AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-04, 12:17   Link #1921
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Holy stone is from the magic side perspective but from the science side they call it gemstone or something. From Fianna's perspective it's a HOLY STONE but from Aleister's perspective its a GEMSTONE.

The weird sounds he produce back then when he tried to manipulate the atmosphere is his calculations in rapid speed. And I'm not sure too if he would awaken back then or not but its true he produced weird sound or like weird computation stuff or just mumbling stuff in awaken mode. The only one who could awaken are Accel and Kakine but Aiwass said touma could so maybe the complete imagine breaker is his awaken mode. Plus Aiwass compare kakine, touma and Accel in Egyptian Gods.
I don't remember Aleister calling Touma a gemstone, but I remember Fiamma calling Touma the Holy Stone in the vol.16.
Spoiler for Fiamma:
Old 2010-03-04, 12:33   Link #1922
Seihai
スマイリウム

Huh? Is there a source for what is in that spoiler or did you just directly translate that part yourself?
Old 2010-03-04, 12:52   Link #1923
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That isn't Itsuwa that Touma knocked out, was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Speaking of Kakine, how come he was chosen for the Level 6 project but then got dropped (reason why he hated Acc)?D:
Only got that fact before, any detailed explanation for this?
Why go for No.2 when you can use No.1?
Old 2010-03-04, 13:01   Link #1924
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Ok. XD While I'm aware of that simple logic, I still find it strange why they didn't choose Accelerator to begin with.
I didn't expect those scientists to make simple mistakes in deciding the more appropriate candidate.
Old 2010-03-04, 13:10   Link #1925
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I not sure. We have no idea if it is really Itsuwa that Touma fought. It's just speculation by most fans believing this is how she actually meet Touma the first time before Vol 11 where she was introduced. We can only confirmed if that girl is Itsuwa once the 2nd season of the Index anime airs.
(If it is her... cue Fangasm by everyone!!!)
Old 2010-03-04, 14:50   Link #1926
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Ok. XD While I'm aware of that simple logic, I still find it strange why they didn't choose Accelerator to begin with.
I didn't expect those scientists to make simple mistakes in deciding the more appropriate candidate.
wasn't it stated that Dark Matter was the back-up plan in case anything happened with Accelerator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I not sure. We have no idea if it is really Itsuwa that Touma fought. It's just speculation by most fans believing this is how she actually meet Touma the first time before Vol 11 where she was introduced. We can only confirmed if that girl is Itsuwa once the 2nd season of the Index anime airs.
(If it is her... cue Fangasm by everyone!!!)
True that. Oh, the woes of knowing too much beforehand - jumping at every red herring we see.
Old 2010-03-04, 15:45   Link #1927
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Accelerator himself already said in the Level 6 Shift arc that he can also redirect the opposing forces from the Third Law.

Besides, Personal Reality gives you plot armour if you want to break the fourth wall, or suspending your disbelief. What's the point of substituting normal reality with your own if you can't replace the reality of the Third Law when you're already a Level 5?
Old 2010-03-04, 15:52   Link #1928
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Accelerator himself already said in the Level 6 Shift arc that he can also redirect the opposing forces from the Third Law.

Besides, Personal Reality gives you plot armour if you want to break the fourth wall, or suspending your disbelief.
He can redirect, but not totally cancel it. Which means if there is air resistance, he can shift the opposing force to his left and right to reduce it, but this means that there will be an increase in the total force from both the left and right.

Either that or he redirects the vectors accordingly to go around him, thus giving him the propulsion when he was killing one of the sisters when he met Touma. However it still means that he will slow down over time because of the limitations when K.E comes into play : dynamic equilibrium and the Laws of Thermodynamics do not allow him to travel at the speed indefinitely.

To defeat him, you have to make use of the time intervals between each and every tactic he used to deliver damage, which is difficult if you don't have time manipulation abilities or cancellation skills like Touma. This is what makes him the most powerful esper in Academy City.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-03-04, 21:34   Link #1929
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hey guys, why do you think the sixth Level 5 in Academy City hasn't been mentioned? o_o
It's already so far into Index and there're still no signs of a 6th Level 5.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-03-04, 21:40   Link #1930
BlueDo

Index just develops very slowly, you know...
It wasn't till volume 15 that 2nd and 4th were introduced.

I wouldn't worry very much about that. He/she will appear in time.

Scratch that. It's Touma.
...Or is it Saten?

Btw, for people who read the novels.
I was told that in volume one, Mental Out was hinted.
Specifically, Touma called Komoe to ask for a "certain telepath" to take care of Index's problem.
Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by BlueDo; 2010-03-04 at 22:34.
Old 2010-03-05, 03:27   Link #1931
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

hmm, it seems, that there's that much difference between no.2 and no. 3 seat of lvl 5 physics XD. I was kinda hoping the science side can match the magic side so they can make some major war between the two side in later arc), but seeing the later volume, all hope is crushed(saints? fiana? aqua? not to mention the various magic artifact?)
Old 2010-03-05, 04:00   Link #1932
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Considering that the title of the series is MAGICAL Index and not SCIENTIFIC [Railgun/City/insert-whatever-appropraite-title-here], it's not surprising it went on to the Magic roots now.

Don't worry, between Accelerator, the Misaka Network and all that Aleister is trying to do with the Imaginary Numbers District, we shall soon see LOLSCIENCE again. Especially when Accelerator is in search of Index, who is now in Fiamma's hands.
Old 2010-03-05, 05:07   Link #1933
tsunade666

Quote:
I don't remember Aleister calling Touma a gemstone, but I remember Fiamma calling Touma the Holy Stone in the vol.16.
If I remember it right. He did call it when the word gemstone is introduced in the side story. I read it here in the forum.

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
hmm, it seems, that there's that much difference between no.2 and no. 3 seat of lvl 5 physics XD. I was kinda hoping the science side can match the magic side so they can make some major war between the two side in later arc), but seeing the later volume, all hope is crushed(saints? fiana? aqua? not to mention the various magic artifact?)
Quote:
Considering that the title of the series is MAGICAL Index and not SCIENTIFIC [Railgun/City/insert-whatever-appropraite-title-here], it's not surprising it went on to the Magic roots now.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler Added

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-03-05 at 09:56.
Old 2010-03-05, 07:02   Link #1934
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

BACKLOG BREAKER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
lol guha seems intresting character perhaps his power is creating forcefields?
but the true question is if they dont know about his power how can he be a level 5 instead of 0
To me, it's because he's powerful enough to be considered one.

What little they CAN measure, it's probably enough to put him in that classification.

Quote:
Sorry for sounding dumb, but can you elaborate on the 3 gems? Like their purpose and stuff.
No real purpose, it's just that they're natural-born Espers. Incidentally, their powers aren't explainable by Science yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfridus View Post
D: Nuclear weapons!?

Was it mentioned in the novels... or its a wild guess?
I'll like to point out that the author throws around the 'nuclear weapon' comparison quite alot, so I wouldn't take it TOO seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Nah. If Accelerator learns how to keep his distance, which he should have, then Touma has no hope of beating him again. Accelerator lost simply because he just stood there and took all the blows, probably trying to include whatever he thought was hitting him into his redirection filter.
It has been me believe that after taking that first hit from Touma, Accelerator was quite shaken. I mean yeah, for a person who has never been harmed in his life, being punched in the face is a painful thing, he probably couldn't focus too well after that.

But in addition, I think it had more of a mental impact; All of his absolute beliefs came crashing down.

Quote:
Saints are stronger than level 5. They could make level 5 like a child well except for accel but still his no match for them. The only way he can stood against a saint is when his in black wings mode which index said rivals the power of the saints.
Questionable.

We have only seen 2 Saints in action, 3 if you count the SS. And if it's about an all out smack down, any of the Level 5s could give them a run for their money.

The thing is, they don't know about Magic, and the Saint don't know about Science.

Quote:
As of now if you compare the power balance between magic and science. Magic side has the clear advantage with their saints and all but the science side has their artificial angel. Not including Aiwass because his kinda neutral to both sides.
People tend to forget that the Science-side isn't restricted to AIM powers.

They also have nukes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
so saints are weak against stabbing and such? (similiar to the suffering of jesus christ)
i was keep thinking cant accelarator encrease or decrease the vibrations between molecule theoritically he could melt or freeze anything he wants?
also touma can nullify magic espers etc with his whole hand or just with his palm cuz if with his whole arm then ars magna shoudnt be able to cut his arm off wich would make a big plot hole lol
Anything that is similiar to the way the Son of God was killed.

I heard torturing/execution devices work as well.

Also, Imagine Breaker is only restricted to his hand.

Quote:
Mmmm... since saints have a different nature of their power they can inflict damage to Accelerator, but sure he can add them to his filter if he has the chance.
Yes, but if Kaori swings a sword at him, you can bet it's going to go the other way.

Accelerator was able to calculate the entire 'alien' laws of nature that Dark Matter has created. What is to say that he can't do the same for the laws of Magic?

Quote:
Weird sounds?
I don't know more about it than you but I think the situation that time wasn't enough to awaken him.
I imagine it's gotta take a really stressing and life threatening situation to uninentionally achieve that. (typical scenes where a char freaks out / gets owned badly and then unleashes overlimit mode)
Yeah, he started this high pitch chatter. I thought at that time it was something he did with the surrounding air that altered his voice.

Quote:
Plus Aiwass compare kakine, touma and Accel in Egyptian Gods.
This is new to me, what did he say?

Quote:
Speaking of Kakine, how come he was chosen for the Level 6 project but then got dropped (reason why he hated Acc)?D:
Only got that fact before, any detailed explanation for this?
He was suppose to be Accelerator's backup, meaning a subsitute for the guy.

Obviously, being Number 2 all the time pisses him off.

Quote:
No idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The thing is, I don't think Aleister plans to use the Espers to fight in his war against magic at all.

Everything he has done is towards the creation of the Artifical Angel. The Espers are there to produce the AIM fields.

And besides, most of them are students, sure he uses some of them. But majority of his strength comes from Armed Groups.
Old 2010-03-05, 07:56   Link #1935
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Btw, on the topic of Dark Matter... Rather than calling it 'Dark Matter', doesn't the description on the label fits more of the Higgs Boson?

EDIT:

Just one part of Volume 10...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-05, 08:25   Link #1936
Avegaille

So the 'Kamiyan disease' is when Touma punches a guy and then this guy gets a girl that keeps following him around? I like this... coincidence or not.
Old 2010-03-05, 09:07   Link #1937
walt

Hit me! Hit me! Hit me! (C)
Old 2010-03-05, 09:54   Link #1938
tsunade666

Chaoz: If I remember it right when his talking to Accel or just talking to himself. He compare Accel,Kakine and not sure about touma to Horus, Isis and Osiris which I think are Egyptian gods

btw thanks for another spoiler for vol 10.

and about saints vs lvl 5. The saints are clad with power and professionals if I compare it too students. I will still bet on the saints.
Old 2010-03-05, 11:31   Link #1939
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

now that everyone gives a conmment, it seems battle between science(esper) against magic seems even more far-fetched. I agree with the science side only consist of students. One thing I wonder though, what happen to those esper that already grow old enough by the time the story start?(I mean, they won't stay as students forever right? what happen to those people that already graduated?)
Old 2010-03-05, 11:34   Link #1940
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]
We have only seen 2 Saints in action, 3 if you count the SS. And if it's about an all out smack down, any of the Level 5s could give them a run for their money.

The thing is, they don't know about Magic, and the Saint don't know about Science.
Two of them knows about A.C. One of the saints pwned the remaining sisters in the city and a magician pwned them(again) before that in few seconds. Poor sisters, their born to be pwned .

Quote:
and about saints vs lvl 5. The saints are clad with power and professionals if I compare it too students. I will still bet on the saints.
I also bet for the saints, IMPOV only awaken espers like Nē1 and Nē2 can match saints.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen