AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-10, 17:36   Link #121
itisjustme

Inaho as OP as ever, glad to see him back and kicking ass so fast. I'm liking this new Slaine a lot more tbh, the wishy washy beaten up victim was overdone in S1, I almost admire his new determination and resourfulness, although I'm sure it's going to crumble as the season goes as we know he's a fragile and obsessional guy.
Old 2015-01-10, 17:39   Link #122
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't care about how those two survived? And more concerned by the fact Slaine was shown as a good shot, during that brief space battle? Yet this is the same guy who couldn't kill two bloody people, one at reasonable range and one who couldn't get any closer without giving you a kiss on the lips.

God dammit Slaine, your shooting skills have a mind on its own.
In his defense Sazzabum did say when Slaine got back that his skills improved and it has been 19 months....

Quote:
Lol called it as others did. Now those anti Inaho can burn...

Wait, Slaine what the hell you doing?
I haven't read all the posts but does anyone have any idea what he's trying to achieve?

I mean...what is his objective? Asseyum doesn't want war with Earth and Slaine knows that for a fact since he saw the broadcast and Saazabum told him that it would never reach Mars....

And now it's like what????? Is he in it just so she can be kept alive for whatever purposes?
Old 2015-01-10, 17:48   Link #123
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Exactly.

I still can't understand all these people who keep thinking that Slaine is "jealous" of Inaho, especially since he's never really been romanically in love with Asseylum. He worships her as a person, yes. But he's never been shown to be in love with her. This whole thing about "jealousy" and "NTR" was just something that other people came up with as some sort of reason that he shot Inaho. Rather than simply remembering that the two were enemies on two seperate sides and that Slaine believed that Inaho was using Asseylum for his own gain.

Slaine did not "kidnap" Asseylum, anymore than EMTs "kidnap" a person who is found mortally injured to take them to the hospital. He took her to where he knew she could get medical attention. Obviously, it was't fast enough since she slipped into a coma and has not awoken since. She looks to be in a futuristic stasis tank and is on life support.

It's not like he made her into a doll in a snowglobe. She's in that thing to stay alive. If you want to blame anyone for her condition, blame Saazbaum.
For 19 months, his every waking moment has been a betrayal of who she was. He saved her would-be killer, resulting in her getting shot. He's complicit in a plot to usurp her identity and manipulate the Martians into resuming hostilities with Earth.

So, no, I don't know what his motivations are. He's never made much sense to me. But don't tell me he's doing it for her.
Old 2015-01-10, 17:50   Link #124
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
I haven't read all the posts but does anyone have any idea what he's trying to achieve?

I mean...what is his objective? Asseyum doesn't want war with Earth and Slaine knows that for a fact since he saw the broadcast and Saazabum told him that it would never reach Mars....

And now it's like what????? Is he in it just so she can be kept alive for whatever purposes?
It's possible that, whereas Asseylum assumes both sides are actually good and that they can find a way to coexist, Slaine (with Saazbaum's influence) may be working under the assumption that both sides are bad and sacrificing both sides in a war is not an issue to achieve his goal of peace (or any other goal he may have) after the bad parts on both sides are destroyed.

Or he may actually be fully committed to Mars and thinks of the Terrans as enemies.
Old 2015-01-10, 17:51   Link #125
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
For 19 months, his every waking moment has been a betrayal of who she was. He saved her would-be killer, resulting in her getting shot. He's complicit in a plot to usurp her identity and manipulate the Martians into resuming hostilities with Earth.

So, no, I don't know what his motivations are. He's never made much sense to me. But don't tell me he's doing it for her.
He's doing it to keep her for himself. If/when she wakes up he can tell her whatever he wants since she's been out of it so long.

"Earth attacked us, swear to God."

Having the whole would-be killer around is definitely an obstacle though, but maybe they think she'll never wake up.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:02   Link #126
John117xCortana

I can't wait to see Slaine's and Saazbum's reactions when they see that Orange is back. It's gonna be so satisfying. They can't even kill a 15/16 year old teenager who is so far worth 3 Martian Knights.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:03   Link #127
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I can't wait to see Slaine's and Saazbum's reactions when they see that Orange is back. It's gonna be so satisfying. They can't even kill a 15/16 year old teenager who is so far worth 3 Martian Knights.
To be fair, if I shot someone in the head I'd feel pretty sure the deed was done.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:04   Link #128
Jerseykid

I want Inaho to have slaine in his gun sights this time
Old 2015-01-10, 18:10   Link #129
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Ah, Slayne. Going off the deep end, I see. Because everyone knows what a woman really wants is a crazy-obsessive fixation fantasy.

It'll be interesting to see the explanation for the activation factor spreading. If it's really as easy as it appears to be, then the royal family has been playing a heck of a shell game all those years.

Even taking into account that it's a work of fiction, it's still a bit mind boggling that an invasion force that drops from orbit, powered by technology on orders of magnitude ahead of Earth's, hasn't managed to largely wipe out major resistance. Though, it appears to have been implied by the Count that Earth is stealing technology from the surrendered orbital castles.
Also, cake.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:12   Link #130
Zoks

Yeesh, what's with the Slaine hate? He did the one thing necessary to save her life. Yes, he screwed up before that but in that moment saving her by making a deal with Saazbaum was the best option. Is he a traitor to the princess? Sort of, but he agrees with Saazbaum's vision and is following that, whereas the princess's old vision (the only one he knew of) was completely naive. He just forced Saazbaum to keep the princess alive, while fighting for his vision. That said, he is creepy with how he talks with the princess in the end.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:15   Link #131
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Even taking into account that it's a work of fiction, it's still a bit mind boggling that an invasion force that drops from orbit, powered by technology on orders of magnitude ahead of Earth's, hasn't managed to largely wipe out major resistance. Though, it appears to have been implied by the Count that Earth is stealing technology from the surrendered orbital castles.
Doesn't matter though.

The Aldnoah drive is the key to all of that technology.

They can make the weapons and equipment but unless they have that Aldnoah drive they are pretty much useless.

Unless of course since now that Inaho can power an Aldnoah drive the UEF might have a chance...
Old 2015-01-10, 18:22   Link #132
Zoks

Nineteen months is nothing when it comes to war, especially when you consider the limitations the Martians have regarding their own population.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:27   Link #133
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
To be fair, if I shot someone in the head I'd feel pretty sure the deed was done.
Thats what the Taliban thought too when they shot Malala in the head.

I don't think Saazbum forgot the curbstomp he got from Orange.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:29   Link #134
renuac

It's nice to see AZ back and as entertaining as ever. Kudos to them for that reversal regarding who was dead and who wasn't: after all the ambiguity surrounding Inaho's survival and the apparently unambiguous promo image of Asseylum being alive, within the first few scenes of the episode we're left wondering about Asseylum's fate while Inaho is definitely alive and kicking. Well played.

It's embarassing how much I felt like cheering when Inaho re-appeared. That entire scene, complete with the music, was ridiculously corny and utterly glorious. I kind of wish they hadn't gone into so much detail about his injury though, since it actually makes his survival (and lack of brain damage) seem so much less plausible. Maybe there really is something in the theory that Aldnoah makes you harder to kill. Although I suspect they only did it to give him a cool new cybernetic eye.

It was nice to see the Earth cast again and to see Rayet so well-integrated, but now we need Yuki, Marito and Dr. Yagarai back. I loved Yuki in that flashback; acting as the cool-headed and efficient officer when there was still hope of saving Inaho then breaking down when that hope was lost, only for her tears to probably be what saved her brother's life after all. Theirs really is one of the most well-developed relationship in this series.

Slaine... Well, I'm waiting to see where he is going with this. Still, I liked that he blackmailed Saazbaum into saving Asseylum. I wonder if he's managed to gain Saazbaum's trust though. I'm also curious as to how sincere Eddelrittuo's apparent loyalty to Lemrina is. (Also "Envers" is a great name for Asseylum's secret double and a possibly illegitemate child.)
Old 2015-01-10, 18:37   Link #135
cyth
Banned

Quote:
She just in stasis. It's not like he made her to be that way. And we have to find out why he's using Lemuria to change Asseylum's image. There's several more logical reasons that he's doing this, especially if this is all part of some ulterior plan I think he has.
Not that his ulterior plan, even if he has one, will ever make sense for his character that we knew of from season one. The story is already broken beyond belief, so whatever they say in the end won't matter to me anyway.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:43   Link #136
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Not that his ulterior plan, even if he has one, will ever make sense for his character that we knew of from season one. The story is already broken beyond belief, so whatever they say in the end won't matter to me anyway.
What do you mean? His character is Season 1 was a puppy completely loyal to Asseylum, until Saazbaum enlightened him with the reality of their political situation. He agrees with Saazbaum's ideology, he just doesn't believe that Asseylum needs to die in Saazbaum's grand plan. What we are seeing here is the results of his decision to side with Saazbaum.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:45   Link #137
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Honestly, I have no idea what his motivations are either. However, I think that somewhere after he was able to think again after he shot Saazbaum, that a plan to correct not just the war on Earth but also the problem with Vers came to his mind. I didn't think that until I saw him again this episode, but something about the way he acted, even when he shot Inaho, seemed to me to be a different side of him. It's almost like he's willing to dirty his hands and kill and scheme in order to get Asseylum's overall dream realized.

It was rather clear that her way of doing things wasn't going to work seeing as how naive she was and that she wanted everything to be done peaceably, however, it really would have never turned out that way as her people are too set in their ways.

I don't know what Slaine's plans are, but I've never been one to hate on him like a lot of other people, so I'm going to go wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
His character irrevocably changed after that last episode. It was in the episode's title. While Inaho knows the technicals, Slaine has always been the more intuitive one that knows people. I'd have to see what his plan is first, but him finding another way to realize Asseylum's dream, even if it means dirtying his and her name first in the process, can make perfect sense. Especially, if he wants to get rid of the way the way the government is run anyway. This includes Asseylum's image as a princess. It will take the Versians breaking away from the image of the god-like royals in order to ever take a step for the better.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 18:47   Link #138
Seihai
スマイリウム

Has it been explained why there is wind in space?
Old 2015-01-10, 18:47   Link #139
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Has it been explained why there is wind in space?
Solar winds.
Old 2015-01-10, 18:48   Link #140
Zoks

Quote:
Honestly, I have no idea what his motivations are either. However, I think that somewhere after he was able to think again after he shot Saazbaum, that a plan to correct not just the war on Earth but also the problem with Vers came to his mind. I didn't think that until I saw him again this episode, but something about the way he acted, even when he shot Inaho, seemed to me to be a different side of him. It's almost like he's willing to dirty his hands and kill and scheme in order to get Asseylum's overall dream realized.

It was rather clear that her way of doing things wasn't going to work seeing as how naive she was and that she wanted everything to be done peaceably, however, it really would have never turned out that way as her people are too set in their ways.

I don't know what Slaine's plans are, but I've never been one to hate on him like a lot of other people, so I'm going to go wait and see.
She herself gave up on that when she decided to take to the field at the end of last season. She understood the rebels wanted war, and force was the only way to bring that war to an end.
Closed Thread