AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 51 48.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 12.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-17, 05:13   Link #21
joshualimm

Fantastic episode!!!

Btw, the preview for eps 8 was hilarious~~!!! esp with Hanyuu's ".. hau?" KYAAAA!!!!! Can anyone translate the preview? :P
Old 2007-08-17, 12:27   Link #22
Varisha
zero no dai fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
Did I really hear what I think I did there? Keiichi x Ooishi... *claws her eyes out* 
Old 2007-08-17, 13:47   Link #23
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
im guessing that at this rate, theyll be able to spen at least half of the series on the final arc, it would make sense
Old 2007-08-17, 20:48   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varisha View Post
Did I really hear what I think I did there? Keiichi x Ooishi... *claws her eyes out* 
I do feel i did hear "keiichi-seme to Ooishi-uke".
i don't even think fangirls would like THIS either... maybe keiichi and satoshi, but THIS
Old 2007-08-17, 21:08   Link #25
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I do feel i did hear "keiichi-seme to Ooishi-uke".
i don't even think fangirls would like THIS either... maybe keiichi and satoshi, but THIS
Man, Rika has bad taste. It's the other way around! (違
Old 2007-08-17, 22:07   Link #26
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
LMFAO...Come on, the whole "My car is air-conditioned, let's talk in there Maebara-san" bit is perfect yaoi fodder...
Old 2007-08-17, 23:06   Link #27
MezzoDragon

Hanyuu is very silly and funny. It is a shame the others (with the exception of Rena) cannot see her.
Old 2007-08-18, 00:01   Link #28
QuestionableLogic

Ok I waited long enough for someone to bring this up.

Yamainu. Discuss.
Old 2007-08-18, 04:20   Link #29
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Very nice episode. They had to change/leave out quite a few things, but they were understandable. The first part pretty much drove home the point that Rule X is no longer in effect in this chapter. The second part involved Rika's deal with Takano and Tomitake, which for the first time forshadowed the true relationship between Takano, Irie, and Tomitake, as well as Tomitake's true identity.

I laughed when Akasaka showed up. I'm gonna hate his onsen ass later.

The final part where Rika tested the "protection" placed around her is the first hint at who those men in greens really work for.
Still, poor Rika and her misunderstanding.

The preview with the Comiket talk was funny. I would've liked to see a Keiichi-seme Irie-u(ry
Old 2007-08-18, 05:56   Link #30
QuestionableLogic

Imagine being someone who has never read the tips or spoilers.

All of a sudden finding out Takano has an organization and they are the same guys that murder Rika. To think that in any of the past arcs neither Rika nor Hanyuu recognize the men in uniform.

What's with that? It's seriously bothering me and my brain can't take it!
Old 2007-08-18, 08:28   Link #31
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
auauau~

This will be interesting.
Old 2007-08-18, 09:44   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableLogic View Post
Imagine being someone who has never read the tips or spoilers.

All of a sudden finding out Takano has an organization and they are the same guys that murder Rika. To think that in any of the past arcs neither Rika nor Hanyuu recognize the men in uniform.
There were enough clues thourough the anime, demonstrating that Irie, Tomitake and Takano weren't exactly simple "doctor, cameraman/journalist and nurse".
Adding what you know in yakusamashi etc, many puzzle pieces are forming a somewhat "clear" picture.

That said, the fact Rika was unable to identify the yamainu is because:
1) it is pitchblack (well for yakusamashi-hen)
2) it is answered in the game (as soon as Rika "woke up" from her fall in the start of Minagoroshi) that Rika's memories are erased some moments before her death. it isn't explained if it is because of the reset and/or the drugs the men injected to her, while restraining her.

Rika knows people are aiming at her, but she isn't able to tell who they are. Since hanyuu is connected to her senses as well, you can tell she isn't unable to bear what Rika was feeling.
It is obvious she doesn't know about the Yamainu, and the anime is "more" convenient because of the third perspective.
Old 2007-08-18, 13:01   Link #33
fubar84

Episode highlight:

Spoiler:

This series is turning out to be awesome, although many of us probably knew from the start
Old 2007-08-18, 13:32   Link #34
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Brilliant episode! Things happened a bit too fast but this is understandable. I have never been one for moe antics but Takano's outburst of joy and cuteness and Hanyuu stoping with her foot in the warehouse were awesome. I remembered from the game (and it was strongly hinted in the anime anyway) that Takano and Tomi were part of some organization but I didn't expect the MIG to take part in only the second episode of the arc. It seems obvious they are the "yamainu" but I have learned not to trust the obvious in this series. If they work for the organization of Takano then who kills Takano, Irie and Tomitake and why doesn't the same culprit target the MIG, too? Takano doesn't seem to believe in Oyashiro-sama, she just marvels at the ingenuity of whoever came up with this religion, using fear instead of miracles - if the organization doesn't believe either, why would they kill Rika in front of the altar? It seems that every revelation brings even more unsolved questions. If Takano knows at least a large part of what's going on the village due to being a part of the organization, what's the point of all the scrapbooks full of theories she has?

Akasaka's wife is alive? I think I badly need to rewatch the episodes with him from the first season...

Old 2007-08-18, 13:42   Link #35
Kryptik

....Did Takano throw in a 'HAUU~' for good measure, too?! O_o
Old 2007-08-18, 14:36   Link #36
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Brilliant episode! Things happened a bit too fast but this is understandable. I have never been one for moe antics but Takano's outburst of joy and cuteness and Hanyuu stoping with her foot in the warehouse were awesome. I remembered from the game (and it was strongly hinted in the anime anyway) that Takano and Tomi were part of some organization but I didn't expect the MIG to take part in only the second episode of the arc. It seems obvious they are the "yamainu" but I have learned not to trust the obvious in this series. If they work for the organization of Takano then who kills Takano, Irie and Tomitake and why doesn't the same culprit target the MIG, too? Takano doesn't seem to believe in Oyashiro-sama, she just marvels at the ingenuity of whoever came up with this religion, using fear instead of miracles - if the organization doesn't believe either, why would they kill Rika in front of the altar? It seems that every revelation brings even more unsolved questions. If Takano knows at least a large part of what's going on the village due to being a part of the organization, what's the point of all the scrapbooks full of theories she has?

Akasaka's wife is alive? I think I badly need to rewatch the episodes with him from the first season...
Ohh, well done remembering the scrapbook. Takano didn't believe any of the stuff she wrote in there. So when she gave it to Rena her intentions weren't to show Rena the truth, but to deceive and activate the "paranoia disease" they keep talking about. Takano is definately suspicious, but there's still no clues about her position in the conspiracy and why she would do that to Rena, or why she would cause Rika's shrine sacrifice or the great disaster.

Branding someone as the culprit won't solve the case, it's the motives that are important. But still, Rika trusts Takano, Irie, Tomitake too much. They can do whatever they want and it'll never come to light. Much may be revealed in this chapter...but I'm convicted it'll end in another ugly massacre like all chapters before it. Hell, that's what this chapter is titled.
Old 2007-08-18, 14:49   Link #37
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

I'm really enjoying this series. Waiting a week between each episode is painful of course. I think this is about as far as I've played the game so I will be completely in the dark from here on out.

Yui Horie as Hanyuu is great. I'd been waiting to see her animated like forever.

This world being too perfect is the same vibe I've been getting, but Rika is definitely making progress this time. And so are her friends.

Now most viewers have a reason to not trust the guys in the green uniforms. Rika hasn't been able to watch the series from a third person perspective. Plus she doesn't recall things which happen close to her death. Despite her moe mode, Takano and her security forces are not on Rika's side. I suspect Rika will find this out this time around and will remember it if things don't go as well as she hopes in this world.

I look forward to seeing how things eventually conclude. Another great series!
Old 2007-08-18, 14:50   Link #38
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
un, yes, the title gives it away, i think. i like the speed this arc is going at. The next one would need more time right? what with Putting The Peices thing
Old 2007-08-18, 15:03   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well can't blame Rika for going for it. This is probably the best chance she's gotten in a long time so best make every move you can. Getting Keiichi to remember before was something incredible but here we have memories drifting back up for her friends which helped steer them from the danger of that paranoia. Again a big theme of talking to others and belief in your friends is huge. Rena could've gone down that dark past again if she hadn't talked to Mion and then her father.

The organization was a slight surprise though there have been clues leading to it. There has seemed to be more to those three than just their deaths that come up. Be nice of course to have more information to what kind've organization this is. While having those MIG being around is concerning have to try and wait and see. Clearly they are mercenaries or soldiers or something to that degree in that they will do what they are ordered to do. If it means killing Rika or protecting her. The key is the people up above who are handing out those orders and keeping them from making the call to kill Rika.

Surprised to see Akasaka around. But it's a pretty good sign to have him around just to help add here. Amazing that things that happened before Rika arrived are changed. This time he took her advice and went back to save his wife. Though that does mean that he missed the plea for help right?

Anyways I just wonder what the heck Hanyuu wants Rika to do. Just sit around and wait for her demise? If she has no faith they can do anything why bother bringing Rika back over and over again? Just seems like Rika is actively now trying to do something to fight against fate and Hanyuu isn't contributing. Of course with this not being the last arc they won't succeed but I doubt they know that . If they are going to do anything they've got to try and optimism will help drive her forward to keep pushing.
Old 2007-08-18, 15:05   Link #40
Echoes

I had trouble thinking Higurashi would be able to top their first season, but they've done it. I find each episode more and more thrilling, the week-long waits are killing me.

Higurashi literally gives me chills down my spine whenever they unveil a mystery and come one step closer to the truth. The fact that other people besides Keiichi are starting to recall events from past worlds is very intriguing, I wonder what would happen if two of them actually remember the same event.

We definitely got to see another side of Takano in this episode, she's always been so calm and teasing in her nature. Not that I mind it, not one bit. While we're on the subject cute, this episode had more cute Hanyuu moments than I can remember, she's truly adorable. She's very moderate, though. She says she has lived here for longer than Rika, so her pessimism might be well founded, since things have apparently never gone the right way before.

The ending was very satisfying, with Rika walking proudly, ready to take on the world with the power she now wields. Though her protectors seem to be the very same people she should fear the most, which of course is very interesting in itself, and leaves Takano/Tomitake wrapped in suspicion.