AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 05:35   Link #861
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
<3 thanks.

edit: Hmm, i think i broked it! doesn't want to animate for me for some reason.

right click > save as, saves an un-animated version to

directly linking to the image is the same.
Sorry, I made a mistake when creating it. When setting dimension length of the icon, I made it 102*100 instead of 100*100, so it turned out to be too large by AS-standard. Here is the 100*100 one, sorry for the inconvenience.

This one I doubled the length of time Horo drinking.

Old 2008-01-23, 05:43   Link #862
james84562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
It's censorship, but Lawrence doesn't react much (reacts even less in the novels from what I hear) because he's kind of a jaded merchant type and very analytical for the most part. Plus he realizes that it's not a girl naked in front of him, but a several hundred year old wolf god, which would probably do wonders for forcing you to kept a handle on your libido in front of her.
well.. actually he does kinda react to the naked Horo... in ep 1 when Lawrence first met Horo naked on the wagon, he was stunned by her beauty, but then he thought the girl might be a prostitute and if he touches her carelessly he might be extorted by the brothel, Lawrence: "anything involving money can calm your mind even more than praying in a church", so thats why Lawrence tried to act indifferent towards Horo at first.

in ep2, Lawrence is concerned about the naked Horo so you see he tried to keep his eyes off Horo.. in the novel he even took his pants off to dry them orz, cuz at first he was concerned about Horo being there, but then he saw Horo taking off all of her clothes as if Lawrence doesn't exist (or ignoring the fact that Lawrence is a man), so he kinda got mad and took off his pants to dry them too...
james84562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 05:48   Link #863
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Nice, thanks Herbert!
Old 2008-01-23, 05:50   Link #864
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
heh. like the way Horo took control of the situation in ep3.

mainly because back then, women wasn't suppose to speak up.

Of course in the realm of money, people are still have a more liberal thinking, so i guess that's why the merchant didn't seem all that surprised when Horo took over from Lawrence.

They probably thought that's the whole point of him marrying such an intelligent women, to take with him on his work.
Old 2008-01-23, 05:58   Link #865
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Remember that the society was different back then. IMO, People were more open because they were more religious. Their thinking was that God had intended for Adam and Eve to be naked, so there's nothing wrong with nudity in the first place.
Quite the reverse, many priceless church paintings in the Vatican from great masters of the past got "censored" when the Pope of the time decide that nudity is bad no matter the context. Irreversible damage was made as people were hired to paint over the nudity. But as usual with such things, the zealous over-reaction towards exposed skin eventually goes out of fashion and another group of painters were hired to restore them.

Similar events happen with the Muslim Faith. The Islamic religion is not technically permitted to create human images of any kind, hence their chess pieces are abstract in shape and art is focused on calligraphy. And images of the Great Muhammad was DEFINITELY on the ban list. However, we know paintings of Prophet Muhammad did get made over the centuries. This is just another example of how political and religious doctrines can fluctuate and change greatly over time.
Old 2008-01-23, 06:02   Link #866
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Episode three was another great one. This series is staying on course to be the uncontested best of the season. ^^
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 06:12   Link #867
Westlo
Lets be reality

Episode 3 out by BSS (nice releases today guys), back with impressions soon.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:26   Link #868
Winchester

Ooooh. This was a nice little surprise - I've loved all three episodes so far, OP and ED included. Dunno why people dislike the ED - listening to it reminds me somewhat of some of the later Beatles songs, for instance. I'd like to hear the whole thing sometime - who knows, it may even make more sense then...

The money intrigue sounds fascinating - I think I have it figured out now, but I'm not sure I've got all the players down. (The trick to making a profit from a currency that's falling is to get rid of your stock of it before anyone realizes it's going down..)

I'll definitely keep watching, so keep up the subbing!

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:28   Link #869
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well I found the ED just um.. jarring at first but it's grown on me for sure and yeah I'm looking forward to the release of the op/ed single.

EDIT - Yay subforum!

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-01-23 at 07:44.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:44   Link #870
xris
Just call me Ojisan

New Spice and Wolf forum now open.

Please post in the appropriate threads and leave this one for the more generic discussion
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:50   Link #871
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Finally, it has its' own forum.
BBS is on the loose. Both Spice and Wolf + kimikiss subs are out. Superb job and double fun for us.
Old 2008-01-23, 07:54   Link #872
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Finally, it has its' own forum.
Finally? The first episode only aired 15 days ago!
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:54   Link #873
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

And I convert.

This will be fun ^_^
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:00   Link #874
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Finally? The first episode only aired 15 days ago!
Probably because 15 days felt kind of forever in the "Horo World". I bet most of us were so indulged in Horo that we lost track of time. Still, I'm overjoyed and I think there will be lots of discussion topics and Horo pictures overloading the galleries section.
Old 2008-01-23, 10:46   Link #875
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yay, own forum!

Yeah Xris, 15 days is a long time, ANYTHING could have happened!

/dance

/sleep (lols 2:45am)
Old 2008-01-23, 13:50   Link #876
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally got it's own forum, huh. Well, that's good.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 13:51   Link #877
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Finally got it's own forum, huh. Well, that's good.
Yeah, color me surprised. Guess mods aren't completely blind after all.
Old 2008-01-23, 13:53   Link #878
Ultenth

Yay, thanks xris, I knew it wouldn't be long, Horoism is taking hold already!
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 15:56   Link #879
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I still don't understand the popularity..lol. I like the show but it is an economic and adventure show. Is everyone just that obsessed with Horo?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:05   Link #880
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I still don't understand the popularity..lol. I like the show but it is an economic and adventure show. Is everyone just that obsessed with Horo?
It's pretty much everything that brings me to the table. We have Horo, who people obviously like. We have Lawrence, who I find interesting at the very least. He scored major points with me in the first episode. The story itself pretty much beats anything else I'm currently watching (except for Kaiji). I like the fact that I've learned so much about merchantry and middle-aged Europe from an anime in only 3 episodes. All-in-all, Horo IS my goddess, but she wouldn't be anywhere near as great without all of the other elements shaping her character.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen