AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 06:05   Link #1
crabery

Video Girl Ai

Hi, I recently read the end of volume 13 and I'm wondering, did Ai really become human or was the guy just hallucinating or something. Thanks.
Old 2009-03-04, 07:48   Link #2
NeoSam

Its one of the few shounen romance manga that I still love till today

I don't remember lots of the details... I think the one that told him to break the video knew what he was talking about, so Ai wasn't going to die... after finishing writing the story and realizing what he realized (sorry I don't remember much ) Ai returned back and in a human form

Also, if you read the manga that followed Video Girl Ai, which was titled Video Girl Len, Youta appears briefly in this manga, and is asked by the old guy, about how he and Ai are doing... so yeah, they are living together

By the way, I wouldn't recommend reading Video Girl Len, its short, and not that good.

So yeah, it was a happy ending I love this manga so much

I also love I''s (a shounen/drama/romance) manga by the same author.

If you read these two manga (Video Girl Ai and I''s), you'll love them so much, and in the future you'll be disappointed by most other shounen/romance manga, because they don't compare to these two (IMO). well there's also Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi, but still these two shounen romance manga are still my favourites.
Old 2009-03-04, 09:04   Link #3
Fran~
floating away...

One of my first mangas... great title...
Old 2009-03-04, 11:19   Link #4
kakakka

I liked this manga. Might be one of my top ten
Old 2009-03-04, 19:10   Link #5
crabery

thank you! I will look in to your suggestions.
Old 2009-09-21, 14:52   Link #6
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I expected there to be a huge topic for this manga. I guess its because its so old.

Either way.. I just finished reading it. And was it something. It had ups and downs but one thing is for sure: the author is great. Only thing I don't like is near rape encounters.

And I thought Video Girl Len was good for its length because it went into the guy focusing too much about everything other than what he should be - the girl.
Old 2009-09-21, 17:13   Link #7
Cinocard

Video Girl Ai was the author's, Masakazu Katsura's best work. Some other stuffs like DNA and Shadow Lady were utter craps, and even the much more popular I" also done by him is no where as good as Video Girl Ai. The on-going series Zetman of him is quite good, but it belongs to a completely different genre.

But frankly, I enjoyed Video Girl Ai as much as I did for Maison Ikkoku, Chobits and such works.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-09-22 at 11:34.
Old 2009-09-21, 19:13   Link #8
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Video Girl Ai was the author's, Masakazu Katsura's best work. Some other stuffs like DNA and Shadow Lady were utter crap, and even the much more popular I" also done by him is no where as good as Video Girl Ai. The on-going series Zetman of him is quite good, but it belongs to a completely different genre.

But frankly, I enjoyed Video Girl Ai as much as I did for Maison Ikkoku, Chobits and such works.
DNA2 was not that bad...for a DBZ parody

But I agree about Video Girl Ai being his masterpiece, I remember reading it at the same time I'' was being published and the first was clearly the best of the two: better characters, story, drama, even the drawings had more appeal (well at least for me: I didn't like how some "parts" were much more detailed than the rest, it just felt weird).

Not to mention that Video Girl Ai's photographic drawings were quite revolutionary when you look at what was done in the 80's (well okay it was published in the very early 90's at least, but for me this manga is a visual turning point)... especially if you compare it to some of his older works such as Wingman, which was quite old school.
Old 2009-09-21, 21:05   Link #9
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I must be one of the few, maybe the only one, who liked I''s better.
Old 2011-05-03, 09:37   Link #10
User68604
Disabled By Request

just started it, i like the premise where the main girl actually isnt even "secretly" in love with the main guy.

lets hope it pans out...
Old 2011-05-03, 10:30   Link #11
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This series will give you quite the ride. Enjoy. And don't forget the mini spin off at the end.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:43   Link #12
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This series will give you quite the ride. Enjoy. And don't forget the mini spin off at the end.
thanks! i hope so, since i did enjoy I's and Ichigo 100% quite a bit, i figured this would be great to follow up with

edit: lol wtf Iori in younger form has come in??

Last edited by User68604; 2011-05-03 at 13:39.
Old 2011-05-03, 15:38   Link #13
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
thanks! i hope so, since i did enjoy I's and Ichigo 100% quite a bit, i figured this would be great to follow up with

edit: lol wtf Iori in younger form has come in??
I''s and Video Girl Ai are by the same author. Video Girl Ai was done first.
Old 2011-05-03, 16:42   Link #14
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Read this ages ago, wow. Think it's time for a re-read.
Old 2011-05-03, 17:16   Link #15
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I couldn't bring myself to finis Video Girl AI. I just could not stand the main character.
Old 2011-05-03, 19:39   Link #16
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I read it ages ago, during I''s publication IIRC.

Compared to Katsura sensei's latter works, I'd say it has more charm: be it the slightly dated art, and a more moving story (with a rather unique premise).
Old 2011-05-03, 21:56   Link #17
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I started reading Video Girl Ai because of this thread. Just gone through 25 chapters, and wow, it's seriously good. O_o

A bit painful to read through, but I would read more. It's too bad I have a hard exam coming up.

I also remember reading I''s before and didn't feel comfortable reading it so I stopped.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2011-05-03, 22:35   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I have to say this about the main guy, he's of the most infuriatingly frustrating male lead ever. He constantly and I mean constantly makes the wrong choices and just doesn't stop, he doesn't learn from his past mistakes and just keeps on going.
Old 2011-05-04, 06:12   Link #19
User68604
Disabled By Request

up to around vol 50- minor spoilers, not really
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-05, 03:52   Link #20
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
up to around vol 50- minor spoilers, not really
Spoiler: