AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 20.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 15.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 10.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.12%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-11, 13:15   Link #261
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
The meanings of both symbols were made clear in both the VN and the anime.

The screenshots I posted just show the mistake which was made.
Yeah but my point is that they ARE REAL SYMBOLS that Solomon used himself. Solomon was also in contract with many demons which makes Beatrice IN CONTRACT with Demons also.

Therefore she evil from the moment she used these symbols herself.

Although other witches MIGHT NOT BE LIKE HER! Which means they have other contracts that may be not demonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
-Suit Beatrice gained 1-2 cup it seems
Seems she did indeed! You are referring to that scene with her in the school uniform here:

In regards to that will there BE ANY SCENES OF BEATRICE NAKED? I wonder. OwO
Old 2009-09-11, 13:18   Link #262
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is, if she actually made them. Isn't that partly what Battler is trying to prove...that she didn't do any of this...that it was all by human hands....no magic, no witches, no demons.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:30   Link #263
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dk View Post
Spoiler for game spoilers and thoughts:
Spoiler for game thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
I don't understand the logic, why buttle is still trying to deny the witch existence. I will be freaked out seeing maria head alive..
Two things need to be addressed here:
1. Maria was not just a head on a plate in the game. They changed that for the anime.
2. Proof of magic in the Meta-World does not constitute proof of magic in the real/game world. If Battler believes the Meta-World is some sort of afterlife (it is officially called "Purgatorio" in the games), then it is completely acceptable for absurd acts of magic to occur there.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:42   Link #264
June 1983

Spoiler for Genji:

One small thing that bothered me about the banquet scene in the anime incidentally was that they didn't make clear that Kinzo WANTED to be eaten. He wanted to go to the Golden Land with Beatrice. In the game he was laughing as he died.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:44   Link #265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Suit Beatrice seems to be about the size of Shannon in the chest department.

(No Battler, no cutting them off...they are better fresh on the cow).
Old 2009-09-11, 13:49   Link #266
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Spoiler for game thoughts:
Spoiler for VN (just in case!):

I was really looking forward to the events of this episode, and enjoyed it overall. While I am a bit disappointed that Lambda didn't get more screen-time, this really isn't her time to shine in the story; that'll come later. As long as DEEN gets her next appearance right, I'll be a happy camper.
Old 2009-09-11, 14:25   Link #267
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I love how Natsuhi and Rosa's attempts are essentially labeled as one-sided rape. Poor gals, they never had a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaizuUsa View Post
Eh. The episode was so-so..but..

WIN ON THE TEN YEARS TO EARLY FOR EATING MARIA LINE!<3

LOL, yeah. Battler has a blond cousin, a female family servant, and the hottest mom ever, all of whom have bust sizes that would give back problems, yet, they're all unavailable to him. Battler could choose to flirt with an old lady or a loli, and he chose the loli.

I am tempted to photoshop a pedobear head onto battler's face.

Edit: err, I made it sound like he could have banged the listed people. I meant that in the sense of preference.
Old 2009-09-11, 15:12   Link #268
Solachinx
is a myth

So, what's so ad about this episode? Sure, it felt rushed, but nothing that abd outside of nitpicks.
Old 2009-09-11, 15:49   Link #269
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
They already cut that one, damn deen should burn in hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I love how Natsuhi and Rosa's attempts are essentially labeled as one-sided rape. Poor gals, they never had a chance.
Or maybe they were both the culprits in their respective arcs ?
Old 2009-09-11, 16:10   Link #270
luckyssol

Quote:
Yeah but my point is that they ARE REAL SYMBOLS that Solomon used himself. Solomon was also in contract with many demons which makes Beatrice IN CONTRACT with Demons also.

Therefore she evil from the moment she used these symbols herself.

Although other witches MIGHT NOT BE LIKE HER! Which means they have other contracts that may be not demonic.
Yep, the symbols are real symbols that Solomon used but no one is 100% sure that it was Beatrice that sent them in the letters/painted the walls.

Quote:
will there BE ANY SCENES OF BEATRICE NAKED? I wonder. OwO
I would tell you if there were further scenes from the VN... BUT THAT WOULD BE A SPOILER.
Old 2009-09-11, 16:27   Link #271
Evy

Spoiler for goats nomnom:
Old 2009-09-11, 16:31   Link #272
MarthX

Unlock episode 3 and you can use chapter select for episode 2. It's Banquet of the Witch.
Old 2009-09-11, 16:57   Link #273
matteas
Member Member

I can't say that I didn't enjoy this episode, but it lacks a lot. The atmosphere wasn't as creepy as in VN. Well, it can't be helped when it has to be rushed. It would be nice if they added a lot of additional footage into DVD / BR release.
Maria's head seemed funny to me, not creepy at all. That was a fail.

As for the preview, Ronove looks pretty sexy XD
Old 2009-09-11, 17:46   Link #274
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:

There's this one part..... that should have been in this episode.... From the VN...... Something like this:

Spoiler for NSFW - part taken out of anime ep.:

How'd you think she changed her clothes?
Old 2009-09-11, 18:15   Link #275
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
There's this one part..... that should have been in this episode.... From the VN...... Something like this:

Spoiler for NSFW - part taken out of anime ep.:

How'd you think she changed her clothes?
Yup.

Spoiler for VN:

I'm not sure, but I thought Maria was still attached to her body when that scene happened with Rosa? And I thought she didn't go insane too. I'll have to replay it. But yes, I was so glad they kept Battler and Beato's lines.
Really excited for future episodes.
Old 2009-09-11, 18:19   Link #276
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
Yup.

Spoiler for VN:

I'm not sure, but I thought Maria was still attached to her body when that scene happened with Rosa? And I thought she didn't go insane too. I'll have to replay it. But yes, I was so glad they kept Battler and Beato's lines.
Really excited for future episodes.
Her head was attached to her body. In the VN she was about to be baked, and the goats brought her in so she could talk to Rosa one last time or something. And there was no creepyness either.

Little Busters!
Old 2009-09-11, 19:47   Link #277
Viridian

Not having read the VN, the episode was indeed confusing.

Pluses: Rosa and Maria taking on the goatheads was pretty awesome, with great music.
Rosa's dinner scene was pleasantly gruesome, though I'm not sure if she's alive or dead at this point (evidently this scene was located in Purgatory in the game, so I guess it's the latter). It's also a bit strange to reveal her secret resentment of her family members after she makes her final reconciliation with Maria, surely it would have been more touching the other way around?

Minuses: The incomprehensible sequence of events, as mentioned earlier. I'm all for a little wierdness, but this was just random, really.
Beatrice happily slaughters the Ushiromiya family again, this time explicitly using magic, and Original Battler just says "Yeah, well, I still don't believe you're a witch, let's go for round three!" I understand that what we, the viewer saw was probably not what Original Battler saw, but it's pretty hard to empathise with him as a result. (Whether what was presented was what actually transpired is an interesting question.)
Had been hoping to see all seven stakes in human form by the end of this arc
Old 2009-09-11, 19:57   Link #278
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
Not having read the VN, the episode was indeed confusing.

Pluses: Rosa and Maria taking on the goatheads was pretty awesome, with great music.
Rosa's dinner scene was pleasantly gruesome, though I'm not sure if she's alive or dead at this point (evidently this scene was located in Purgatory in the game, so I guess it's the latter). It's also a bit strange to reveal her secret resentment of her family members after she makes her final reconciliation with Maria, surely it would have been more touching the other way around?

Minuses: The incomprehensible sequence of events, as mentioned earlier. I'm all for a little wierdness, but this was just random, really.
Beatrice happily slaughters the Ushiromiya family again, this time explicitly using magic, and Original Battler just says "Yeah, well, I still don't believe you're a witch, let's go for round three!" I understand that what we, the viewer saw was probably not what Original Battler saw, but it's pretty hard to empathise with him as a result. (Whether what was presented was what actually transpired is an interesting question.)
In the VN as well, EP2 is the most confusing episode by far. Ryuukishi even admitted that he probably made it a little too 'hard' for the casual reader, and the anime version is even harder, if anything.

Hopefully, the anime version of EP3 will address a lot of the questions from this arc. Even so, EP3 is a question arc, so there are more new questions than answers. But at least you'll have a general idea of what's going on.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-09-11, 19:59   Link #279
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Ah, that is the same in the novel. Before Episode3 I kept asking myself why the stakes were so popular since they are so meaningless characters in Episode2, but I had to change my mind.

Old 2009-09-11, 23:05   Link #280
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Unlock episode 3 and you can use chapter select for episode 2. It's Banquet of the Witch.
Thank you. I hadn't tried replaying the Episodes yet and didn't realize there was a chapter select. I've looked through that part four times just now: From the time he introduces Beatrice to the crowd until Rosa-Musou starts there are no more mentions of Genji. There is no way to determine his fate from the evidence given.

To those who are confused about this episode: Yeah, that's probably how most VN players felt after Episode 2 as well. Don't worry too much; it will start making more sense as the series goes on.
Closed Thread