AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 16:36   Link #1321
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm kind of fine with "Let's leave him be" as Narukami's catch-phrase.

Spoiler for Episode 8: Everyone Sleeps Together:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:36   Link #1322
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for ep 8:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:42   Link #1323
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

nothing really happened, but it was sure funny.
Old 2011-11-24, 18:51   Link #1324
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well the two comedy episodes have been very funny, and this one was very good animated, also in the anime im falling more for chie than yukiko, in contrast with the game.
Old 2011-11-24, 19:14   Link #1325
Yuna Amakura

Uh, it seems to me that they're betting on MC and Yukiko. Really. Fine with me, as long as it's not Chie (not that I don't like her but the couple itself is way too off for me).
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 19:30   Link #1326
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for ep 8:
Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 19:43   Link #1327
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Poor Kanji, being the butt of practically every joke in this episode. At least he was spared from having to eat Chie and Yukiko's Mystery Food X.

Kind of an odd choice to integrate Naoki's social link into the camping trip, but I'm not really complaining, TBH I found his social link one of the most un-interesting in the game. It did seem rather short-lived though and I don't think Kanji ever said he was friends with Naoki in the game, unless it was miss-able dialogue.

Anywho, now Yuu has the Hanged Man arcana. I was wondering if he would get Empress as well this episode but I guess that's being saved for later. Not to mention Yuu's knowledge isn't at level 3 yet.~
Old 2011-11-24, 19:46   Link #1328
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Spoiler:
I am aware of the game, but they made the battle with Kanji more comedic than it should have been. The anime laughed off Kanji's problems by inserting comedy instead of focusing on his troubled feelings of sexuality.

So we get 2 comedic episodes after each other and they made Kanji more of a comedy relief character than he was in the game.
Old 2011-11-24, 21:04   Link #1329
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I am aware of the game, but they made the battle with Kanji more comedic than it should have been. The anime laughed off Kanji's problems by inserting comedy instead of focusing on his troubled feelings of sexuality.

So we get 2 comedic episodes after each other and they made Kanji more of a comedy relief character than he was in the game.
How do you see him as not so comedic character? Doesn't the Kanji(game version)

Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 21:25   Link #1330
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Shadows are inner conflicts of a person, parts of your personaility that you don't want to accept. They shrugged his problems off by comedy using suggestive situations. Also his backstory does have a serious side.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:50   Link #1331
rpgman1

Watching the camping episode seems to be somewhat out of context, especially with Naoki in there. It was just too fast and sudden. Mystery Food X does makes its appearance and what was shocking was that Hanako actually ate it. Hanamura should not be cracking jokes at Tatsumi like that. I was wondering how he went into Amagi and Satonaka's tent and KO unconscious. Since when did Aiya deliver ramen to the party on the camping trip?

As for the swimsuits, I wasn't expecting Tatsumi to admire Narukami's swim trunks. Amagi and Satonaka look good anyway. When the 2 were knocked off the cliff side, Narukami still has his deadpan expression anyway. King Moron's barf was the surprise. The clencher was Hamako telling Kanji she wasn't into men like him.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 05:54   Link #1332
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Kind of disappointed with this episode. The curry eating and tent scenes were funnier in the original. Sudden introduction to Naoki was rushed too, unless it's a prelude for things to come.

FYI, there's a total of 22 Major Arcana. Think they'll be enough room to use them all in 26 episodes?
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 08:09   Link #1333
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

god i love this anime!

I couldnt stop laughing in this ep and from playing the game i know theres alot more to come!

I hope they dont leave out the "hold the line" gag from the game

atm Chie is the best girl but i think Risa will steal the show from this point onwards
Old 2011-11-25, 08:35   Link #1334
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Huh, did Kanji say if he were childhood friends with Naoki in the game? Seems like it was something added to the anime. Speaking of which, that was a pretty short S. Link (good; the less time spent on Hanged Man, the better).

Spoiler for Game spoilers:

Also, I am disappointed at the absence of animal crackers in this episode.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 09:53   Link #1335
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
How do you see him as not so comedic character? Doesn't the Kanji(game version)

Spoiler:
Everything that you mentioned in the spoiler isn't necessarily funny or created for comedy.
Old 2011-11-25, 10:42   Link #1336
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
FYI, there's a total of 22 Major Arcana. Think they'll be enough room to use them all in 26 episodes?
There are only 21 in Persona (the final arcana is ignored S-Link wise) and 5 of them are mostly auto-magical which leaves 16. Considering they already maxed out Moon and did half of Strength in a single episode, it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
Speaking of which, that was a pretty short S. Link (good; the less time spent on Hanged Man, the better).
It's not over.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 11:08   Link #1337
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Another brilliant episode. This series really does some of the best comedy and slice of life stories I've seen in a while. Too bad a lot of people don't seem to appreciate what the anime does best.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:47   Link #1338
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Too bad a lot of people don't seem to appreciate what the anime does best.
And too bad some people can't see the thing as a whole. The comedy is one aspect of the series, but there are others that have not been as well developed. Especially when you seem to deviate a little too much from the original material regarding some things.
Old 2011-11-25, 12:16   Link #1339
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Very enjoyable episode =03. As zeniselv said, this ep was animated much, much better than previous ones, and for the entirety of the episode no less, so visually it was definitely a treat (^.^)! I esp liked the girls in those swimwuits; they were animated so very cute in them.

Also, I never found Kanji's issues to be about his sexuality preference. It seemed to me that he simply had issues being called "feminine" because such a brutish-looking guy likes girly things. He's never shown to like guys. And even though Kanji was blushing at that detective, that was simply because Kanji[thought] he was being confessed to, which he found embarrassing, not because Kanji found the guy attractive. The end of this ep more or less proves that he gets embarrassed at such things, as I'm sure he never found the buta-girl attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Uh, it seems to me that they're betting on MC and Yukiko. Really. Fine with me, as long as it's not Chie (not that I don't like her but the couple itself is way too off for me).
As a char, I like Chie better, and I get what you mean when you say Yuu/Chie is "off", but I'm less fond of Yousuke/Chie. Actually, I'd prefer if they not always pair Chie with Yousuke and Yukiko with Yuu, which they've done at every opportunity, and switch it up a little; even though Yuki and Yousuke are very incompatible, even for normal conversation.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 14:17   Link #1340
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Damn my ribs is hurting while watching this eps, they make this adaptation crazier than it was.. I dunno if that's good or not, but that's a great watch.

And this is easily the funniest thing that I watched in years. I love this adaptation regardless all the QUALITY problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Another brilliant episode. This series really does some of the best comedy and slice of life stories I've seen in a while. Too bad a lot of people don't seem to appreciate what the anime does best.
Yep.

But the sales tearing the market anyways.

Tags
action, fantasy