AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 10:58   Link #1
Kavaron

Lightbulb Here is a tip to enjoy the slow paced Shippunden

Here is what I did and enjoyed the episode. I didn't watch ep19 and I waited until 2 episodes came out. I know it is difficult to wait for 3 weeks but it paid off quite well! This is the only thing we can do to counter the slow moving pace! Try it and see by yourselves.

Don't forget that the series is slow in order to avoid another year of fillers. I don't blame them.
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 11:04   Link #2
Zek
Eyebrows...

Watching for 40 minutes instead of 20 doesn't change the fact that Shippuden runs at a snail's pace.

And no, that's not why at all. The manga is extremely far ahead after the last year of filler. They could easily run at the 2 chapter per episode pace of Part 1 and they wouldn't catch up for a very long time. The series is slow because they want to drag out the episodes for as long as possible to keep the money flowing.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 15:04   Link #3
Riku540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Watching for 40 minutes instead of 20 doesn't change the fact that Shippuden runs at a snail's pace.

And no, that's not why at all. The manga is extremely far ahead after the last year of filler. They could easily run at the 2 chapter per episode pace of Part 1 and they wouldn't catch up for a very long time. The series is slow because they want to drag out the episodes for as long as possible to keep the money flowing.
They kinda go hand-in-hand actually. There's going to be a lot more interest when the manga-story episodes are running. I'm sure they experienced a substantial decline as the part 1 filler dragged on.

So far for me the pace isn't bothering me that much. The only thing thats letting me down at the moment is the inconsistent quality of the animation. I am enjoying the Shippuuden story in the manga more so than the first part of Naruto, and part 1 had a fairly consistent quality. Since I like part 2 more, I'm really hoping they kick it up a notch especially or at the very least in the critical parts of the story.
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:16   Link #4
hidantheimmortal
Sand's Kazekage

Send a message via AIM to hidantheimmortal
Well I prefer manga because it hasn't been messed around with. But the 1 thing that throws of the anime is that if you read the manga you know what's going to happen next. And when is the Kakashi Gaiden going to be realeased in the anime? Should be after the Rescue Gaara arc(Which is almost coming to an end.
hidantheimmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:31   Link #5
Chimie

In the manga, Kakashi Gaiden happened before the timeskip. We're assuming it won't be shown. Perhaps an OVA or a Movie.
Chimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:36   Link #6
captzork

I enjoy it even if it is going at a slow pace. If it keeps you entertained that you know it is doing it's job.
captzork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 17:00   Link #7
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimie View Post
In the manga, Kakashi Gaiden happened before the timeskip. We're assuming it won't be shown. Perhaps an OVA or a Movie.
Kakashi Gaiden occured prior to Naruto series...

---------------------------------------------------------------

It is slow paced to avoid the manga. -- The manga is about 95 or so chapters away from the anime. At that rate it's probably around 2 seasons ahead of the anime. Meaning the anime would catch up around a year and a half. But really it's dependant on when the manga might possibly end.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 17:08   Link #8
Riku540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Kakashi Gaiden occured prior to Naruto series...
I don't think he meant that literally. That's quite a given.
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:14   Link #9
KyuubiRocks
What?!

I waited for the first 10 episodes to air without watching any of them
i thought the wait would be worth it...its still slow..we just have to be patient
the action is just around the corner...i can feel it..
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:22   Link #10
Numinous_Pulchritude
...take my breath away...

It's addictive... but I need it. xD
Numinous_Pulchritude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 09:15   Link #11
threepac3
Life is Relative

The pace and the music in the last episode wasn't to bad. I want them to keep that kind of quality going.
Old 2007-07-22, 10:24   Link #12
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Actually, I'm more inclined to wait for another 5 eps before I start watching.... since I already know the manga bits, there's no urgency for me to find out what's happening next....

also, judging by the manga bits, its better to accumulate like about 10 before watching in a stretch
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote