AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-08, 08:26   Link #1201
G1Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Simple black and white plots sucks. Such stories plots lacks depth.
please ignore that person, or don't quote. There is a reason for ignore lists and he is one of them. Lots (almost all) of the regulars on this forum placed him on ignore
He ruined gundam 00 season 1 and now he is ruining macross too. Luckily he isn't watching code geass, otherwise he would be complaining and ruining that too.

On another note, I think it's brave that this story is turning out to be one big manipulation by another human fraction instead of the simple aliens vs human survival from previous macross series
Old 2008-08-08, 11:10   Link #1202
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Yeah. I have him on ignore too, so have some pity on me and don't quote him.
Old 2008-08-08, 12:34   Link #1203
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Simple black and white plots sucks. Such stories plots lacks depth.
Frontier is Inuyasha...IN SPACE!
Old 2008-08-08, 12:39   Link #1204
Westlo
Lets be reality

Could be worse, it could be Gundam SEED.
Old 2008-08-08, 13:03   Link #1205
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

I think GS is fairly good, it's GSD that sucks so bad
Old 2008-08-08, 13:08   Link #1206
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Could be worse, it could be Gundam SEED.
That'd be a vast improvement.
Old 2008-08-08, 13:22   Link #1207
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
That'd be a vast improvement.
Vast improvement ='s 3 recap episodes, a massive amount of reused footage and a poor imitation of the original series for the first 20 episodes, not explaining how the main character survives an explosion in the actual show itself and bringing back a dead character because.. to quote the director.. "he was cool". And than you have the main pairing having more development in the 4 ops than the series itself.... Yeah great improvement... and I like SEED.

I always thought you were a SEED fanboy with your rabid mauling of Gundam 00 and defense of Lacus when she got called inspired by Minmei.. nice defense without having watched an ep of macross at the time of it by the way...

Thanks for the confirmation, by the way I loved how you complained about episode 15 being a recap and brought up Gundam 00's recap yet didn't say anything about SEED and Destiny which have some of the worse amount of recaps in 50 eps less around. Now I know why.
Old 2008-08-08, 14:00   Link #1208
G1Ace

Quote:
Vast improvement ='s 3 recap episodes, a massive amount of reused footage and a poor imitation of the original series for the first 20 episodes, not explaining how the main character survives an explosion in the actual show itself and bringing back a dead character because.. to quote the director.. "he was cool". And than you have the main pairing having more development in the 4 ops than the series itself.... Yeah great improvement... and I like SEED.

I always thought you were a SEED fanboy with your rabid mauling of Gundam 00 and defense of Lacus when she got called inspired by Minmei.. nice defense without having watched an ep of macross at the time of it by the way...

Thanks for the confirmation, by the way I loved how you complained about episode 15 being a recap and brought up Gundam 00's recap yet didn't say anything about SEED and Destiny which have some of the worse amount of recaps in 50 eps less around. Now I know why.
No no no, don't forget that his wife liked the character and begged him to get that character back, that's even worse
and let's not get started on destiny, in which all that happened was people screaming at each other and talking and almost no action (thank you very much Fukuda's wife) and lets not forget the reusage of old footage which was so extreme it could have set a new world record.

But please, let's drop this, this isn't worth it

I'm speculating here on the following, just a wild idea

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-08, 14:00   Link #1209
Wesley84

Quote:
I don't mind recap episodes and I don't mind reused or slightly edited footage, because they're pretty much inevitable. I quite liked how what they did with Kira surviving his battle with Athrun. I wondered if he had died and actually gone to heaven, made all the more confusing by Lacus's mysterious and gentle manner. Lots of symbolism with the angelic Freedom and Kira's return from the dead at Alaska. As for Andy's survival, it was a good move on their part, and not really unprecedented even by real-life standards.

Quote:
I mauled Gundam OO because it just did suck that much.

Quote:
I don't mind recaps, and nor do I enjoy them. I accept them as inevitable, due to the reality of budgets. However there is a question of timing...
Old 2008-08-08, 14:05   Link #1210
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh please explain how the timing of Macross 15 was worst than any of the SEED and Destiny recaps. That double recap was unforgivable in SEED, thankfully the series stepped up a couple notches after that crap they served us. I'm not even gonna bring up that bullshit recap near the end of destiny.. let's go shopping with 3 eps to go!
Old 2008-08-08, 14:50   Link #1211
Wesley84

Quote:
Oh please explain how the timing of Macross 15 was worst than any of the SEED and Destiny recaps. That double recap was unforgivable in SEED, thankfully the series stepped up a couple notches after that crap they served us. I'm not even gonna bring up that bullshit recap near the end of destiny.. let's go shopping with 3 eps to go!
Seed's took place between story arcs, and were essentionally breaks for the characters from all the fighting. They reach the relative safety of the Seventh? Fleet, time for a break. Reach Orb, time for a break.

...I suppose the way Frontier's storyline is structured, episode 15 was as bad a place as any for a recap. I just wish they hadn't attempted to develope the secondary characters in the previous episode, with absolutely no follow up.
Old 2008-08-08, 14:56   Link #1212
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Ozma won't die. At least not withing the next four episode. If he kicks the bucket, I'm guessing episode 22 for finding out about the real enemy. But then again, you can be in a wheel chair, drinking through a straw and still find out the mastermind behind the Vajra attacks. *hinthint*
Old 2008-08-08, 16:03   Link #1213
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Seed's took place between story arcs, and were essentionally breaks for the characters from all the fighting. They reach the relative safety of the Seventh? Fleet, time for a break. Reach Orb, time for a break.

...I suppose the way Frontier's storyline is structured, episode 15 was as bad a place as any for a recap. I just wish they hadn't attempted to develope the secondary characters in the previous episode, with absolutely no follow up.
15 was considered the start of a new "arc" by many people so the way you came to that conclusion is mind boggling.
Old 2008-08-08, 16:26   Link #1214
Wesley84

Quote:
15 was considered the start of a new "arc" by many people so the way you came to that conclusion is mind boggling.
No, I take it back. It's not the timing, it's the execution of the recap. If we'd seen some post battle trauma, instead of that stupid duet, I'd have been a happy camper.
Old 2008-08-09, 00:07   Link #1215
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

http://www.macrossf.com/story/story_list.html

So, who will take the bullet?

Old 2008-08-09, 00:11   Link #1216
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't be the first time a main character has been seriously injured in Macross.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:02   Link #1217
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
I don't mind recap episodes and I don't mind reused or slightly edited footage, because they're pretty much inevitable. I quite liked how what they did with Kira surviving his battle with Athrun. I wondered if he had died and actually gone to heaven, made all the more confusing by Lacus's mysterious and gentle manner. Lots of symbolism with the angelic Freedom and Kira's return from the dead at Alaska. As for Andy's survival, it was a good move on their part, and not really unprecedented even by real-life standards.

I mauled Gundam OO because it just did suck that much.

I don't mind recaps, and nor do I enjoy them. I accept them as inevitable, due to the reality of budgets. However there is a question of timing...
That's a bit unfair...

You quite like how Kira survived Athrun's battle? It was an incredible plot hole. And I really dont see how Andy survivng is considered a good move. He actually served no purpose, but just to be alive and say hi. He could've stayed dead and the plot wont change a bit.

Altering the plot for model sales is also a sign for poor writing. The Buster Gundam was made into a good guy just so that they could sell more toys. Ridiculous.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:09   Link #1218
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"If we'd seen some post battle trauma, instead of that stupid duet, I'd have been a happy camper."

Well this is Macross. Music and love, defeating war and hate...right? Though usually music and love supported by heavy firepower...but still music and love.

That and it is kind of a near parody of the more typical space opera/mech show affairs. It wouldn't be a Macross recap without song (or at least trippiness).
Old 2008-08-09, 01:26   Link #1219
ReddyRedWolf

I think it's obvious now that Sheryl has those same crystal critters in Ranka.

The revelation that a Vajra's experience and feelings are collective.

Ranka can at some level feel it too. Especially their emotions.

I rewatched episode 7 when Ranka's belly glowed. Ranka at the time received Sheryl's emotions.

Sheryl's fold quartzs earring also reponded acting as a booster.

Thus when they sang they created a mini-collective of their own for a brief time.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:26   Link #1220
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Don't bother, if you read his excuses for Gundam SEED's obvious faults it's obvious he doesn't want a logical discussion and just wants to continue pushing his agenda.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers