AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-07-15, 09:38   Link #1301
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Haruhi 1st season too, no?
I was one of the FEW people that didn't like Haruhi, too overrated for my taste (Just to let you know, I did watch the whole series)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 14:34   Link #1302
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Kanon, Air, Clannad (ONLY first season), FMP were good. After those, their quality dropped.
I can accept that people have different opinion on their animation styles used in Haruhi, Lucky Star, and K-ON. But you're telling me Clannad After Story wasn't good quality animation wise, but Clannad was?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 15:06   Link #1303
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I can accept that people have different opinion on their animation styles used in Haruhi, Lucky Star, and K-ON. But you're telling me Clannad After Story wasn't good quality animation wise, but Clannad was?
nono. Ok, quality wise (animation) it was good. I was talking as an "overall" product. I am sorry for misleading. I just thought Clannad After Story dragged on too long, and I simply lost interest.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 12:36   Link #1304
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Maybe you're talking about the miniarcs for the side characters? Because when it passes that point and really delves into the meaning of family, it becomes something wonderful again. So many moments in After Story made me tear up because they were so touching.
Old 2010-07-26, 01:01   Link #1305
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Man all those Kanade Starcraft analogies makes me want to see a video where Kanade pwns something to Korean sc proleague commentary.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 00:06   Link #1306
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Half-expected someone to make a joke about Chaa saying "All your base are belong to us."

This starcraft parodying is funner then hell, methinks.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 22:18   Link #1307
GDB

So, according to the Aniplex Q&A at Otakon, it seems Angel Beats is licensed. However, since the company that licensed it has yet to announce it, they didn't say who it was. I'm hoping for Sentai, since they have the highest chance of dubbing it (and Funi already had their panel and didn't announce it), and fearing for Bandai, since they're sharing a booth with Aniplex.

Quote:
7:16:06 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> Q; Any news on Angel Beats licensing?
17:16:19 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> A: It's not been announced yet so I can't say anything. But you should know soon.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 03:12   Link #1308
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, according to the Aniplex Q&A at Otakon, it seems Angel Beats is licensed. However, since the company that licensed it has yet to announce it, they didn't say who it was. I'm hoping for Sentai, since they have the highest chance of dubbing it (and Funi already had their panel and didn't announce it), and fearing for Bandai, since they're sharing a booth with Aniplex.
They announce a license but have no names? Ah well, then we can't call it licensed yet, can we?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 00:37   Link #1309
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Man all those Kanade Starcraft analogies makes me want to see a video where Kanade pwns something to Korean sc proleague commentary.
lol I was thinking more of Neon Genesis Evangelion....

Kanade: I'm not an "Angel"
Rei: Beware, she has an A.T. field.
Gendou: Fire!!
Kanade: Guard skill: Distortion.
*bullets missed*
Gendou: She does have an A.T. field...
Old 2010-08-02, 19:15   Link #1310
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
lol I was thinking more of Neon Genesis Evangelion....

Kanade: I'm not an "Angel"
Rei: Beware, she has an A.T. field.
Gendou: Fire!!
Kanade: Guard skill: Distortion.
*bullets missed*
Gendou: She does have an A.T. field...
And then with everyone close to him gone... all Otonashi has is a unconcious Kanade in a hospital bed and...

Oops, drop that thought. But since Yuri already has a Gendo pose, Kanade is the first angel, and the last. Oh and Kawrou and Shinji seem to be here already...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 14:54   Link #1311
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm hoping that their definition of "soon" isn't too different from my own. I hope Angel Beats! comes out as soon as possible on R1 DVD, because I really want to see the show.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 04:56   Link #1312
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I'm hoping that their definition of "soon" isn't too different from my own. I hope Angel Beats! comes out as soon as possible on R1 DVD, because I really want to see the show.
You haven't seen it? Fansubs will probably be getting nuked soon, so I hope you don't get stuck in that gray area between fansubs being removed because of license announcement and release of an actual DVD, which could be a while.
Old 2010-08-08, 11:53   Link #1313
einhorn303

Quote:
You haven't seen it? Fansubs will probably be getting nuked soon, so I hope you don't get stuck in that gray area between fansubs being removed because of license announcement and release of an actual DVD, which could be a while.
It's just that I only watch anime through legal means. I could import the R2 DVDs and watch them with translation scripts, but I don't quite have the money for that and it's not a very preferable option for a number of reasons.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 04:28   Link #1314
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Fansub isn't legal? OH S**T!!!!

Ok seriously, I can respect that you only choose legal means, but sometimes taking the high road causes you to miss out on some really good shows, believe me I've been there. You could watch the fansub then buy it when it comes out here, see no moral obligation there!!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 22:24   Link #1315
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Fansub isn't legal? OH S**T!!!!

Ok seriously, I can respect that you only choose legal means, but sometimes taking the high road causes you to miss out on some really good shows, believe me I've been there. You could watch the fansub then buy it when it comes out here, see no moral obligation there!!
Let the guy do what he wants, I can totally understand having strict personal morals; fansubs just aren't legal, no matter how innocent and well meaning they ever will be. And yeah, with a license announcement, no need to buy those expensive Japanese DVDs, since we'll be getting three- or four-episode discs for $28, rather than the $60 two-episode discs that the Japanese get.
Old 2010-08-18, 00:22   Link #1316
Knightrunner

Quote:
Let the guy do what he wants, I can totally understand having strict personal morals; fansubs just aren't legal, no matter how innocent and well meaning they ever will be. And yeah, with a license announcement, no need to buy those expensive Japanese DVDs, since we'll be getting three- or four-episode discs for $28, rather than the $60 two-episode discs that the Japanese get.
After knowing how coperations spend our money, i'm glad they are fan-dubbing. It would be a crime not watching good stories like Angel Beats, Clannad, ect. If they sub or dub in a timely matter then everything would be great and dandy, but they don't. Go Angel Beats!!!

If he/she wants to stick to legal means then go right ahead I also understand having that strict moral fiber
Old 2010-09-27, 23:37   Link #1317
majestix1988

According to Dengeki G's Magazine, Angel Beats! Blu-ray and DVD volume 7 will carry an extra anime "Another Epilogue". It's a different version of the epilogue (C part) in the Episode 13.

Sources: myanimelist.net
Old 2010-09-28, 02:53   Link #1318
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There are also some people in another site that tells that the unaired episode released in Volume 7 is entitled "Compilation".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 02:55   Link #1319
dark998

Excellent news. The new part C should go beyond the TV series END, and show how Otonashi and Kanade meet again (or for the first time?)
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 11:18   Link #1320
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Or when otanoshi kissed kanade before she disappeared, along with everyones past and meeting of kanadefor the second time...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ogue-green-lit

Tags
key