AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 2 3.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-21, 16:21   Link #81
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The "normal" audience won't matter; just two months ago Bandai Namco and its staff were overhwlemed by fan outrage over the bait-and-switch advertising they pulled with the heroine of the latest Tales game, Zestiria. Some twitter accounts had to be closed temporarily because of all the hates that were being sent, especially after Bamco announced that the heroine they removed in their bait-and-switch was going to be in a purchasable DLC After Story for 1300 yen. (the hate got so bad that Bamco offered it for free) That's what otaku rage is. (though it was even more justified in that case)
if i'm not wrong there was once a case of otaku setting a gainax studio on fire after the over shitty end of the evangelion tv serie...but maibe i remember wrong
Old 2015-03-21, 16:24   Link #82
larethian

It doesn't really matter how developed or not the Mr. New Fiance is. Because this is not a romance show and the development isn't really out of line. But I understand how you guys feel. The development is definitely full of suck for shippers of any degree.

As long as Seylum remains alive, I frankly doubt that Inaho will pair up with Inko. Both Inaho and Slaine will die. Prove me wrong, showmakers.

Yes, this post is a rant of sorts.
Old 2015-03-21, 16:28   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It doesn't really matter how developed or not the Mr. New Fiance is. Because this is not a romance show and the development isn't really out of line.
Nor was Gundam 08th MS Team any more of a romance show, where the hero and heroine got together and had a child in a cabin by the lake. Nor were any of the many other mecha series where the hero and heroine got together in the end. In fact, this series had a good deal more focus on the love triangle than it did in many of those mecha shows where the hero and heroine got together.
Old 2015-03-21, 16:48   Link #84
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So...my prediction...

...a good chunk of Slaine's forces end up switching to the Princess' side. Fake princess refuses to continue the charade. Slaine, in a last ditch effort, joins the battle himself in his cheatmachine. Inaho's eye has spent the last umpteen episodes figuring out a way to beat the precog abilities of that machine, and he beats Slaine with the help of the stressed upon loadout that was supposed to be "crazy" to use in space.

But, Slaine survives, with his hopes and dreams crumbling to ash. He's taken prisoner, and the princess forgives him, because midget maid didn't have her breakdown extolling Slaine's virtuousness for no reason, and that forgiveness makes Slaine break down in tears, after which everyone forgets what he's done, and it's hugs all around. The series ends with everyone still alive, and the promise of a new future for Earth and Vers, in peace.
Also, cake.
Old 2015-03-21, 16:57   Link #85
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

It'd be nice if Inaho somehow finds a way to get rid of Aldnoah. He was trying to figure out what Aldnoah was since last season after all. No Aldnoah equals no Vers Empire and no more war. But that's probably wishful thinking.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-03-21, 17:02   Link #86
lubczyk

Let me ask this:

Since Asseylum declared herself Empress, doesn't it make Klancain the Emperor? And since he is loyal to the last Emperor? Since he is loyal to Ray, will he not continue the war and try to conquer Earth like the loyal Knight he was?
Old 2015-03-21, 17:09   Link #87
lubczyk

Also, didn't Inaho state a few episodes ago that Asseylum's reputation has been ruined and no one will listen to her? Was he possibly wrong?
Old 2015-03-21, 17:14   Link #88
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Let me ask this:

Since Asseylum declared herself Empress, doesn't it make Klancain the Emperor? And since he is loyal to the last Emperor? Since he is loyal to Ray, will he not continue the war and try to conquer Earth like the loyal Knight he was?
It is not known yet whether he is loyal to the Emperor himself or to the royalty in general, with the Emperor being the current head. If it is the latter, with the Emperor being incapacitated and Asseylum taking charge, it would be only natural to transfer his loyalty to her.

At the same time, considering his state of mind, being loyal to the Emperor doesn't necessarily mean to blindly follow his confused ranting. It just means he will protect the Emperor from would-be usurper like Slaine.
Quote:
Also, didn't Inaho state a few episodes ago that Asseylum's reputation has been ruined and no one will listen to her? Was he possibly wrong?
It was explained in this episode that the reason for that is due to a loss of trust in Asseylum considering the sudden change of mind. That is why Asseylum needs all the support she can get in order to challenge the status quo, hence her marriage announcement.
Old 2015-03-21, 17:16   Link #89
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol... if we think it more through... I think people would feel that Asseylum is a woman who just love to cheat...
well, the point is luckily Asseylum stand up while declaring the "NTR statement" so it showed that she is the different one with the one who marry Slaine
so Lemrina got Slaine, Klancain got Asseylum, while Inaho got both Inko and Yuki-nee

back to the episode
I like the prelude before the war
Slaine once again showed how deteriorate he is right now.. I can't believe that Eddelrittuo still tried to cover for him... C'mon.. it is obvious that he has fallen on his own ego
So there are only two counts left for Asseylum.. Mazuurek is a really good pawn for Inaho
I'm glad to see Inaho is doing okay as well
lastly, I would like to comment about the VERS emperor. At first, he is shown as an Alzheimeric old man who lived in his own world. But I really glad that in the end, he showed himself as a pure-minded scientist that put on his final hope to his descendant. Respect to him

at this point, I think they tried to discard any kind of "shipping" and "romance stuff" in the final battle
It is a real showdown between Inaho vs Slaine
before that, I really looked forward to the way Inaho is going to take down three OP units at the space, since we can assume that no more new Aldnoah units are going to show up after Asseylum's declaration
let's see who would avoid deathflag in the end
Old 2015-03-21, 17:17   Link #90
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Edelrittou is the voice of all the Slaine fangirls and Fanboys out there.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2015-03-21, 17:26   Link #91
lubczyk

Slaine offered once again to discuss the war in person with Asseylum, yet she refused. She didn't care what he had to say. How could Asseylum even call herself a friend of Slaine? Asseylum has never agreed to talk with Slaine as equals, always using her position to overrule him.
Old 2015-03-21, 17:32   Link #92
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Slaine offered once again to discuss the war in person with Asseylum, yet she refused. She didn't care what he had to say. How could Asseylum even call herself a friend of Slaine? Asseylum has never agreed to talk with Slaine as equals, always using her position to overrule him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
He conspired to steal her identity and ruin her good name. From my perspective, she's already being quite lenient on him, seeing as she didn't shoot him on sight after hearing what he did.
here has been answered
Old 2015-03-21, 17:34   Link #93
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
lol... if we think it more through... I think people would feel that Asseylum is a woman who just love to cheat...
who was cheated by Asseylum?
Old 2015-03-21, 17:35   Link #94
setsunafseiei

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
It'd be nice if Inaho somehow finds a way to get rid of Aldnoah. He was trying to figure out what Aldnoah was since last season after all. No Aldnoah equals no Vers Empire and no more war. But that's probably wishful thinking.
I just don't think Inaho is that kind of person who will destroy something good just because someone misused it . He's more to logical thinking and the type that sees the bigger picture . Not relying on emotional thinking like certain 'person' with obsession disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It is not known yet whether he is loyal to the Emperor himself or to the royalty in general, with the Emperor being the current head. If it is the latter, with the Emperor being incapacitated and Asseylum taking charge, it would be only natural to transfer his loyalty to her.

At the same time, considering his state of mind, being loyal to the Emperor doesn't necessarily mean to blindly follow his confused ranting. It just means he will protect the Emperor from would-be usurper like Slaine. It was explained in this episode that the reason for that is due to a loss of trust in Asseylum considering the sudden change of mind. That is why Asseylum needs all the support she can get in order to challenge the status quo, hence her marriage announcement.
My bet is the count yoyo actually will follow Slaine through instead of joining ass hime .
Inaho already mention before it's already too late for ass hime to turn back . In fact , I think even if they expose Lemrina certain people in vers camp still wants war against earth regardless .

Quote:
Edelrittou is the voice of all the Slaine fangirls and Fanboys out there.
I'm a bit surprised out off all people the midget actually stood out for Slaine . Despite previous episodes pretty much she glared at him like he is some kind of disease . Perhaps its the way of the writers not to get the fangirls angry and do the so called 'boycott'
Old 2015-03-21, 17:40   Link #95
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:

It was a misdirection. He "offered" to discuss things with her to get her to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
Slaine. The orbital Knights will think this hoe can't make up her damn mind on who to marry

Old 2015-03-21, 17:41   Link #96
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
well... just a while ago, she made a declaration to take Slaine Troyard as her husband

then... she made a declaration to take Count Cruhteo as her husband

considering that the public didn't know anything about Lemrina's role... of course we could think that Asseylum is building a husband harem
Old 2015-03-21, 17:43   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Slaine offered once again to discuss the war in person with Asseylum, yet she refused. She didn't care what he had to say.
That offer wasn't in good faith. You know that. And while Asseylum couldn't be sure, it was pretty obvious. "Come back into my hands, we will totally have a discussion and I won't use my soldiers to confine you (again)".

Quote:
How could Asseylum even call herself a friend of Slaine?
How could Slaine call himself a friend to her?

Quote:
Asseylum has never agreed to talk with Slaine as equals, always using her position to overrule him.
Why wouldn't she?

(Because he's a goddamn psychopath and any discussion is doomed to failure, that's why...)
Old 2015-03-21, 17:43   Link #98
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well... just a while ago, she made a declaration to take Slaine Troyard as her husband

then... she made a declaration to take Count Cruhteo as her husband

considering that the public didn't know anything about Lemrina's role... of course we could think that Asseylum is building a husband harem
she act so, and she stand up from the wheelchair in that very moment prolly to show that the Slaine one wasn't her
Old 2015-03-21, 17:48   Link #99
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Haven't watched the episode yet but have to say I called it when I said Inaho and Asseylum will have an Athrun-and-Cagalli type ending from GSD! (...and boy there was plenty of fan rage when that happened back then).

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-03-21, 17:51   Link #100
Oboro

Quote:

It was a misdirection. He "offered" to discuss things with her to get her to return.
and while he "offered" to discuss

Spoiler:
Closed Thread