AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 16:38   Link #41
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Actually, Shana might be the first character of this personality type i grew to like. I also prefered Siesta/Kotori/Nerine/Tessa/Haruka etc... you know what type of girls they are. But for one reason or another i couldnt like Kazumi altho she fits in the same category. I find her .... annoying? It seems all she does is get in the way and creates a mess. I dont know why, but thats what i felt after watching the series.

Louise and Siesta are extremely similar to Shana and Kazumi (Granted, Louise is a spoiled brat), and while i was rooting for Siesta all the way(tho it was just as obvious as it is in Shana who the girl will be, but hey - didnt stop me) i simply couldnt help but dislike Kazumi much to my own surprise. I was expecting to like her and dislike(im using this word briefly here) Shana, but it ended up the other way arround. I ended up being rather fond of Shana, while having some dislike for Kazumi.
Old 2006-11-01, 16:44   Link #42
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, while I liked Kotori, I supported Nemu in DC Although my favorite in DCSS was Aisia Sometimes, it's different for some reason

That movie sure takes long to come out...

Last edited by npal; 2006-11-01 at 17:21.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 19:08   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Dont mention Nemu, i hate her just as much as you hate Asa
Old 2006-11-06, 06:24   Link #44
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan View Post
PD: I just hope there's no YuujixKazumi kiss..
Yoshida is the best ever, ever since sliced melon pan xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
You mean there's a chance? I mean, isn't it obvious by now that, unfortunately, Yuuji prefers Shana?
Don't give up hope senpai!!! xD
We can always hope for a neutral ending, Yoshida isn't to be taken lightly! She's a healthy(Where it counts) brave and good girl who'll fight with Shana to the last drop of bouncy bouncy melon pan.

Bouncy....bouncy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I find her .... annoying? It seems all she does is get in the way and creates a mess.
annoying?
In the way?
I suppose this is what Shana feel towards Yoshida too. But it's not like Yoshida had ever signed a contract to 100% support Shana...

She's a good and courageous girl, confronting Shana upfront and honestly. And very bouncy bouncy on top of it ^_^
I hope we get to see as many scenes with Yoshida as possible.

Yoshida isn't Shana's greatest adversary for nothing
*Is proud of Yoshida*<3:heart:<3

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-11-06 at 06:53.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 06:57   Link #45
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
We are certain about Shana's and Yoshida's feelings towards Yuuji, alright...What I was wondering was whether we get to see his side of how he feels as well. I thought it was rather unfair if there isn't an explanation for 'why he chooses Shana' or 'why he prefers Kazumi'.

Whatever the movie shows, though, I'm sure it will be pretty good.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 10:14   Link #46
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
:
annoying?
In the way?
I suppose this is what Shana feel towards Yoshida too. But it's not like Yoshida had ever signed a contract to 100% support Shana...
Dont get me wrong, in normal cases i allways support the girl of her type and i actually dislike tsundere characters quite a bit. This is first time where its the other way arround, and im quite surprised myself I dont just mean in the way of Shana x Yuuji...i mean in the way of everything she just gives me the feeling that everything would be better in the story if she wouldnt be arround Im surprised myself that i feel this way about her, especially since she is the character type i allways like no matter what I dont dislike her in the strong meaning of this word, but somehow for one reason or another i cant get myself to like her. And i tried :P

I found Louise in ZnT annoying as hell and prefered Siesta all the way and this is how it has been 100% all the way with these character types.(provided you have seen ZnT ). Shana and Kazumi are very similar to Louise and Siesta, but much to my own surprise i find Kazumi annoying this time. Why ? I have no idea.

Quote:
What I was wondering was whether we get to see his side of how he feels as well
Well, at the end he said :"Lets go, i made up my mind long ago....that i'd go with you. And my mind hasn't changed" *goes of to 'die' together with Shana*

And his thought bubbles that Hecate was browsing were filled with Shana and some more Shana

This is just like ZnT where we knew from the start that Louise(unfortunately) would be the one. Just like here we knew that Shana would be the one. And although the ending isnt exactly conclusive thinking otherwise is just wistfull thinking. (as much as i wanted Siesta to win in ZnT)

I bet i didnt make much sense
Old 2006-11-06, 11:53   Link #47
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
And his thought bubbles that Hecate was browsing were filled with Shana and some more Shana
"Obsessed much?"

Who knows he may end up with neither and go with Wilhelmina
Old 2006-11-06, 14:30   Link #48
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

He must end up with Hecate if he doesn't end up with Yoshida
Old 2006-11-06, 14:44   Link #49
martino
makes no files now

Nooooooooo! It has to be Hirai-chan! She just has to come back....
Old 2006-11-06, 17:40   Link #50
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Nooooooooo! It has to be Hirai-chan! She just has to come back....
Hirai chan.... I also want her to have a spot. She's already gone in the main story but at least a little cameo somehow wouldn't hurt...

Hirai chan, and what happened to her, is actually one of the main reasons why I support Shana (even though I favour Yoshida the most.)

If the movie will be mainly based on the first volume of the novel as piku posted, then featuring her will be fine with me. But if it turns out part of the movie where she's in is set after the series then they better have a good excuse for that

Otherwise I'll contract the One Piece/Gundam Seed fever, and then I would have to add SnS to the list of series where the "good" characters nomatter how "killed/dead" they seem to be, aren't actually dead but will reappear 10-30 episodes later.

Quote:
Well, at the end he said :"Lets go, i made up my mind long ago....that i'd go with you. And my mind hasn't changed" *goes of to 'die' together with Shana*

Well.......
I know for sure what he was thinking when he was ogling at Yoshida and her soundfx'ed melon pan in Shanatan returns

Ahhh Yoshida's melon pan... the best an elephant can get.... (j/k don't hit me^^;; )
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 00:33   Link #51
Shana-tan
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:

He's in love with her but he doesn't know ... Yoshida? well At first I found her annoying but later with her "evil side" in Shana-tan I started to like her a little bit

Yoshida should be with Ike

PD: I was watching again SnS... and I notice that in the first episode Yuuji was seeing Yoshida and he was blushing, I think...

Oh well... whatever, I just like this

Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!
Shana-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 22:15   Link #52
kaishe

humm i really dispise Yoshida for some reason unknown and WOW jealousy has no limits man it could go from death to luches i thought it was really funny when they were eating lunch and Yoshida gave Yuuji the bento then Shana handed him the melon bread XD i was like yeah!!! you get that w&^#* MELON BREAD RULES!!! XD yeah uhmmm when does the movie come out i know 2007 but spcificly when? i cant read kanji T^T so yeah if u would be so kind and tell me when
kaishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 23:40   Link #53
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Actually, Shana might be the first character of this personality type i grew to like. I also prefered Siesta/Kotori/Nerine/Tessa/Haruka etc... you know what type of girls they are. But for one reason or another i couldnt like Kazumi altho she fits in the same category. I find her .... annoying? It seems all she does is get in the way and creates a mess. I dont know why, but thats what i felt after watching the series.

I don't share your passion and enthusiasm towards Shana, but I do agree with your point about not minding the other girls in Kazumi's category, but disliking Kazumi. She DID seem to get in the way all the time. It's like, "Kazumi! You don't know the situation! Just GO AWAY STOP BOTHERING ME"
Old 2007-01-03, 16:19   Link #54
Sakuratsuki

movie

I can't not wait for the movie it is 2007. I have watched the anime episode and i liked it very much and now the movie can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-01-03, 17:03   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ you and a lot of people are already chewing their legs off waiting but just bare with it >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 17:07   Link #56
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I really do like Yoshida, don't know why, usually cause i prefer the shy ones over the loud tsundere, i do this probably cause most of the time the shy type character gets the lead male the least and i'm one who usually roots for the underdog, who usually never wins!

Probably the only tsundere i liked was Asa from shuffle! Cause in the anime she was the underdog!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 18:07   Link #57
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I really do like Yoshida, don't know why
We well know the true reason...

I prefer shy female characters as well, but as far as the story goes I think that Shana is the right person for Yuuji.
Old 2007-01-03, 19:43   Link #58
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Damn, no Hecate?

Anyways, I think the Friagne arc was a bit short, hopefully the movie makes it better.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 21:39   Link #59
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Yes story wise they made it so that no one but Shana is the best girl for Yuji, but in terms of character i think Yoshida would be the better of the choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Anyways, I think the Friagne arc was a bit short, hopefully the movie makes it better.
Yeah i felt that way too, at first i thought he was like the main villain which they have to fight against throughout the eps but then he gets killed off so quickly and i'm like, now what?

Then i realised they were going to introduce new villains to the story, so i forgave them. Now i don't think the movie will make the Friagne arc longer as a movie goes for about 1 to 2 or at the most 3 hours and in that 3 hours, they must introduce and defeat all the villains introduced in the series, now a movie has far less time to delve too deep into the villains, so i won't be expecting a extra long Friagne arc.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 22:22   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Now i don't think the movie will make the Friagne arc longer as a movie goes for about 1 to 2 or at the most 3 hours and in that 3 hours, they must introduce and defeat all the villains introduced in the series, now a movie has far less time to delve too deep into the villains, so i won't be expecting a extra long Friagne arc.
Just so you know - the movie isn't retelling the whole of the anime series - just the first arc AKA Friagne & Margery Daw.

Onto the subject on the length of Friagne's arc - its true looking back on it you'd think its a bit short, though while watching it, i believe its length works out perfectly for the start of the show. Friagne is my fav' character from the series, so watching the movie shall be one hell of a treat. :3

Tags
action, adventure, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, movie, romance, shounen, tsundere