AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-02, 16:23   Link #1
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

AnimeSuki populace, I need your help.

Welp, here's my problem. I can't figure out what anime series to buy/download next. So I come to ask......will you help me choose a new series?

I'm horrible at making up my mind when it comes to stuff, I once stood in a Barnes & Nobel in the manga section for 3 hours reading the synopsis of each manga.

Here's a list of anime I currently own/watch

I own:

Gundam SEED/Wing
Full Metal Panic Seasons 1&2
Gits SAC Season 1

I'm watching:

Bleach
Naruto
Air
Shuffle
Blood+
My Hime/Mai Otome

I've thought about buying the following anime and would like your opinions on them:

Kiddy Grade
Escaflowne
Yukikaze
Vandread and Vandread: Second Stage

I tend to like anime that deals with mech's and mobile suits, but I also like shows that go into love and drama like Shuffle. I also like action anime and shooters like Gits (Ghost in the Shell).

Last edited by Hyperion; 2006-02-02 at 16:47.
Old 2006-02-02, 17:02   Link #2
Juan Valdez

If you like mecha, you might like Nadesico. It's an older series and is licensed (by ADV I believe), but it's one of my favorites. Though there's a lot of action it is not by any means a serious show and would definitely fall under the category of comedy, often using self-mocking humor. I'm not really a big mecha fan so I can't really suggest any others, other than something like Eva.

If you like romance, try Suzuka, which is one of my favorites right now. Another good one would be Aishiteruze Baby, which I just finished watching. Be warned however: it is super sickly sweet. Also, if you haven't seen it, I recommend Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances), a true classic of the genre.

EDIT: Oh yeah. How could I forget Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It's a must see if you like romance dramas.

I can't comment on any of the series you are contemplating purchase because I haven't seen them. I have seen Escaflowne The Movie however and wasn't terribly impressed.
Old 2006-02-02, 22:47   Link #3
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Since you watched some gundams

Gundam 08 ms team is probably my favourite gundam out of all of them.
gundam x is also another pretty good gundam to watch, it is also a fun show

Bluegender is one of my favourite shows, its mecha, and its like star ship troopers takeing down the aliens. The show focuses more on character that is why i liked the show so much.

gun parade march pretty much the same as blue gender but more light, and lacks action, but the characters are great in the show.

I have seen escaflowne, and i would say that the show is a great show. There is lots of action, the christian music is great. The romance in the show is decent, but the show it self was a blast in watching.

What do you know, dont you like the combination for these shows, all the shows i have listed has what you want action, romance, drama, and mecha's
Old 2006-02-03, 00:40   Link #4
Advent7

If you like mecha anime I suggest Raxephon. It has such a wonderful, detailed, emotional story, with Mecha action. One of the best series I've seen, I'll be honest with you I like it better then Evangelion.
Old 2006-02-05, 15:01   Link #5
miaka

Both Vandread and Escaflowne are great! Go for it. Both Vandread first and second stage has a nice plot, a dash of romance ( bet. dita and UFO-man), comedy and a lot of action range from spaceship to mecha. The music are good too especially the opening theme of the first season, you'll also hear some classic english music here too. This is one among my favorite action anime.
Escaflowne is also worth-buying. The story is also good and the music is very enchanting ( composed by Yoko Kano, played by Warsaw Phil. Orche.)
Yukikaze - i remember i immediately return this dvd tittle to the shop, same day i purchased it. Although a lot of gonzo fan will strongly disagree with me, but for me its not just my cup of tea. It don't have romance or story just keep on flying flying and fighting.
Old 2006-02-06, 14:12   Link #6
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Thanks guys. I've started watching Suzuka now and I'm loving it so far.

I'll make sure to go pick up Vandread next time I'm in Suncoast.

When I get more cash I'll pick up Escaflowne, 08'th MS Team and Blue Gender.

w00t my love for anime is burning once again........
Closed Thread