AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 12:27   Link #21
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is it only an ordinary sport anime or is it something like Saki?
It's a moe show, if that's what you're asking.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 12:36   Link #22
Midonin
Last Engage

It looks like it would be closer to Bamboo Blade than Saki in terms of sports presentation.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 14:47   Link #23
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is it only an ordinary sport anime or is it something like Saki?
Hint: It's a sports anime with IdolM@ster clones on it.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 03:01   Link #24
kyouray
2D > 3D

Some screenshots are available on Famitsu.
Old 2009-06-16, 03:20   Link #25
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Hint: It's a sports anime with IdolM@ster clones on it.
You weren't kidding about the IM@s clones...
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 04:19   Link #26
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Some screenshots are available on Famitsu.
The same pics are also on gigazine (article in english).
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 21:54   Link #27
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Good news and slightly-less-than-good news.

We've got a start date (7/2), and it'll be inheriting K-ON!'s time slot. However, it being TBS means the whole widescreen-and-then-wait-for-fullscreen-several-weeks-later deal.
Aaaaarrrgghhh...well, I guess at least it's not that they save the widescreen for the DVD version, but I'm hoping someday TBS stops doing this...

Watching the promo video though, I'm optimistic this could be good - at least unlike Saki, since it's baseball I'll understand the rules
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 15:55   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah~ Oz-kun... Before I knew it, you've become an old man...

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 17:19   Link #29
ThoHell

Oh dang it's finally out. Everyone is sooo weird!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many proper girls and mixture of uniform. Besides that, looks interesting!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 20:07   Link #30
Midonin
Last Engage

This is currently the only show of the season to start with a show-stopping musical number. For that, I give it my approval. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

The world would be much better if people spontaneously broke into song and dance.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:15   Link #31
Greenish Growth

Episode One:
Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 12:47   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

That was pleasant. I liked the atmosphere and the pacing and the fact that they went right at the main ideas of the story.

Itou Kanae was good as the star, and I liked her singing in the ED and OP. I thought Nakahara Mai was particularly good as the co-star, too.

Whether this is a keeper or not remains to be seen, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 17:56   Link #33
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Episode 1 translated. Boy, that insert song was quite random, but apparently it was a famous piece back in the mid 1910's.

So many A-list seiyuus in this...

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 18:56   Link #34
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Episode One:
Spoiler:
I think it's the history of (modernized) Japan up until 1925 C.E., the year this show takes place. But, dudes, this show surely is something, musical out of nowhere! J.C. Staff delivers yet another winnage this season.

Spoiler for eps1:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 20:08   Link #35
TCman

Episode 1 is really nice. And I hear Amu-chan (Shugo Chara), I mean, Ito Kanae as Koume Suzukawa. Ito Kanae also sings the OP and ED songs. As for the insert song, I really like it, with this insert song, it's almost a musical.

I like the plot/story so far. The part where the girls are scared away after seeing how violent baseball actually could be, is so funny. Also the anime got nice character design, good pacing, and above all it's fun to watch. Well, a really nice replacement of K-On! for in the summer.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 20:18   Link #36
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Since this thing is fansubbed already shouldn't it be moved? Anyway as a slice-of-life show I have high hopes for it and hopefully it won't disappoint me like K-On did.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 00:49   Link #37
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
Goodness, listen to all those A-list voice actresses!
Old 2009-07-04, 02:49   Link #38
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
This could have potential to be a decent series. Although it will be curious to see how much time is spent on setting up the team. In any case, the first episode was enough to convince me to try at least another episode.
Old 2009-07-04, 05:22   Link #39
Fuze

The first episode had me smiling from beginning to the end starting from the adorable musical number; minus the spoiler scene of Akiko. There were several funny moments which made me laugh (and I rarely laugh at anime now) like the 'fleeing from the scene' and 'the pigeon bit' during the musical number.

I can't pinpoint exactly why but I highly enjoyed it. Maybe, it's hearing "gokigenyo" and such formal language used again. Perhaps, it's my curiosity for the behavior of taisho era girls and environment. I feel like they did capture the feel of taisho era with the use of music, visuals, and language. My knowledge of the taisho era is zero, but it really felt authentic. It just made me feel really good the entire episode. I know I can hardly wait for the next episode.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 05:26   Link #40
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Is that Mai Nakahara as Akiko pulling off her mature voice? I'm also hearing Mamiko Noto as Souya and at least two more aside from the two main girls that I'm sure I know but I can't put my finger on. I'm also pretty sure I heard Yukari Tamura once or twice. Anyone got the casting list? How much money does J.C. have to spend on all this top arte voice talent anyway.

Besides the slice-of-life aspect that's obvious, I suspect this series is also essentially a social commentary of the ever present tradition vs. modernity issue hidden using baseball as the vehicle. I'd assume that the moe aspect is there for the fan's sake, but I sure do hope it doesn't go all K-On on us and overpower the theme. Granted I'm really intrigued by baseball being the central theme during the era where past and present Japan collide. Heck the contrast between sailor uniforms and kimonos in a western school is proof enough of that!

In fact, from this first episode I'm more drawn towards how the story will handle a serious issue of past vs present using a comedic approach. Will definitely see where this goes.

Edit - Might as well add, but their dedication to authenticity of the era is pretty impressive.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-07-04 at 05:45.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, japan, seinen