AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-16, 14:39   Link #12981
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@Keroko: there's no way for it to be a total carbon copy. I am certain that you can talk of the central themes and follow the general sum of paths without issue. An anime-like progression will simplify that process. At any rate, would you be able to imagine Deed and Otto to actually talk to the delinquent Teana just like? I mentally see bouts of awkward silence in front of Teana while they stare at the person that gave those two a beating a few years back!

(come to think of it, it makes for decent comedy material as they observe the oddities of Subaru's comrade)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 14:48   Link #12982
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
And of all the actors they could have picked to play the pregnant man, they picked Arnold
It may not have been the greatest movie starring Arnie, but damn it was silly and kinda fun.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 14:48   Link #12983
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, actually Otto and Deed have become much more talkative in SSX.

Anyway, as it stands Sein and Wendi aren't really fit in their roles either. I noted Otto because she is one of the more shy ones among the numbers. Well, her and Nove, but I think we can safely say that Nove would make a really bad Ryou.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 14:51   Link #12984
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, it's most certainly not too late at this point to replace all sein and wendi with otto and deed. I am not sure how their mentality will develop though. Whatever it is, this is already going to make S1 ep 18's lunch showdown pretty much of hell on earth if we add even moar competing 'numbers' sitting at that table staring at Tomoy... Teana. There will be shitstorm by the very end of that episode too given that casting.

EDIT1: I thought about it even more, and here be a radical solution and give Cinque the role of Ryou, then leave wendi be. There's no perfect fit of personality anyways, so why not let the story tell itself and given how that these numbers are under one same roof supposedly, things can get really hectic when the issue of the fight to be the chosen path arises.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-03-16 at 16:03.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 17:59   Link #12985
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler for Vampire!Fate pt.2 (Nanoha):
Spoiler for Vampire!Fate pt.3 (Nanoha):
I can't believe I almost missed this...

Great job as always, it seems like Fate is the responsible of all that mess, and now that Nanoha got RH I bet you have plans of letting her join Fate in the near future. It's good that she's safe now. Also the plot is becoming more interesting.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 18:29   Link #12986
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

*slowly pokes the plot along with a stick*

Spoiler for Stahlkönigin--Chapter 11:

Previous chapters:

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 19:15   Link #12987
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post

Previous chapters:

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
At least your plot is moving. *gives BtBR bunny a light kick to the rump*

Still feels a little fillerish to me, but at least you're introducing the core of the baddies (I'm assuming that Packard is one of the "core" members, or at least she'll be enough of a threat on her own) and making me like them less and less the more you write them.

I feel a twinge of irony with Eileen praying that Vivio will save them. Foreshadowing, perhaps? Hmmm.
Old 2009-03-16, 19:38   Link #12988
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
but Packard's toy was limited to doing what was asked of it and now more.
I think you know what you meant there ^_^

I wonder if we'll see Packard again. It'd be odd if we didn't, but I think you could still get away with it. She's only a corrupt customs official, as of right now. Too bad for the kid; he was almost cool too. Oh well. Definitely still filler here, but I think the customs scene was necessary for Pacer's development. We'll certainly see, won't we?

Still really liking the story thread.
Old 2009-03-17, 01:33   Link #12989
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
On a wholly different note, here's some crack for TSS (gotta keep the waifu happy, after all):

Spoiler for Red Rabbit:

Spoiler for Author Comments:
Wow, you come up with some really cracked up ideas. I wouldn't mind this turning into a story of messed up love. I mean you've got Vivio, Hayate, Vita, and potentially Fate in the future, all with Nanoha. That is seriously messed up....and intriguing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 18:

I've been hidden for far too long.
It looks like Hayate's managed to prove to them that she really is good. Let's hope she's not just faking it all, that would suck. That new cyborg is an ominous foe, let's see how they take her down. Welcome Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
I live to serve The Soviet Union The Shiny Sword! Yes, the run-on sentences and other aspects of the employed style were deliberate.

I call the following DWP (dribble without plot).

Spoiler for Cracked:
Definitely not dribble, this has some really good ideas. I want to see more of the plot revealed! NanoHaya is always welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Something I thought of while writing a crack AU fic. This is more canonical.

Ok, I took creative licenses and borrowed a bit from Jurassic park and another obvious movie.

Subaru and Teana on a mission together. Stuff happens, fast. :P Fate is not even in the fic, so relax.

Spoiler for Snake's Den:
Well that was interesting. Poor Subaru, cyborg or not, that has got to suck. Teana hanging onto her arm was so depressing, yet cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Whoo time for a one-shot thingy (It was gonna be up on FF.net but it's acting up :-/)

Lunch With Arf

Spoiler for Lunch With Arf:

Spoiler for Afternote:
LOL, I can always count on you for some Zarf. I love how they called him a loli killer. All the kids gotta love manly wolf man Zafira! I like his ringtone. The ending line was insanely cute though. Also, Chestial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Well, I guess it's appropriate to post a chapter on Nanoha's birthday ^_^

The Many Masters of the Malevolent Manuscript

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six

Spoiler for Part Seven: Discovery:
Again, very interesting to see the minds of the Wolkenritter. I like how Shamal says "Fight with the Saint’s blessing" it's really sweet. The last line gets a bit repetitive with all the masters in it. You might just want to say: I think the one that masters us will be the right Master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
This was meant to be a little bit of a joke, but the people in fanfic_lounge suggests that I post it here and actually work on it more. As such, here's what I have on... it's arguably crack.

~CLANNANOHA~

Spoiler for On the sloped road where cherry blossoms flutter, part 1:
This is something of epicness! I can't wait to what will happen in this cracky little crossover. It's interesting that Teana takes the lead instead of the usual Nanoha, Fate, and (sometimes) Hayate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler for Vampire!Fate pt.2 (Nanoha):
Spoiler for Vampire!Fate pt.3 (Nanoha):
Yep, totally Raising Heart. I knew it when I read that line about thinking but not being able to boss her around. Now, I wonder how Nanoha will react when she finds out who did that to the body.... At least she's rescued now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Best picture ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I am more than open to suggestions on how to proceed. I don't really want to get way carried off with nothing but crack afterall.

Spoiler for On the sloped road where cherry blossoms flutter, part 2.:
Romantic meetings! Alright. Interesting characterizations, though I'm not complaining. Can't wait to see what you'll do with the rest of the cast.
Quote:

Kind of a filler, but the plot is moving albeit slowly. Important characterization with Pacer and with Packard. She's kind of a mystery character, but we seem to know a lot of thing's about her. I also though about Eileen's line. I do like her in the respect that she doesn't try to bullshit. Vivio to the rescue? But how?

@Thread: Thanks for all the comments on my short little fic. It was a weird week. Also for those of you who have a time difference that's ahead of me: HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY! Don't get pinched, wear green!

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 02:04   Link #12990
Jimmy C

Quote:
You're going to need more than a stick if you want to gain momentum before Force arrives. Like a racecar perhaps.
I hope you can manage it, I really do, even if it means writing a whole chapter a day until you're done.

Quote:
Verdance was one of the more unlovely cities on Midchilda.
A thought, not too important, but you had Mid's transport and logistics method laid out similar to Earth's. That is, standardized shipping containers. That means, they can layout their facilities the same way we do: Manufacturing is placed a good distance from ports. That lets the factory be built on cheaper land. This port Pacer is visiting should be on the outskirts of the city at the closest. It doesn't change a thing you wrote, however.

Quote:
In two days, it would be in Cranagan. Simplicity itself.
If it was just one battle, it seems you could end it within a week, story time. But something tells me you're aiming for more than that, yes?

Quote:
"Looks like you're clear. Now, let's see, I just need to make a visual inspection and check the clearance documents."
A thought from a book I read about shipping containers, if you opened one up and saw a wall of boxes stacked from floor-to-celling marked "MACHINE PARTS" are you even going to pull them out to verify that that's all there is in the container? That seems to be a common cover for container-based smuggling.

Quote:
"Of course, two accidents on the same night wouldn't be particularly routine,"
Pacer could add, "But two people dying in the same accident isn't so troublesome..."
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 06:27   Link #12991
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by markesellus View Post
LOL, I can always count on you for some Zarf. I love how they called him a loli killer. All the kids gotta love manly wolf man Zafira! I like his ringtone. The ending line was insanely cute though. Also, Chestial?
Enough Heh's D: (you look like you ran a marathon) . Chestial is the bestest word ever that I made up :3. Refering to the Chest region when the word chest is just too stuffy (try saying it out loud it's fun)
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 06:33   Link #12992
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Chestial Being?

*is shot by large particle beam*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 06:37   Link #12993
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Chestial Being?

*is shot by large particle beam*
Facehuggers and chestbursters ahoy.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 06:40   Link #12994
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Don't forget the abdominal mouth of doom...

*shivers then curses John Carpenter for that scene*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 07:48   Link #12995
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Don't forget the abdominal mouth of doom...

*shivers then curses John Carpenter for that scene*
*has wonderful flashbacks while laughing during that scene*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 12:24   Link #12996
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Just a short story that popped into my head after a heated-*coughs* friendly argument in school...

Spoiler for The Baby Devil:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 13:01   Link #12997
Jimmy C

Cute story.
Regrettably for your argument, neither Nanoha nor Fate can be expected to have biological children during the series. That would nail down their pairings, which is something 7arcs appears to be eager to avoid.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 13:19   Link #12998
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Cute story.
Regrettably for your argument, neither Nanoha nor Fate can be expected to have biological children during the series. That would nail down their pairings, which is something 7arcs appears to be eager to avoid.
That was part of the argument (from the 'not-going-to-be-a-mother' side)! It all began when someone came in the Studio saying that Nanoha would be 25 years old in Force (who knew bringing up someone's age could create a war?) I could care less if they had a biological child, though. But it would have been interesting if they did...

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-03-17 at 13:21. Reason: Made a typo...
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 00:37   Link #12999
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
Just a short story that popped into my head after a heated-*coughs* friendly argument in school...

Spoiler for The Baby Devil:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
An interesting argument of course, too bad it turned into a war. But let's not bring up that topic here... >.>
Cute story indeed, I like the small amount of angst that Nanoha has about Vivio. I don't think that's a good similarity for Yukari to have. My favorite line was the "Liar, liar, hams on wire"

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 01:01   Link #13000
Outlaender

To get a small point of business out of the way- A week or so ago, the subject of being unable to display an umlaut for the gratuitous german that crops up when writing Belkan. Not a problem, really, the accepted solution is to simply add and "e" after the designated vowel. As in, "Stahlkoenigen" Hope this helps other writers of bits of Belkan out there.

[QUOTE=DezoPenguin;2277057]*slowly pokes the plot along with a stick*

Been watching this for a while, lurking from the shadows. I've commented some on your other fics on FFnet (Geshron). This line ( "Pray," she finally said. "Pray to Her Majesty to keep us all safe." ) does make me feel the law of unintended consequences is about to strike our foes, where a little thread of their plot begins to unravel (but not before necessitating the "Big Dramatic Showdown!!" )

To whit- Eileen's car? I seem to remember that it was left behind? Or did our fiendish fiends think of that detail? Abandoned car leads to police checking the
house, asking neighbors, talking to Georg, and getting a funky reaction? Or giving Georg the chance to call for help, since actively refusing to talk to the police would ensure a closer look at the situation from the authorities. It remains to be seen what might crop up on Teana and her partner's end of course, a likely source of a breakthrough. A small possibility could be... Vivio visiting a sick classmate, and finding the house deserted? With neighbors not seeing anyone all day yesterday. (I think Eileen and Billy have been kidnapped for close to 24 hrs. as of the end of chapter 11? )

Your fiends are indeed fiendish- I find myself fearing for the continued safety and well being of Eilleen, Billy, baby to be, and Georg... depends on just how bloodthirsty and ruthless the terrorists are, since it appears they want to use a major orbital weapons system (Einherjar in the sky?) to commit mass mayhem. They never blindfolded their prisoners... Of course disguise magic would do the trick.

Packard... is a bitch. I hope she meets a deserving end... Leaving Packard alive is certainly the most convenient option, since trying to arrange an accident for the both of them on his own exposes Pacer to much greater levels of detection.

I do hope you'll carry on through to the end, and leave any revisions for new canon (if any) until the first version is done.
Outlaender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha