Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 05:17   Link #3761
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Update: Konakaga needed water = We stomp a Dominion match with me as Xin Zhao and Konakaga as Quinn. The match literally lasted for like 10-12 minutes and was clearly dominated by our team. One of my favorite moments was when I dashed into Ahri, Brand, and Ezreal for a triple kill. Although Teemo is always there to end my killing spree.
I am really liking Quinn, at least on dominion , maybe the buffs next patch will make me like on SR too.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 17:25   Link #3762
Kreceir

I played a match as Shen Jungle, After I asked my team to get an smiteless blue so that I could invade their red buff worked. I almost died but my Top laner helped me with my escape gaining him the Double kill, and double assist for me.

at the 8 min mark I was already lvl 10 and the enemy Nautilus was only lvl 5

and I kept stealing his big creep / blue or red when ever it was up.
Ended the match with me as lvl 14 and Nautilus only lvl 9.

(It also helped me that my Mid laner was Katarina so that I could just get all the blue's and red for my self Early game)
Old 2013-04-23, 08:24   Link #3763
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So today I had someone ban nasus 1st ban even, and claim it's a legit, even standard thing .

Is this something from NA/EU pros making people think Nasus is that good, I mean I've seen him picked in some odd matches for Korean OGN, but never ban or 1st pick tier, or this person just crazy.
MAL
Old 2013-04-23, 08:50   Link #3764
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So today I had someone ban nasus 1st ban even, and claim it's a legit, even standard thing .

Is this something from NA/EU pros making people think Nasus is that good, I mean I've seen him picked in some odd matches for Korean OGN, but never ban or 1st pick tier, or this person just crazy.
Nasus being banned isn't really a regular ban, but he is not unbanned either, hes basically the champ right now that you sometimes see banned when the usual banned champs are not banned (boy, that wording was terrible).

Nasus in my opinion is in a good place right now, hes not too strong but not too weak either, a lot of people probably like his high tanking + high damage once you get to late games. I think nasus is basically being over-estimated because he was so bad for so long and now he is actually a playable champ and his kit has a lot to offer. Good kit + balanced numbers = a good champion.

As for him being first ban, it probably didn't matter since it was unlikely the other team would ban him so the position you banned him in would be near irrelevant.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:46   Link #3765
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nasus is a standard late-game bloomer, but he doesn't get picked often because:

1. His most common starting spot is the jungle; his clear time is below average and he can't fully take advantage of SS while rushing it.
2. Going top instead is another option, but the champion roster has seen a considerable jump in solo top entries, so he's usually left behind.
3. He is extremely prone to getting kited; enemies with continuous or powerful slows will dominate him in short skirmishes (e.g. time warp x2 completely shuts him down even with cleanse/QSS).

Still, I think he is a force to be reckoned with for a number of reasons:

1. 3 bonus damage per kill is huge, netting 100 creeps equals the power bonus of a fully leveled skill. Plus, Q costs little and has a low cooldown...not to mention, it can crit for 1000+ dmg.
2. He can tank like a bawss, even an entire team, on occasion. Wither is a powerful disable for enemy ADCs and his ultimate really shifts the focus in teamfights, so his kit is a valuable game-breaker in objective control.
3. Although unusual, he can tp-crash turrets in an attempt to backdoor or just split push while spamming Q and recovering in a nearby jungle.

All that said, I haven't touched Nasus in about...9 months or so? No clue what his popular builds are atm, I'll have to check it out once I get back to LoL (hopefully tomorrow). Wouldn't ban him out of a ranked game though, if anyone picked Nasus I'd just counter-pick and make sure he feeds...a lot.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 14:59   Link #3766
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Oh my I seem to have totally missed that, could you please explain what was happening in short or post a link to what happened?
If my memory hasn't failed, basically during one of the streamed CRS vs CLG scrims, Dbllift's "screen blocker" bugged out, revealing for a split second a conversation between him and Cop. This being the internet, someone still SS'd the convo.

In essence, Cop asked Dbllift what are they missing in bot lane in comparison to him and aphro. Dbllift being the blunt guy that he is, pretty much said something to the effect of "you have no support" or something like that.

Not only that, but I think it was Dbllift who also had a convo with Saint, where Saint was complaining something about his team's bot lane always losing or something like that. Dbllift then said something like, of course, you have Elementz on your team. Saint pretty much agree in this private convo.

Hours after this has been leaked, Elementz came out with a vlog explaining his side of the story.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Note HotshotGG also commented that what Saint did was pretty shitty. He might be the shotcaller, but he isn't "Team Leader/Captain" material or something. He said that if he is supposed to act like one, he shouldn't do anything remotely close to bashing on Elementz so close to the LCS playoffs, because its gonna ruin team synergy.

And to be honest, HSGG was right. I think CRS went 1-4 during WK10, when they were literally undefeated against the bottom 4 coming into that week.

Doesn't help that the community kept on making fun of Elementz after the TSM vs DIG game, where Xpecial played Sona magnificently.
YouTube
Comments like "That's how you play Sona Elementz" are being thrown around, because Elementz is known to completely whiff Sona ults. One example is the aforementioned scrim, where CLG completely reads Elementz's Sonas ult in the CRS inhib turret, all of them retreating just in time.

So yeah, after all that, it's no wonder that Elementz becomes the "bench king" again.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 01:10   Link #3767
Cream

Oh, seems like Dragoon filled you in. Basically SV was bashing elementz behind his back, it was posted on reddit. Reddit agreed that elementz is really bad. Elementz played bad the week prior to that post so everyone was already on the "holy shit, elementz sucks lol" bandwagon. & of course the reddit community being, well, the reddit community started saying "fuck saintvicious" after ele released his vlog.

The vlog is long and makes you sympathize with what elementz was taking from the community. The biggest thing I took out of the video was this:

They were also streaming their scrims vs CLG where they were getting stomped and ele missed a sona ult by far, like so far you'd think his mouse & keyboard fell off his table when it happened lol. After that you hear chauster/doublelift like screaming/dying of laughter and they're bashing elementz on stream until hotshotgg tells them to shut up and keep playing.

Hotshot knows what it's like to take shit from the community, so i guess he empathized with him and wanted everyone to lay off.

I'm a huge fan of curse, I followed elementz to curse and was happy when saintvicious was soon to join him. I was there for the breakfast kings. It's sad to see how it turned out between the two. I don't think the change of supports was necessary but elementz definitely hasn't been improving as a support player.
Old 2013-04-24, 05:05   Link #3768
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Thanks you two.

Well, Dlift, Xspecial and Stvc are known to be kinda blunt ( read: douches). This is not to say you shouldn't criticize a player when he's playing bad, it's just the way you do it which seperates the immature kid from the professional.

What I find funny is why Elementz always gets benched when his team is doing fine, back then CLG and now Curse. Last time I checked he was part of these two teams and the long process when they rose to be one of the best NA teams. Why does it take a few bad weeks to be benched?

The NA scene seems disgustingly drama heavy.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:45   Link #3769
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Welp, TSM vs GGU in NA finals. Never would've thought GGU would go through Dignitas AND Curse. Dignitas was in a slump after Crumbz's one week vacation, while Curse probably deserved to lose by destroying their team synergy right before the playoffs.

Now the question is, will GGU pull a cinderella or will TSM prove to be again the #1 team in NA?

Old 2013-04-28, 11:50   Link #3770
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow jungle eve by gambit(vs Fanatic) for game 3 in finals(for LCS EU) was pretty impressive .

Edit: Wow game 4 was really something else, I highly suggest it be watched, I haven't been so on the edge of my seat watching a LoL match since the WC for S2.

Edit 2: I am now convinced Zed is just OP atm was such a broken deciding force in each of the games for both teams.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2013-04-28 at 14:14.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:02   Link #3771
Cream

fnatic vs GG was a really good series, I hope GGU vs TSM is similar.

GGU my 2nd favorite team(1st being CRS) hope they can pull something off but TSM looks really strong against them.

CRS threw game 2 vs vulcun and losing 3rd game. :/
Old 2013-04-28, 22:43   Link #3772
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

TSM F YEAH! Them being stupid not banning karthus game 4 made it one game longer than it had to be, but I'm glad they won.

But yeah, stupid Curse. They HAD that game 2, but threw it.

Old 2013-04-29, 00:24   Link #3773
Cream

GGU played really well but TSM played better. Grats to both of them on their achievements, shoutouts to regi for donating $2700 dollars.
Old 2013-04-29, 13:04   Link #3774
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Wow jungle eve by gambit(vs Fanatic) for game 3 in finals(for LCS EU) was pretty impressive .

Edit: Wow game 4 was really something else, I highly suggest it be watched, I haven't been so on the edge of my seat watching a LoL match since the WC for S2.

Edit 2: I am now convinced Zed is just OP atm was such a broken deciding force in each of the games for both teams.
Yeah, Zed can literally jump in your face and ult you to death.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:42   Link #3775
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow riot really went all out on the stuff for Freljord event:
YouTube

Also the particles for Blackfrost Anivia look absolutely amazing, I can see why they decided legendary status for it . As well as the voice over.
MAL
Old 2013-04-30, 19:49   Link #3776
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I must say, I really do love what Riot did with the Frejlord event. Seriously, all the new additions, skins, even game mode! As well as various things to do just makes this patch 5x better then any I've seen. Now All Random All Mid is a game mode!!
Old 2013-04-30, 20:22   Link #3777
Kreceir

I have absolutely the worst luck when it comes to Aram.
Getting Fiora against a full Poke team? that was pretty painful.
(Didn't want to use my reroll...BloodBowl habbit.)
Old 2013-04-30, 20:25   Link #3778
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Kreceir, what's your summoner's name btw? (if you're in the NA servers)
Old 2013-05-01, 07:15   Link #3779
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Wow riot really went all out on the stuff for Freljord event:
YouTube

Also the particles for Blackfrost Anivia look absolutely amazing, I can see why they decided legendary status for it . As well as the voice over.
Freljord a land ruled by freezing women. a land of war... wait women are suppose to be able to eradicate war and conflict just by being the leader aren't they? [/sarcasm]

Easily decided Ashe's side... Still wondering why they decided to cover up Sejauni some more but not ashe, guess the bouncing of those J cups heat her up? XD

Anyway, Snow Day Ziggs and Ice Dragon Shyvana ftw. Ziggs is my ARAM Destroyer, with him I haven't lost a match yet unless my team really sucked.
Old 2013-05-01, 08:09   Link #3780
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah worst patch ever. They absolutely destroyed Tiger Udyr since the tiger shred can't be procced anymore outside of tiger stance. This is on top of the early game nerfs that stance took, which makes tiger udyr pretty much unplayable especially coming from the jungle.

:sigh: I guess I'll just be playing Volibear for now. Maybe would pick up Trundle again, but losing the tenacity makes me apprehensive on trying him again.

EDIT: Fak didn't know you can't use Trundle's ult on creeps anymore. Well, that makes doing early dragons that much harder...

Tags
league of legends, lol