AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-02, 01:18   Link #1301
Nerroth
NePoi!

As noted a couple of days ago over in the Anime Figurines thread, F/E Saber is getting a new bikini-clad figure based on one of the artworks done up for the 10th anniversary.
Old 2012-03-11, 02:36   Link #1302
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
Well I hope that scenario is subbed as well in the set, less work for me to find the translation online.
lol not subbed.
Old 2012-03-11, 04:38   Link #1303
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Apparently, the street price for the Fate Zero series on Bluray is roughly $400.

How the hell did it come to this? I miss the days when distributors had the common sense to knock the price down for the average consumer, it was affordable, it was fair.

Aniplex was wrong to price Madoka the way they did, but now it's just full-stop Japanese/International overpricing.

Back during early 2000's to mid 2000's, people griped on incredibly amazingly priced DVD sets, and yet people still gave the distributors grief and many people stubbornly clung onto fansubs. And now that it's come to this, what now? It just makes all that anti-distributor drama look absolutely misguided and spoiled now.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, because this situation disgusts me.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 04:51   Link #1304
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Title of Fate/Zero's ED2 will be 'Sora wa Takaku Kaze wa Utau,' to be released on May 2 this year.

Source.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 09:31   Link #1305
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Apparently, the street price for the Fate Zero series on Bluray is roughly $400.

How the hell did it come to this? I miss the days when distributors had the common sense to knock the price down for the average consumer, it was affordable, it was fair.

Aniplex was wrong to price Madoka the way they did, but now it's just full-stop Japanese/International overpricing.

Back during early 2000's to mid 2000's, people griped on incredibly amazingly priced DVD sets, and yet people still gave the distributors grief and many people stubbornly clung onto fansubs. And now that it's come to this, what now? It just makes all that anti-distributor drama look absolutely misguided and spoiled now.

Because that's not an American licensed release. It's merely the Japanese release with a translation note for the booklet, with the Japanese license holders offering direct supply to American distributors to offset conversion differences and shipping. It offers better choices than outright importing, which many do, and would've cost $460 plus shipping, so closer to $500. Instead, you could purchase it from rightstuf for $370. Far better deal if you intended to import, no?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 09:58   Link #1306
Yuna Amakura

15-preview of both OP and ED. No new scenes in the video, though
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 10:21   Link #1307
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
lol not subbed.
What do you mean, not subbed? They didn't put English subtitles for everything!!!??
Old 2012-03-11, 18:24   Link #1308
Humbaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What do you mean, not subbed? They didn't put English subtitles for everything!!!??
The anime yes, but they didn't sub the three-part extra OVA and the Drama CD. I hope they will do this the next time. Good that someone will sub this anyway.

I love the new ED btw. As soon as I get the BD-box I will watch the anime again with the new scenes and then I am ready for S2.
Humbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 18:55   Link #1309
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Are you f*cking kidding me!? That's bull. I can understand why they didn't sub the extra, since it wasn't simulcast, but the booklet could have had the script. I'm mad now.
Old 2012-03-12, 18:37   Link #1310
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just got it. It's a darn shame they had to ruin it...
Old 2012-03-12, 19:30   Link #1311
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Okay. I take it back. I love this. I'm gonna write an e-mail requesting the script for the extra stuff for the principle of it. The extra book has a wealth of extra info about the production and cast and crew. It'll take me a few hours to read.

The packaging, is awesome. Behind each disc is the Servant image from the cards and on the opposite side is the Servant's Master's Command Seal.

Old 2012-03-14, 10:23   Link #1312
darktruth

Finally picked up my Fate/ZERO BD Box 1 (with Animate's store exclusive bonuses & manufacturer's bonus 14 poster set) this afternoon! Boy was the box used to ship the item big!.

Spoiler for fate/zero bd box 1 limited edition goodies:

More photos

Conversation's deep
When you talk to yourself
There's no way to cheat
Cause you know you can't be no one else…
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:35   Link #1313
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Gaahhhh.... such sweet posters. I want the one of Saber on the battlefield. Oh man.

Edit: Fate/Zero beats Haruhi (31,000) and is now number one with first week sales with 43,000 units sold! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...1st-week-sales

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2012-03-14 at 13:03.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 15:36   Link #1314
Carecup

Don't suppose it's gonna be possible to get your hands on that Saber poster without buying the whole BD set?
Carecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 14:37   Link #1315
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post

yep their fault -> Back during early 2000's to mid 2000's, people griped on incredibly amazingly priced DVD sets, and yet people still gave the distributors grief and many people stubbornly clung onto fansubs. And now that it's come to this, what now? It just makes all that anti-distributor drama look absolutely misguided and spoiled now.

Quote:
Numerous articles have been written about the depressed state of the North American market in terms of anime and manga from Japan. The situation is so bad, many Japanese publishers and companies question if it is even worth while to attempt to market something to the US. *snip*

But on the ground here in Tokyo, the pessimism is very strong. Many creators, producers and publishers talk about France and China as their best targets for export. France and China are not huge markets in themselves, but Europe’s market has not tanked as badly compared to the US and while its hard to make money out of China with its numerous regulatory barriers and rampant piracy, East Asia overall represents a market that is growing and the prospect of consumers with more disposable income is very good.
@GDB: Actually with the yen now roughly close to 82 yen... it should be around the same price or lesser.

Last edited by bhl88; 2012-04-08 at 22:09.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 08:52   Link #1316
Solafighter
Hige

The original soundtrack is just...
Old 2012-04-26, 12:02   Link #1317
blue_sora

The Fate/Zero Blu-ray Disc Box II is already confirmed to be out at 19 September 2012 at the price of 35700 yen.

Includes unaired portion, all the CM and PVs of second season, Fate/Zero Remix, the Iri special, original soundtrack, another original Drama CD and the second Fate/Zero production book.

If you go to the official website you can see what the stores goods will be.

This time they confirmed it earlier than the first.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 12:04   Link #1318
GDB

Quote:
Fate/Zero Remix
What does this mean?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 12:07   Link #1319
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What does this mean?
It's just the two recap episodes that filled the timeslot momentarily between Nisemonogatari ended and Fate/Zero begins. At least they compiled it accordingly to the teams.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 15:57   Link #1320
Vicious108

Quote:
The Fate/Zero Blu-ray Disc Box II is already confirmed to be out at 19 September 2012 at the price of 35700 yen.
That's annoyingly late, considering the final episode should air on June 23. I guess it was the same for the first Disc Box, but it's still frustrating to know I'll have to go all of summer vacation without the definitive version of the show. I wonder if the second half of the series will have more or less extra scenes that the first one.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote