AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 08:26   Link #361
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I'm a little too busy right now to answer your post properly Sazelyt, that will wait a few hours.
But rejoice, the spoiler pics of the end of the chapter are out!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 08:36   Link #362
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm a little too busy right now to answer your post properly Sazelyt, that will wait a few hours.
But rejoice, the spoiler pics of the end of the chapter are out!
I am not worried, and I didn't have a single doubt that you will let this one go.

Spoiler:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 08:51   Link #363
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 09:00   Link #364
ShikaShika
無罪

Spoiler:
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 09:39   Link #365
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
A lot of the 2ch folks think Kishimoto is trying to make him into the Naruto Batman. I saw a doujinshi not long ago that features Shikamaru and Temari as a married couple that fights and solves crime around the ninja countries. It sort of picked up on the Batman theme. If I ever see it again I'll probably buy it.
WTF? Why did you quote something to me that I didn't say? Kinda Smeezy if you ask me. . .

As for this quote, Shikamaru WILL NOT be able to compare to naruto and akastuki directly because he is a low power skill ninja, not a high power damage type ninja. That is why he can fight against Hidan. If Hidan was spaming dual elemental jutsus like Jirya, or Kakuzu, then he would be seriously outclassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Spoiler:
Why look on the down side of things? If Hidan is taken out, then he could always be replaced by someone cooler like Tobi. Althou sasori was pretty cool to be replaced that easily. Pluss if you are a one trick pony with low skills and intelegence, then I think that kakashi prolly could have beaten him 1 on 1. Maybe even guy or neji as well.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-18 at 09:56. Reason: Don't double post
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 10:09   Link #366
naruto89

so is that 2nd spoiler version legit if so could you please put a complete summary up im dying to know, but in the meantime could you tell me about any interaction on narutos part thanx in advance
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 10:28   Link #367
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
WTF? Why did you quote something to me that I didn't say? Kinda Smeezy if you ask me. . .
Why the hell are you getting bent all out of shape? It was an accident. Blame the cruddy quote button. It was suppose to quote kikko_s but somehow got you. Like I'd want to quote you.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 10:59   Link #368
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Waiting...waiting. God damn you manga gods! Haven't we suffered the wait enough?!
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 11:11   Link #369
ShikaShika
無罪

Yeah, should be out now, shouldn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Why look on the down side of things? If Hidan is taken out, then he could always be replaced by someone cooler like Tobi. Althou sasori was pretty cool to be replaced that easily. Pluss if you are a one trick pony with low skills and intelegence, then I think that kakashi prolly could have beaten him 1 on 1. Maybe even guy or neji as well.
Well, Hidan was cool in my opinion, at least the character concept. If this is the end of him then the coolness died with him I'm afraid. It's just that he's been hyped with his invincibility and his rituals... That's quite sad seeing him go that fast. Here's hoping Kakuzu lasts a little longer, but since Naruto is a 'completely new ninja' I guess Kakuzu will die at his hands in the next chapter...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 12:20   Link #370
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Here's an interesting thought. Has Naruto actually killed anyone yet? I mean he's gone at people with killing intent I suppose like Deidara. But that was under 9tails influence. He's still pretty much an innocent nin.
Old 2007-01-18, 12:30   Link #371
Rahan

He killed the sand jounin who was impersonated by Itachi.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 12:48   Link #372
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Ah yeah! I did forget about that one.
I was going to read all of part 2 again but I think I might actually wait til its animated. Some things I've forgotten may suprise me all over again.
Old 2007-01-18, 12:56   Link #373
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Spoiler:
Heh, I just knew this scene would come since Shika and Hidan came to this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I am not worried, and I didn't have a single doubt that you will let this one go.
You thought I would let go of a discussion going nowhere after only 2 posts? You kind of hurt my feeling you know :P

So I don't see how leaving Hidan to the other is really an issue since Kakashi did leave Hidan to Shikamaru alone anyway.
The part about emotional plan is completely beside the point, Shika is emotional yes. But Kakashi's decision isn't emotional in anyways. The choice to strike Kakuzu with a MS attack or the Raikiri doesn't hold a schred of particular feeling, it's just a tactical decision.
You also say that Kakashi could have easily used the MS on Kakuzu and Hidan when they were immobilized whereas your point was that Kakashi could have used the MS if he was fighting alone.
You can't have one with the other, without the group Hidan and Kakuzu wouldn't have been immobilized, with the group they were immobilized (Kakuzu only for a short period of time though) but Kakashi chose not to use the MS.
At this point you can say that Kakashi may have become better with the MS and that he could have done a better work with it but this 1/an assumption and 2/not what Kakashi himself decided to do.

About avoiding Kakuzu attacks : the choice to avoid these attacks? He did only barely avoid the Wind attack that teared off his cloths to save himself. The Raiton he had to counter was indeed to save Shika & Chouji but without them he would have been the target anyway.
These 2 example show that when Kakashi tried to avoid the attack it was hard and when he had to block them he had to give it all.
Again Kakuzu was idle for only a short moment because Shika made sure of that. Kakashi alone wouldn't have had that.

Just as you assume that Kakashi is significantly slower without any indication of such weakness, I can say that Kakuzu should be twice as fast as he is because he's been awake and sealing 2 Bijuu since a week.
The difference of speed between Kakashi and Kakuzu's tentacles is huge no matter how you look at it anyway : Kakashi didn't only get caught twice, he get caught without even being able to try to dodge whereas he has the Sharingan.
At least the first time he was in middle-air so that may have been understandable but he was caught just as easily on the ground before he could even have the slightest reaction. And yeah he said "fast". Which when you were powerlessly immobilized was by definition "too fast". Way too fast.
Old 2007-01-18, 12:59   Link #374
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Spoiler:
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 13:10   Link #375
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
So I don't see how leaving Hidan to the other is really an issue since Kakashi did leave Hidan to Shikamaru alone anyway.
I think that both Kakashi and Shikamaru are intelligent enough to come to the conclusion that Kakuzu is far more stronger than Hidan. And knowing that it's just natural for Kakashi to think that Shikamaru is at least as good against Hidan as all the others together are good against Kakuzu.

And even more importantly Kakashi knows Shikamaru's plan, and we see that Shikamaru could proceed according the plan while the other's are in much more danger, their part of the plan was unsuccessful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Spoiler:
Didn't Naruto won the bet against Tsunade? He was supposed to master the rasengan, however in average combat situations he could do it only with using a clone. So if we look at it in a strict way Naruto did not won the bet.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 13:22   Link #376
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-18, 13:30   Link #377
Rahan

Quote:
Spoiler:
I guess no-one listens to Tsunade anymore. Danzou for Hokage !

Seriously, maybe his Windsengan (I still can't remember the japanese name) is another usable-despite-incomplete justsu, just like Rasengan.
Maybe, the final product will be something else.
Old 2007-01-18, 13:41   Link #378
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I guess no-one listens to Tsunade anymore. Danzou for Hokage !

Seriously, maybe his Windsengan (I still can't remember the japanese name) is another usable-despite-incomplete justsu, just like Rasengan.
Maybe, the final product will be something else.
Spoiler for The Final Product:
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 14:55   Link #379
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

You know there is one thing this arc will settle : under who Sasuke should have trained to accomplish his revenge.

Forget Kakashi, forget Orochimaru.
If Sasuke had followed Shikamaru's lead, Itachi would be long dead.
Old 2007-01-18, 15:09   Link #380
Rahan

Shikamaru has not enough intelligence about Itachi to take him on.

All he could know (what Sasuke knew) about Itachi was :
  • his kunai throwing skills are awesome (kunai have always been proved useless in real combat in Naruto)
  • he can make you faint and have funny illusions just by looking at you
  • he can counter Sasuke's Chidori just like if it was a Sakura pre-timeskip's punch

Nothing about Itachi's main strengths and weaknesses (Sasuke had no idea what Amaterasu is nor how affected Itachi is after using it). Shika wouldn't be able to make something efficient.