Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 21:05   Link #8941
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Real world fact but human bite wounds that puncture the skin can lead to infections, scarring and damage to tendons and joints. Human mouths have a lot of bacteria so their bites are more prone to infection than animal bites. Since Zenkichi did draw blood that bite in all likelihood should leave a permanant scar.
We have already established that Medaka Box world humans are far stronger then normal humans. She cut a battleship in half for god's sake. I wouldn't be surprised if she had healing factor or resistance to bacteria.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 21:17   Link #8942
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamont View Post
his showing up like a boss with a...heh, "harem" (damn you, Randrak )
Hmmm...YOU'RE WELCOME!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 21:23   Link #8943
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
We have already established that Medaka Box world humans are far stronger then normal humans. She cut a battleship in half for god's sake. I wouldn't be surprised if she had healing factor or resistance to bacteria.
She may be undead in which case bacteria would definitely not be an issue, just noting her comment and that it would be a concern in real life.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 21:41   Link #8944
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Medaka's world is strange, ther eis even a guy who fights with screws and screws over everybody. The power levels in this series is ridiculous and Zenikichi is more or less the closet thing to 'normal' in this series.
Old 2012-05-11, 21:42   Link #8945
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Real Life in my Medaka Box?! For SHAME!! I stopped believing in the real life component as soon as I saw Medaka's posterior waaay back in Chapter 00. No WAY any girl's got a butt that round that early in life... Okay, maybe one or two do...but then the Kurokami Phantom sealed the deal...
Old 2012-05-11, 21:55   Link #8946
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Medaka's world is strange, ther eis even a guy who fights with screws and screws over everybody. The power levels in this series is ridiculous and Zenikichi is more or less the closet thing to 'normal' in this series.
Actually even Zen is far away from normal. Creating shaking with a kick isn't normal at all. Somewhat keeping up with Medaka also isn't normal. In terms of strength feats he is superior to kikaijima and tied with Akune. So yeah............... Zen calling himself normal is by far one of the most understated things in this series. He would be a superhuman if he didn't have all the rest of the superhumans around him.
Old 2012-05-11, 22:19   Link #8947
novalysis

Zenkichi the unreliable narrator?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 22:42   Link #8948
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Zenkichi the unreliable narrator?
Yeah pretty much. Zen displayed a lot of superhuman feats. Far more then the likes of Kikaijima and the potential successors of Medaka and some feats are even more impressive then some abnormals. Shrugging of a hit from Medaka which had enough force to the point where it cracks concrete, walking on builiding, standing after taking mutiple hits to the body to the point where he coughs blood from his mouth and hitting the floor to the point where he created a mini earthquake all imply superhuman strength, endurance , durablity and speed.

The fact that he's still considered normal despite that just shows how abnormal the main cast is.
Old 2012-05-12, 07:17   Link #8949
tsunade666

finished reading chapter 145 and I had the same reaction as Naze-chan when that sword girl said please stop with Moe HNG effect.
Old 2012-05-12, 07:21   Link #8950
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Zenkichi's battle with Namanie has coincidences too(the last blades he was able to use just so happen to be what she had no tolerance against) which can also double for "when all is lost you won't come up with a strategy to turn the tables" bit by using his teeth as blades.

I do agree with you about the actual competition being between Medaka's Joker and the remaining suitors though. How long it stays that way remains to be seen but for another fight or two I expect a similar path.
From basic logic an attack like would have killed her, or do you not understand how the human body works. There'a a massive artery thats quite vulnerable on the neck, the fact a load of blood came out means he he injured that artery. That alone would have killed her.

Now you can say fine sure this is manga meaning an attack like that may not have killed her, but just makes you hyprocritical in saying she shouldn't have gave up due to that attack because logically she could when that's not how works at all. Only in your messed up version of "logic" would she not give up due to how debiliating and life threatening that injury was.

Your trying to say something ignored logic, when what you stated she should do is even more illogical. Do you not see the issue with that?
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 09:39   Link #8951
ccie20012

@ Tenchi Hou Take

IMHO you use not correct logic in this manga.
It does not matter where the bite. It is important that the bite.
You may think this a joke of the author, you can consider it trolling readers or "mad world" (by analogy with physical theories).
The winner is the one who has more swords.
28 (Zenikichi final ver) > 7 (Namanie) > 4 (Zenikichi first ver)
That's the point. This is pure mathematics
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 10:19   Link #8952
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
@ Tenchi Hou Take

IMHO you use not correct logic in this manga.
It does not matter where the bite. It is important that the bite.
You may think this a joke of the author, you can consider it trolling readers or "mad world" (by analogy with physical theories).
The winner is the one who has more swords.
28 (Zenikichi final ver) > 7 (Namanie) > 4 (Zenikichi first ver)
That's the point. This is pure mathematics
Umm this needed to be stated why?... I'm pretty sure everyone got the terrible joke the author was making on Shounen battles, but that's not what we're arguing here...

Basically telamont would have a point if he had bit her arm or something but considering where she was bitten and how deeply, it makes more sense for her to go into nervous shock and attempt to get Zenkichi to stop biting her, than to risk attacking someone in her blind spot where she can't see and could easily end up harming herself.

Combined with the fact that had Zenkichi bitten deeper the attack would have been lethal. (don't go moaning about how it it wouldn't have been lethal because it is manga when your entire issue is her not doing something because it's plot device when it's actually more logical to do what she just did).
Old 2012-05-12, 10:59   Link #8953
ccie20012

@ Tenchi Hou Take

Of course it was nice to bite into the neck.
Biting the hand - is it fun? IMHO - no

In the end, so did kiss shot from monogotari.

But I liked the joke about 28 teeth.

Where can you find an example that MC can win battles with swords vis bite. And the bite would be considered a blow of the sword. Correction - 28 of swords.

This gives the manga is "crazy/abnormal" for I love her.
Old 2012-05-12, 11:07   Link #8954
novalysis

I wonder though, does that bite have mind altering.... properties?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:11   Link #8955
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

...guys...
Why can't a bite be just that? A bite...

It hurt like hell and she didn't want it to leave a scar...case closed. She might be crazy, undead and all that but she's still a teenage girl. Y'all over think things sometimes :I
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:26   Link #8956
ccie20012

@Randrak42
Because then the whole joke is lost (logic).

You come up with a crazy world where everything is possible.
But they also have internal logic.

You can cut via swords the ships and the like. Look at the logic - why 7 swords? Because 7 is greater than 4. And everyone says MC can not win - he has only two arms and legs.

Of course this is not hentai - so we're talking about the arms and legs.

But the author comes up with a very funny turn - at MC have teeth - the teeth a lot.
Turn teeth into swords, and the outcome of the battle resolved.
Old 2012-05-12, 11:40   Link #8957
Gundamx

Hmmm I think what she mean by scar is not wound scar
(she leave many scar on her own body when she stab her on self)
But KISS marks^^-.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:42   Link #8958
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
...guys...
Why can't a bite be just that? A bite...

It hurt like hell and she didn't want it to leave a scar...case closed. She might be crazy, undead and all that but she's still a teenage girl. Y'all over think things sometimes :I
A normal bite does produce a blood squirt like this.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-05-17 at 01:34. Reason: Do not link to that site here!
Old 2012-05-12, 12:04   Link #8959
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Zenkichi's battle with Namanie has coincidences too(the last blades he was able to use just so happen to be what she had no tolerance against) which can also double for "when all is lost you won't come up with a strategy to turn the tables" bit by using his teeth as blades.

I do agree with you about the actual competition being between Medaka's Joker and the remaining suitors though. How long it stays that way remains to be seen but for another fight or two I expect a similar path.
Devil Style dosen't destroy any chance of an event ever happening, it destroys pre-determined events. It nullifies fate's interference, it dosen't nullify any chance of X event ever happening from chance.

I don't understand how you people can assume the signature skill that a character worked so hard for is suddenly gone. Does Zenkichi look like the beast of a main-character he is supposed to be when he won by exploiting an enemies weakness as he was weaker than said enemy?

Heck, he's the weakest in the team. A complete diversion from what the MC is supposed to be.

Don't assume such, especially when it's blatently against what's shown.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 12:14   Link #8960
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Hmmm I think what she mean by scar is not wound scar
(she leave many scar on her own body when she stab her on self)
But KISS marks^^-.
It looks like you're the first one here (aside from me) who thought about it like that!
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council