4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-11, 16:54   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What's there to report? At that range, would they even be able to tell they're short? Are they even that short?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 16:56   Link #82
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Crank looks like he will be an interesting enemy, even if I fell he doesn't have much time left. He hates the idea of fighting child soldiers but if he has to he'll do it alone and won't let his men get involved in that. He could die but he'll die because of his own principles.
Given the title of episode 3, I think he's only got one more episode unfortunately. I can see him challenging Mika to a duel.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:01   Link #83
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Its not that only childern can pilot the gundam. These kids have had a very risky operation done on them that allows them to use the direct link to control the gundam without prior training. Hence, only them (those that have this operation done on them), can control the gundam in such short notice. And Mika is their best pilot so hes their best chance of successfully using the gundam.

Also, I'm happy not to see an overpowered gundam for once. I'd be happy if we finally return to 0079 gundam's depiction of the struggles that white base and Amuro had to go through just to survive. Overpowered gundams just leads to no tension existing in battles.

It is nice to see that the gundam is basically salvaged old tech and therefore not immediately OP. It doesn't even have all its working parts or armament hence why we shall be seeing Mika and company salvaging tech from enemies.
Eh? The Wing Zero/Epyon duels had tension O_o...the battles of Orb were tension-filled. It was just that there was more awesomeness to go around and the scales were higher. I suppose the analogy is like watching a Street Fighter match vs. a Guilty Gear match or an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 match. The latter two are just more of a spectacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
From where? The show? It's because she's too compassionate. The audience? It's because she's too powerless.
Yep, basically the latter in my case. She's fairly pointless as it stands right now. Granted, Relena was a whiny schoolgirl for the longest time as well, but as the female lead on the show, she just doesn't carry enough epic qualities to hold that role. Then again, Gundam girls can be hit or miss. Lacus, Aina, and Noin, among others were amazing. Marina Ismail was utter garbage. And Relena (along with all the other gundam pilot female counterparts in Wing) were sort of along for the ride in various ways.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:06   Link #84
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
So, why is Crank surprised they were fighting children? Their snipers alone killed two of them before they got into the suits. Did they not report this or something?
Do every sniper report to their superior "I've killed 2 children", "I got one kid, too"? At bets it would be something like "target neutralized" and it's end of the day.

Heck, they even screwed up mid operation.
Old 2015-10-11, 17:09   Link #85
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Eh? The Wing Zero/Epyon duels had tension O_o...the battles of Orb were tension-filled. It was just that there was more awesomeness to go around and the scales were higher. I suppose the analogy is like watching a Street Fighter match vs. a Guilty Gear match or an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 match. The latter two are just more of a spectacle.
I was thinking more about gundam fights vs grunts which in some shows (especially 00) are so one sided they are boring. Watching Freedom Gundam clear a battlefield alone isn't really exciting. Watching 00's gundams effortlessly curve stomp enemy mecha for most of season 1 was quite boring.

Its one thing Gundam Reconguista handled well, the shows endless fights between elite pilots were quite exciting. Another example is gundam unicorn where the grunts surprisingly can put up a fight (before dieing, of course).
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:10   Link #86
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't really see how Aina is being held up so much. Her really only shining moments in the series was finally killing her brother with Shiro's help and getting naked for him after a battle where they nearly killed one another. For all you guys' nostalgia glasses, keep in mind the woman lost to a freakin' Ball. Beyond that she was her brother's guinea pig and powerless to do anything to stop him until she finally betrayed him for a guy she barely even knew and had only two meaningful encounters with.

Dare I say it? Lacus was a more effective character than her, and you guys know what regard I have for Lacus. Y'all are being unfair to Kudelia.
Old 2015-10-11, 17:18   Link #87
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
So, why is Crank surprised they were fighting children? Their snipers alone killed two of them before they got into the suits. Did they not report this or something?
I suppose that would depend upon whether they have that means of communication in mid operation or whether this show's equivalent of Minovsky particles blocks that out.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:21   Link #88
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They'd block it out. They already established that Ahab Waves make a communication a right pain in the ass.
Old 2015-10-11, 17:24   Link #89
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Her dad will probably be one of her breaking points. What I'm most curious about is where she'll fit in the grand scheme of things with the crew. She has a broad plot purpose, but she's very disconnected from Orga and co. at this point of time, and it's hard to see how she'll develop to gel herself with the team, if at all.
Well, this is Gundam and given the title of the show seems like the easiest way for them to accept her is if she becomes an orphan.

I wonder if she will be around when Orga starts his coup. If so, I wonder how she'll react. A lot of people have called her idealistic but I've not seen her say something that I'd consider idealistic. Or is wanting to do something about poverty and children dying considered "idealistic"?

In the ep 3 preview we see her with her hands slightly dirty holding a metal nut. I wonder what she was doing.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:25   Link #90
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Servant-wearing-glasses-lady is awfully suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if she answers to the father, and intentionally left the princess alone during the attack. I don't trust her for a second.

Princess is obviously going to become third squad's employer, once they mutiny and rid themselves of first squad.

Mika's character growth will obviously require him to reach an epiphany at some point in the series, in which he becomes his own man, and stops living to do whatever Orga tells him to do. Orga seems fully aware of how unhealthy Mika's behavior is, so I like to think that when the moment comes, it won't be a cause for a rift between the two-though it'd certainly be more angst-worthy if it did. Or, they pull a Gurren Lagann on us.

Any discussions if the 24-26 episodes is just the first half, or if that's all the series is getting? I know there are those who think 49-50 episodes are too long, but as a Gundam fan, truly enjoying the first Gundam series since...possibly 00, I'm already kind of feeling sad that this is only going to last 20 some weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
In the ep 3 preview we see her with her hands slightly dirty holding a metal nut. I wonder what she was doing.
After Mika's great burn on her in episode 1....
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:30   Link #91
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Watch Bayformers then instead of Gundam.
Shoot 'Em Up is the only movie that has anywhere close to non-stop action, Bayformers have plenty of talking from preventing them from being that.
Quote:
The gundam's thrusters require fuel?!
They always did, this is just the first entry in the franchise where it was a major point.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 17:52   Link #92
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... running out of fuel has happened before IBO. Most recent example being Unicorn, such as when the Unicorn ran out of fuel after saving the Garencieres with a Psycofield.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:00   Link #93
Irenesharda

Another great episode!
Mika is the most awesome Gundam protag in a long time. Most teens in anime seem to say that they are grown up or adults already, but Mika, who has had to grow up faster than he should have had to, freely admits that he's a kid and basically owns it. I absolutely love that line about him being a kid and that all of his comrades that were killed are kids, but that they are the ones that will kill them.

Kudelia was annoying in the beginning, but I like how everyone is telling her off in such nonchalant ways. And once again Mika told her off in spectacular fashion. He's not taking any of her stuff today. Not after so many died.

First Group came back, and they're not happy. It was a little queasy there when he was getting the crap beat out of him. But I love his determination and how much of a leader he is. He makes the decisions and he'll take the punishment even when it's unjustified. He'll protect his men.

I'm wondering more about these "human debris" and if they're and even lower state of slaves in this world since they don't seem to have their own will.

As for the Gundam, It seems to take quite a lot of out of Mika. We do find out that he and probably most of the men are illiterate, and that if it wasn't for those implants, they would never be able to pilot.

And now we have the Gjallerhorn people up to no good, and the one pretty nice guy on their side is being commanded to kill a bunch of kids.

Also, Biscuit's sisters are Cookie and Cracker? What were his parents on?

I just can't wait for the next episode, this series is just plain awesome so far. Orga's planning a coup and he and Mika are so much of bros that they already know what the other will do or say.

And can I just say that that OP was the best one of the season so far!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 18:26   Link #94
Twi

I'm kinda surprised by how many people seem to enjoy Kudelia being told off a lot. She hasn't been overly pushy about her agenda to them and has either been wanting to help or knowing why they do what they do. Naive, maybe, but I don't see what the thrill is from watching her get chewed out over it.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:27   Link #95
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Most likely because they think she doesn't sound too fictional and there are path for her development, not because they hate her, or that's the impression I got from most posters. She's actually a rational one although not have much common (as in, commoner) sense.

Quote:
I was thinking more about gundam fights vs grunts which in some shows (especially 00) are so one sided they are boring. Watching Freedom Gundam clear a battlefield alone isn't really exciting. Watching 00's gundams effortlessly curve stomp enemy mecha for most of season 1 was quite boring.
That's actually what was great about 00, because it serve the purpose, as the same with (unrelated) Overlord. It makes you look at the one who being trampled and think with them on how they are trying to find a way to beat a Gundam.

Freedom Gundam's fight is only to resolve everything with absolute power.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:31   Link #96
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't really see how Aina is being held up so much. Her really only shining moments in the series was finally killing her brother with Shiro's help and getting naked for him after a battle where they nearly killed one another. For all you guys' nostalgia glasses, keep in mind the woman lost to a freakin' Ball. Beyond that she was her brother's guinea pig and powerless to do anything to stop him until she finally betrayed him for a guy she barely even knew and had only two meaningful encounters with.

Dare I say it? Lacus was a more effective character than her, and you guys know what regard I have for Lacus. Y'all are being unfair to Kudelia.
Well, I am not gonna comment on Lacus being better character... but yeah, no matter how you look at it Aina mk.1 had barely any merit.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:33   Link #97
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Most likely because they think she doesn't sound too fictional and there are path for her development, not because they hate her, or that's the impression I got from most posters. She's actually a rational one although not have much common (as in, commoner) sense.

That's actually what was great about 00, because it serve the purpose, as the same with (unrelated) Overlord. It makes you look at the one who being trampled and think with them on how they are trying to find a way to beat a Gundam.

Freedom Gundam's fight is only to resolve everything with absolute power.
It made both shows rather boring. 00 grunts never figured anything out, they just gained GN drives near the end of season 1. What a waste. lol Wing was much more effective at making me care about the antagonist but then they were more developed in that show.

Note: I really dislike gundam 00 so its probably a waste of time to argue over it. I know other people love the show, so be it.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:39   Link #98
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
It made both shows rather boring. 00 grunts never figured anything out, they just gained GN drives near the end of season 1. What a waste. lol Wing was much more effective at making me care about the antagonist but then they were more developed in that show.
Eh? the three factions from 00 almost bet CB at the desert. I believe they were able escape thanks the Thrones.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:44   Link #99
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Kudelia was annoying in the beginning, but I like how everyone is telling her off in such nonchalant ways. And once again Mika told her off in spectacular fashion. He's not taking any of her stuff today. Not after so many died.
This I don't get. Kudelia was trying to say she regretted the lives lost because of her and Mika barked like a dog at her. If anything, Mika was being an irrational jerk to her. In what way was showing sympathy insulting?

I wonder why Kudelia even bothers trying to understand and help the childern of mars if they are all going to act like Mika. Don't want any sympathy or help? Fine, good bye, enjoy your certain death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Eh? the three factions from 00 almost bet CB at the desert. I believe they were able escape thanks the Thrones.
A boring fight, attrition is the only tactic they could effectively use. Compare the fights in 00 with those in reconguista. I much prefer watching reconguista, despite its obtuse storyline. Then again, I enjoyed wing and I could get into the difference between Wing vs 00 and why I dislike 00 but love Wing but that would be a big digress better saved for some other topic. (not sure what that would be on this gundam thread)

Last edited by bigdeath; 2015-10-11 at 19:00.
Old 2015-10-11, 18:45   Link #100
Iron Maw
Banned

Pretty standard bridge episode, which not to say it was bad or anything. Just not huge amount talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Highlight of the episode: Biscuit has sisters named "Cookie" & "Cracker" . That's gold.
I actually cringed at that. So what, are their parents named Flour and Sugar? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow Kudelia is taking a lot of hits, though I'm not overly sure why. She realized the situation on Mars was bad and took steps to try and change that. Rose to prominence in the public through her actions. Even able to recognize her own naivete and rationalize out that her father is likely the source of the attack that struck here. She may not be a perfect person here, but she's heck of a lot better than the last few comparable characters the Gundam franchise has had and only in the first couple episodes.
I think has mostly has to do with her reminding a lot of fans about Relena Peacecraft who was quite disliked among the fandom.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote