Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-09, 00:08   Link #2041
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Lol, I used to LOVE them and now I HATE them too.
I hate it because I never got to see their child...
Old 2013-01-09, 01:00   Link #2042
Vanguard

hmm animes I hate but others seems to like.

K-on (I dont get it )

everything related to Vocaloid and black rock shooter or what ever itīs called (I donīt get that eater itīs just a PC voice that fails on singing with a cute anime girl slapped on to make it popular)

mahou shoujo madoka magica to cute for my taste and im not in to magic girl that much.

Well maybe im getting to old to understand today's anime.
Old 2013-01-09, 11:43   Link #2043
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I hate it because I never got to see their child...
Hmmm I hate it because......it's too ridiculous.
Old 2013-01-09, 13:42   Link #2044
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
everything related to Vocaloid and black rock shooter or what ever itīs called (I donīt get that eater itīs just a PC voice that fails on singing with a cute anime girl slapped on to make it popular)
BRS is basically just a bunch of artwork that's artistically cool enough and different enough from everything else out there that it gained massive popularity. As for vocaloid, there's good and there's bad. You can very easily find the bad... here's some good vocaloid:

There irony here is that a lot of vocaloid fans don't like being called "anime fans," so it doesn't really count for the thread; there's no volcaloid "anime" as far as I'm aware, just as there's no Touhou anime other then two fan animations (one HQ, and one very bad one). The BRS OVA and Tv series are also mostly fanservice for the fans of the art so when you say "anime people like" it kind of doesn't fit it either. It's like saying "everyone likes the world of warcraft books" because "everyone likes world of warcraft (the game)."
Old 2013-01-09, 13:57   Link #2045
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
hmm animes I hate but others seems to like.

K-on (I dont get it )

mahou shoujo madoka magica to cute for my taste and im not in to magic girl that much.

Nah, you shouldn't try the "too old" excuse. Really. Do you like knitting? Knitting is very popular. It makes my brain wither but I don't make up excuses to rationalize it.
Old 2013-01-09, 14:22   Link #2046
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Did you watch the show?
Old 2013-01-09, 14:25   Link #2047
Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Nah, you shouldn't try the "too old" excuse. Really. Do you like knitting? Knitting is very popular. It makes my brain wither but I don't make up excuses to rationalize it.
well I do like knitting my own socks cuz itīs cheap and relaxing when you have stuff to think about.

but yeah I donīt bash people for liking vocaloid but to me it sound like well-e having sex with a speak and spell.
Old 2013-01-09, 14:28   Link #2048
Ritsukalml

sword art online...
Old 2013-01-09, 14:33   Link #2049
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
but yeah I donīt bash people for liking vocaloid but to me it sound like well-e having sex with a speak and spell.
You can do like me,listen to covers,there's some really good songwriters that write songs using vocaloid (that was the original intent of the software,give songwriters a tool that could sing for them if they didn't know how to) if you can't stand the virtual voice most popular vocaloid songs are covered by real people.
Old 2013-01-09, 15:18   Link #2050
Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You can do like me,listen to covers,there's some really good songwriters that write songs using vocaloid (that was the original intent of the software,give songwriters a tool that could sing for them if they didn't know how to) if you can't stand the virtual voice most popular vocaloid songs are covered by real people.
As long as itīs real human voice I can love it and sorry if I offend any fans of vocloid but I canīt stand it I understand itīs a good program and so but to me itīs not real singing.

btw felix said black rock shoter was some fan art but did they not do an anime about it I think I read about it some where.

anyway sorry again if I offended some one.
Old 2013-01-09, 15:33   Link #2051
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:

I realize Madoka's not for everyone....but it's seriously not your typical magic girl story
Old 2013-01-09, 15:48   Link #2052
Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I realize Madoka's not for everyone....but it's seriously not your typical magic girl story
well maybe so but I find my self go more back in time with animes I did order like 2 days ago complete box of star zinger and a dvd of venus wars.

I more love the animes I watched when I was young they where fun but allot more serious than today's and less echii/almost hentai.

I seen a few of the one one and read allot about new ones and it seams itīs all about showing breast accidental sex postpositions and the same old joke dude walks in and getīs beaten up like crap well it was fun the first time in love hina but todays it seams to be a standard joke.

Damn give me the story give me something serious like a favourite of mine Legend of the galactic heroes, man that some heavy stuff sure it has some humour but itīs all about war and love and no damn nudity.

and sorry I will not go off topic again sorry sorry give me a warring then im okey.
Old 2013-01-09, 15:52   Link #2053
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh, there's nothing wrong with saying you don't like it -- that's what this thread is for. I was just poking at you about using the "getting too old" reasoning.

You just don't like that type of anime. The type you like has to compete with a lot of different genre for production funds these days and the industry will follow the money. They'll tend to focus on whatever people pay the most for.
Old 2013-01-09, 16:47   Link #2054
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Hmmm I hate it because......it's too ridiculous.
You mean corny?
Old 2013-01-09, 17:41   Link #2055
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
BRS is basically just a bunch of artwork that's artistically cool enough and different enough from everything else out there that it gained massive popularity. As for vocaloid, there's good and there's bad. You can very easily find the bad... here's some good vocaloid:
Not really.

Vocaloid could be considered a genre of music, just like anything else. It's not well-liked simply because it's animated/holographic characters singing and dancing to music. It's because of the sound. The vocal range of the Vocaloid program isn't limited like humanity's, and they're capable of crisp and clean vocals. It's different. Besides that, it's not really any different from other pop music. So anyone who likes pop music, which is a substantial amount of people, could find themselves enjoying a Vocaloid song just like any other.

I wasn't a big fan of Madoka either. I felt like a lot of the interest of the series came from the twist at the beginning, and the twist at the end. Everything in-between felt pretty average and there wasn't a whole lot there that was interesting.
Old 2013-01-09, 18:05   Link #2056
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It could be seen as another musical innovation like the electrification of various instruments.

It took a while for people to settle of what sounded good with electric instruments. There are some that are rather old and still have specific sound uses (Theremin), while others are novelty at best.
Old 2013-01-09, 18:19   Link #2057
Lightning_Wing

This could be derailed realllyyyy fast...

There is a Vocaloid thread, however, where this discussion would be more appropriate.

This thread is for the hipster anime fan in all of us.
Old 2013-01-09, 19:02   Link #2058
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
well maybe so but I find my self go more back in time with animes I did order like 2 days ago complete box of star zinger and a dvd of venus wars.

I more love the animes I watched when I was young they where fun but allot more serious than today's and less echii/almost hentai.

I seen a few of the one one and read allot about new ones and it seams itīs all about showing breast accidental sex postpositions and the same old joke dude walks in and getīs beaten up like crap well it was fun the first time in love hina but todays it seams to be a standard joke.

Damn give me the story give me something serious like a favourite of mine Legend of the galactic heroes, man that some heavy stuff sure it has some humour but itīs all about war and love and no damn nudity.

and sorry I will not go off topic again sorry sorry give me a warring then im okey.
Madoka doesn't have any fanservice and is as serious as the series you listed.
Old 2013-01-09, 19:10   Link #2059
NK_500
Disabled By Request

So hating Madoka Magica is more sinful than hating Ouran High School Club. This is why I stay away from Madoka Magica in first place.

While not everyone loves Junjou Romantica but it got unusually high rating in popular anime review sites like Myanimelist and Anime News Network for examples. There's only one group I can blame on: Fangirls. They make sure JR and other shows made from same author like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi(or anything like it) top-tier of everything else.
Old 2013-01-09, 19:57   Link #2060
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
So hating Madoka Magica is more sinful than hating Ouran High School Club. This is why I stay away from Madoka Magica in first place.
Wait. You mean, you hate it because it's popular enough to have its defenders and not because you've already seen it and found flaws you didn't like?

I wouldn't call those who hate it after seeing it "sinners". Haters exist for practically anything and everything. I accept that there are Madoka haters.

But for those who hate on something they haven't even seen, blindly jumping on to some kind of hate bandwagon...