AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 98 69.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 9.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 17:11   Link #61
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
Great episode... and to answer the question regarding why so many people are present at school, this is what i think....

I think it was the "soldiers" who put the bodies in the classroom (since the school has the largest room to contain all the bodies) in order to count how many casualties there are.

I don't really think that's the way how specialized SDF forces act... throwing all the bodies found into a classroom seems a little... huh... how should I put it... ugly?... Wrong?... Awkward?....

I'm pretty sure you get what I mean. I mean, I don't think specialized teams like that work - they at least put something over the bodies to cover them (and they don't usually pile it up.).
Old 2007-08-03, 18:04   Link #62
Aortic

One of the most confounding contradictions of the "body pile scene" is that the soldiers seem to be genuinely intent to helping out, both in Tatarigoroshi when they drag K1 out of the water and when they rescue Satoko. That seems to imply they aren't a part of the Janitors' wipe-out squad. But they must still be covering stuff up, as the scene is more than suspicious...

I hope these questions get answered in the last two arcs, they're boggling my mind.
Old 2007-08-03, 18:24   Link #63
Sumgai
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post
One of the most confounding contradictions of the "body pile scene" is that the soldiers seem to be genuinely intent to helping out, both in Tatarigoroshi when they drag K1 out of the water and when they rescue Satoko. That seems to imply they aren't a part of the Janitors' wipe-out squad. But they must still be covering stuff up, as the scene is more than suspicious...

I hope these questions get answered in the last two arcs, they're boggling my mind.
I too am pretty sure the soldiers themselves did have the intent to help out. Wasn't Akasaka's friend in the first episode of this season a SDF member involved with the lockdown? He seemed pretty clueless to me. However, we can't say the same thing about the ones giving the orders...

I only have one minor complaint about this episode, mainly because I read a little bit minagoroshi beforehand, it's not really that much of a spoiler at all but I'll tag it anyway
Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2007-08-03, 18:46   Link #64
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post

It is possible that the "pilling" might be an easy way to SORT and COUNT the casualties.
but of course, it is strange, but their reaction were pretty genuine with Keiichi and Satoko.

Here we go ! I was able to wrap that insane episode into an analysis under 24 hours.

here is the linky : Episode 5 : Analysis, Thoughts and Random Comments

4 hours on it... need... rest
Old 2007-08-03, 19:09   Link #65
Aisling

Amazing episode...deserves a 12/10.

Spoiler for Episode Events and My Theories:
Old 2007-08-03, 19:26   Link #66
Kryptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is possible that the "pilling" might be an easy way to SORT and COUNT the casualties.
but of course, it is strange, but their reaction were pretty genuine with Keiichi and Satoko.
It still seems somewhat suspect, considering the way that several of the other bodies seem to be left as if they were left where they fell dead. Not to mention that the incident couldn't have happened too long ago. That'd be quite a quick piling there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 19:28   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post

Spoiler for about Rena whereabouts in this chapter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptik View Post
It still seems somewhat suspect, considering the way that several of the other bodies seem to be left as if they were left where they fell dead. Not to mention that the incident couldn't have happened too long ago. That'd be quite a quick piling there....
I concur, it still suspect.
however, keep in mind that there is no specific time. we know the incident occured around midnight, but satoko fell, and probably was inconscious for a while.
It is possible that it is only 3-4 AM.

that said, there are too much holes in this.
Old 2007-08-03, 20:31   Link #68
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Man this episode was painful to watch. Not that it was in bad quality, but it was just so depressing.

Quote:
some misconceptions of Oishi = Mr. Delicious (whomever made this remark should be drug out to the street and shot as well)
Er...kj, you did find out it was a joke on 4chan right? Hell, we even gave him the nickname "Mr. Claude "Big Stone" Delicious.
Old 2007-08-03, 21:51   Link #69
Rias

My theory on Rena's actions is that...she somewhat figured it out what was happening. Recall that Rena is quite a detective. However, I thought that Rena would be able to defend herself better, but I guess it's just material they could've gone into but didn't.

This epsiode was pretty good, but just like the last epsiode, the events rushed a bit too fast. They spent all that time in the beginning to recap the epsiode when they could've spaced out the events a little better. Satoko finally survives the great disaster, which is a first all the arcs available. Although the whole hospital scene was pretty much the same in Taraimawashi-hen, it is definitely good to see more about what happened, and that Ooishi's sharp mind working again.

Now that they have mixed a bit of "new" material from the ps2 game, I think it would be intresting if they mixed some elements from Miotsukushi-hen into Matsuribayashi-hen.

Next epsiode: Finally moves into one of the best arcs ever, Minagoroshi-hen. I know the anime series has a time constrain, but I still hope that they do the timing of the events better that in, say, Tatarigoroshi-hen.
Old 2007-08-03, 22:15   Link #70
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
Man this episode was painful to watch. Not that it was in bad quality, but it was just so depressing.

Er...kj, you did find out it was a joke on 4chan right? Hell, we even gave him the nickname "Mr. Claude "Big Stone" Delicious.
No, I read these while I was at several English blog sites. Several of them actually took that notion seriously. I had to go to them and say that Oishi ≠ Oishii and they realized that they've got them confused.

Besides, I don't see what's funny about this joke in the first place. Are homonyms that sound familiar phonetic-wise, but not syllable-wise taken as a joke in the English world?
Old 2007-08-03, 22:32   Link #71
Mappy
Eat This!

They can be, in the right context. Double entendre phonetically-similar word comedy goes back a looooong way.

Last edited by Mappy; 2007-08-03 at 22:51. Reason: Added a bit more to the answer, to clarify....
Old 2007-08-03, 23:04   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Right now I'm finding it hard to have any optimism for the future. Just look at these guys. Certainly professionals be it mercenaries, assasins, or whatever. They've got the seriously dangerous skills, tools, and weaponry. How the heck is Rika supposed to stop this kind've thing from happening?

Really can't blame her for being depressed considering the shear force she is up against here. It's tough enough to just keep her friends sane and from being a danger themselves. As for not fighting back I'd be with Rika on saying what's the point? She couldn't even handle Shion yet she's supposed to put up a battle against these guys? Sure it would look nice to put up a good fight, but she knew the outcome wouldn't change. Fighting them could've caused more trouble and possibly give away Satoko's position.

Can't really blame Rena for not making it out of that. Sure she was plenty dangerous when she was unstable. But at that point she seemed pretty sharp and probably not in the best condition to take these guys on even if she had that cleaver. It's pretty possible she was hanging out in her hideout and came back to find this happening. Sadly she couldn't escape and met a sad fate.
Old 2007-08-04, 01:38   Link #73
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

Spoiler for biggest give-away:

Quote:
the beginning 1/4 of this episode took place in almost complete darkness. It was rather depressing just hearing Rika and Satoko speaking but nothing tangible was seen on screen, lol.
Old 2007-08-04, 02:58   Link #74
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
No, I read these while I was at several English blog sites. Several of them actually took that notion seriously. I had to go to them and say that Oishi ≠ Oishii and they realized that they've got them confused.

Besides, I don't see what's funny about this joke in the first place. Are homonyms that sound familiar phonetic-wise, but not syllable-wise taken as a joke in the English world?
This is pretty much why: http://lurkmore.com/wiki/index.php?t...#Mr._Delicious

It stems further than just the extra syllable.
Old 2007-08-04, 06:19   Link #75
Jimmy C

One thing I'd like to know is, was Satoko unconcious for a whole 24 hours? Otherwise, the following sequence of events has to occur in less than 6 hours.

Spoiler for events:

I can't see the first happening before morning, so the second can't happen before it does. 3 to 6 could happen in that timeframe, but police would never know there was a murder because nobody would be able to report it before the Disaster.
Old 2007-08-04, 07:37   Link #76
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon;
I asked that question too (look up). Klashikari kindly gave me an answer to it, but I had to figure out for myself why there were people there too. Some points that might help you (if you're too lazy to go up and read Klashi's post, here's a digest):

Spoiler:

If you can answer those questions, I guess you'll pretty much have the answer for it. ^^ Credit Klashikari for her deductive powers. xD

Wow. Now that's confusing. How did you imagine her to be? xD
Ooh Thanks For That!

I Thought that episode was the best episode in season 2 so far.
I Felt sorry for Satoko though :[

Spoiler for just an idea?:

Confused. o_O .

Old 2007-08-04, 08:04   Link #77
Kazuki_Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post
Ooh Thanks For That!

I Thought that episode was the best episode in season 2 so far.
I Felt sorry for Satoko though :[

Spoiler for just an idea?:

Confused. o_O .
Spoiler for Episode 26:
Old 2007-08-04, 09:58   Link #78
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up

As expected of Higurashi a brilliant episode that you could not walk away from no matter how sad it was. One of the elements of Higurashi that has always kept me interested was the emtional and pshycological aspects of it. No doubt this is a series that will always come to mind when im asked whats one of the best animes you have ever seen.

Watching Rika's death was painful for me because she is my favorite character. But beyond that her sad sad fate she has resided her self to sitting and waiting for death. I can not even begin how it feels to know that a horrible event will happen over and over and there is nothing i can do to prevent it, and I myself will die and tagic death and im doomed to repeat it again and again. The time of Rika's death confused me because i always assumed she was killed in the afternoon since her body was discovered during the daylight hours. But i figured it out after sitting and thinking for a while.

The MIG sure know how to carry out an operation. Everyone was conviently gathered at the school with the exception of Satoko and Rena. It was so strange that they were all gathered at school around midnight with there normal clothes on. Which leads me to beleive that the school is the meeting point if there is an emergency and they were all gased there. Seeing the horrible painful looks on the childrens faces along with our main characters was horrible, but this is Higurashi so i have come to expect this.

Satoko's entire story was tragic first her being shunned by the community and losing her brother along with RIka's weird behaviour as her date with destiny approached. I am not surprised that her psyhce snapped after witnessing the grusome events. The fact that she was the last survivor meant that certain clue could have been discovered by Ooshi unfournetly her comatose state and her untimely death at the hands of the nurse (we all know she did it) severed any hope of finding out what really happened during the GHD.

Rena's hat and her and Satoko's connection confused me at first but after going back and watching the episode for the 2nd time i got. Turns out i was over thinking it for it was quite simple. What i got was Rena was not at the school because she was during her usual happy hunting probably at the junk yard. She either witnessed the gassing at the school or some other event and she tried to flee, to no avail. She was caught and killed most likley sliced and diced which caused the blood to get on her hat the wind blew the hat into the revine. It was found later and mentioned to Satoko who figured Rena was in the same situation as her running for her life. I am only speculation since from what i can tell Rena and Satoko did not see each other at all that night. The hat was clue that was out of the sphere of control for the MIG, its a clue that should not have existed but was and somehow made Satako realize that it was a clue from Rena even though it was accident.

So i think iv gotten most of the things down Higurashi can be very confusing at times so paying attention is a must. My only questions now which im sure will be answered by the end of Kai is who are the MIG which orginzation are they working for they must be a third party. Who would have a grudge so big that they would plan out the extirmination of over 2,000 people so methodically, not to mention there are still people missing im sure they were killed and their bodies hidden because they were outside the sphere of GHD and would mess up the time table, like Rena whose body will never be found i bet. This was a well thought out and well excuted plan that Probably took years to put into action. I cant wait to know the whole truth yet i will be sad because that means Higurashi is over.

If i have missed or i was wrong about any events could someone please correct me.

Next episode Hanyuu makes her official debut and we learn the rules of the game. I can hardly contain my self.
Old 2007-08-04, 11:22   Link #79
Level E
みwiki

Spoiler for thoughts about Yakusamashi-hen...:
Old 2007-08-04, 11:35   Link #80
Echoes

This was without a doubt the best episode in the second season so far, and one of the most thrilling ones I've seen altogether. I simply love watching more pieces of the puzzle fall into place, though some new questions are also raised.
Those knives the "hitmen" use to carry out the killings seem to be a terribly painful way to dispose of someone, what could the reason be for such a brutal murderweapon. I wonder, I wonder?