the match with Kiyoshi's team happened even before the tournament (look at the colour of their shirts, for example). And right from the time Aomine awakened he had had no problems whatsoever with winning by margins of almost 100 while playing with a second-string team. The match in question could be a friendly match with Aomine and Murasakibara as among the first-stringers to help guarantee victory.

As I said before even before the rest of the GOM awakened they already overshadowed the UGs, which implied that they were still much stronger than the UGs prior to their awakening. So a one-sided match involving Aomine is still possible.

On a side note, in case anyone didn't catch what I posted earlier, all talk of Akashi intentionally sabotaging Kuroko's growth has been thrown out the window; chapter 222 implied that any sabotage was actually unintentional on Akashi's part. Refer to earlier posts as to why I say so.

Anyone think Seirin will upset Rakuzan in the final? And if so, how? Will Kuroko gain something similar to the skills Akashi has? Since both of them have good basketball instincts and good reflexes and all.

I'll cover the (un)realism of KnB's basketball in a later post.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-07-22 at 07:16.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 20:43   Link #102
Kon the Magnificent

Kuroko has those dead eyes. Things aren't looking good. Momoi crying at the realization of how different things really are was sad. Making her cry was not cool. Oh. And Kagami appears. I knew the two had to have crossed paths at least once during their middle school days.

Things seemed dead so I thought I bring it back to life
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 21:25   Link #103
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

for anyone who is interested Gintama made a parody of Kuroko no Basket,(in the manga) and it was ssoooo daaamn funny
Old 2013-07-25, 21:41   Link #104
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
for anyone who is interested Gintama made a parody of Kuroko no Basket,(in the manga) and it was ssoooo daaamn funny
Is it the latest chapter? I only watch Gintama anime, but for this, I will read

Meh, knowing the author will want to keep his Fujoshi fans, there's no chance Momoi will hook up with Kuroko.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 21:43   Link #105
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
Kuroko has those dead eyes. Things aren't looking good. Momoi crying at the realization of how different things really are was sad. Making her cry was not cool. Oh. And Kagami appears. I knew the two had to have crossed paths at least once during their middle school days.

Things seemed dead so I thought I bring it back to life
I thought Kagami returned from America only during the first year of high school? Or did I remember wrong?

(EDIT: Yeah, I did remember wrongly.)

Also I don't fault him for saying he forgot what she had said since I also forgot. :X What did she say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Meh, knowing the author will want to keep his Fujoshi fans, there's no chance Momoi will hook up with Kuroko.
There's no place for actual romance in this manga anyway.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-07-25 at 21:54.
Old 2013-07-26, 03:18   Link #106
midnightlostchild

in this chapter, did they seriously win 1510:12? or it just 151:12 (if this is the case, can someone tell me what the 0 between is about?)
midnightlostchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 04:14   Link #107
Awrya
U mad?

There're not enough time to score 1510 points in 40 minutes.
It's supposed to be 151 - 12, the 0 shows the quarter number 1, 2, 3 or 4, the 0 shows the game is over.
The author tried to give the 0 a slightly different colour.
Old 2013-08-01, 07:52   Link #108
iamadooddood
NOM.

New chapter.

Now the GOM are competing with one another to see who can score the most. Why couldn't they give themselves a self-imposed challlenge to see whether they could pull off shutout wins...

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-08-07, 08:21   Link #109
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Just when you think people isn't calling this series anymore of a rehash of Slam Dunk, the author pulls an elbow to the face. It's like the author WANTS someone to mail him a letter bomb.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 12:00   Link #110
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Just when you think people isn't calling this series anymore of a rehash of Slam Dunk, the author pulls an elbow to the face. It's like the author WANTS someone to mail him a letter bomb.
What happened? All I know that's happened this chapter is for Kuroko's team to breeze through the way to the final (his friend's team barely made it with a buzzer beater). In the semis Kuroko went against those twins from last year. The key players were rested and yet Teiko still breezed through. Frustrated, one of the twins injures Kuroko. Then Kuroko's friend goes to visit him, and encounters Akashi.

... Nope, nothing to convince me that there's anything that warrants another letter bomb. And even if this series is a rehash of Slam Dunk, it still doesn't warrant a letter bomb.

Old 2013-08-20, 11:49   Link #111
iamadooddood
NOM.

Bump.

Really sux that WSJ is taking a one week break. Can't even talk much about KnB. Oh well.

I'm speculating that Rakuzan's unnamed power forward is Ogiwara, Kuroko's friend who taught him basketball. Any thoughts on this?

Also, the wikia doesn't regard Kuroko to be a member of the Generation of Miracles. The manga is also giving somewhat mixed signals... Has anyone asked the mangaka whether he is or not?

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-08-20 at 12:02.
Old 2013-08-20, 12:35   Link #112
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I'm speculating that Rakuzan's unnamed power forward is Ogiwara, Kuroko's friend who taught him basketball. Any thoughts on this?

Also, the wikia doesn't regard Kuroko to be a member of the Generation of Miracles. The manga is also giving somewhat mixed signals...
Kuroko said in 204 that Ogiwara quit basketball, unless he had a change of heart and started using hair colouring products. Even so, I think Kuroko would have recognized him during the Rakuzan vs Shūtoku game and would call out to him.

Generation of Miracles members are the best in their respective positions and are the type of players you'd build your team around. Each also has absolute talent and can dominate their opponents on both defence and offence, which you can't say about Kuroko.

Rakuzan's coach has the same surname as the (former) head coach in Teikou, Shirogane, the one in Rakuzan is probably the younger brother. The older taught the strongest middle school team, the younger the strongest high school team. Looks like it runs in the family.
Old 2013-08-20, 16:47   Link #113
ImperialFlameGod8190

about kuroku they said at the beginning that he was the 6th shadow member. So he is a member of the Generation of Miracles and is simply just not the starting 5.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 22:12   Link #114
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Kuroko said in 204 that Ogiwara quit basketball, unless he had a change of heart and started using hair colouring products. Even so, I think Kuroko would have recognized him during the Rakuzan vs Shūtoku game and would call out to him.

Generation of Miracles members are the best in their respective positions and are the type of players you'd build your team around. Each also has absolute talent and can dominate their opponents on both defence and offence, which you can't say about Kuroko.
Then Nijimura? (Actually Akashi telling whoever it was to disguise himself so Kuroko won't recognise him is very much plausible. Also dyeing of hair has already occurred at least twice in the series, and it would serve as a nice plot twist.) Either way I get a very strong feeling that Rakuzan's power forward is very important to the plot. I just hope he isn't a red herring.

Because hardly anyone outside of the main 5 even know about Kuroko, much less bother whether he counts as one of the Miracles, so that's how they usually generalise the Miracles. Also his playing style is completely unique so it can't be classified as easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
about kuroku they said at the beginning that he was the 6th shadow member. So he is a member of the Generation of Miracles and is simply just not the starting 5.
Well I do remember that Kuroko was supposed to get an interview like the rest but he was forgotten. The manga itself flip flops on the topic. Maybe the only confirmation we can get is from the mangaka.

Old 2013-08-21, 04:34   Link #115
Aesthetic Shampoo

I don't think that wiki is official, so i wouldn't worry too much about it.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 10:17   Link #116
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
I don't think that wiki is official, so i wouldn't worry too much about it.
That wiki isn't the only place where you find people claiming that Kuroko isn't a member of the Generation of Miracles. In fact, the majority of people who claim so outside of the wiki quote from the wiki itself.

Old 2013-08-21, 12:25   Link #117
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Wow I gotta hand it to the author for the last part of the chapter, that was superb dick move by the Generation of Miracles.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 22:14   Link #118
iamadooddood
NOM.

That was some really warped final. No wonder he hated basketball at that time.

I'm starting to look forward to the Seirin-Rakuzan final.

Old 2013-08-23, 01:15   Link #119
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Oh wow, just when I thought Teikou couldn't do anything more disrespectful, they go and do something like this...

Spoiler:

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 04:39   Link #120
Kon the Magnificent

Damn Kuroko you made the feels this chapter too strong!

I don't know what else to say other than damn. The generation of miracles are a bunch of spirit crushing asses. Next chapter should be a real treat
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, comedy