AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 18:04   Link #61
Tenzen12

Noone will invest money into 24 episode long crap. So if there appear anime of such lenght, it means creators belive in it. Either it is adaptation of well known work or it is supposedly that much good.

To be honest half of 13 ep longs are fanservice filled comedies that are pretty much there just fill certain airing timeframe and get pocket money. Longer works provide certain feelings of security.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:09   Link #62
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Noone will invest money into 24 episode long crap. So if there appear anime of such lenght, it means creators belive in it. Either it is adaptation of well known work or it is supposedly that much good.

To be honest half of 13 ep longs are fanservice filled comedies that are pretty much there just fill certain airing timeframe and get pocket money. Longer works provide certain feelings of security.
It's quite sad that you actually believe this.
There are plenty of completely awful 2-cour series... most of the shows I've continued to enjoy are shorter ones.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 23:41   Link #63
Tenzen12

It seems I missed them. Can you name some?

Also are you trying compare these "completely Afwul" shows to such as "Lady and Butlers" or "MM", which is great number among one cour shows?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-04 at 00:13.
Old 2013-07-04, 01:26   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It seems I missed them. Can you name some?
I don't think this thread should become a "my favourite one-cour shows are better than your favourite two-cour+ shows" (and vice-versa) thread, because then it'll just turn into an argument about your own personal standard of "goodness".

Obviously, there will be more lower budget productions that are one-cour in length because it's the smallest "denomination" for regular TV-aired content. But, by the same token, episode count itself is not an indication of "quality". Some of the top-grossing and most-popular shows of the last decade have started off as one-cour shows (Haruhi, K-On, Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica, etc.). Whether you like these particular franchises or not (again this is not a popularity contest), sometimes a one-cour show is a "proving ground". All of these spawned either two-cour second seasons and/or movies.

You're probably right when you say that, in general, being pre-approved for two-cours suggests that a show has gone through extra "vetting" to get there, and that suggests more confidence in the product. But by the same token, there are a number of examples of two-cour shows (particularly split-cour shows) that really didn't seem to achieve that much popularity, sales, or notoriety. So just because we might assume that a two-cour show needs some extra vetting, it too isn't a guarantee of quality either. I can say anecdotally that some of the most divisive "hated" shows on this forum over the last few years have been two-cour or split-cour shows too.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-04 at 01:41.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 01:45   Link #65
Tenzen12

I don't have problem with individual one cour shows. For example this last season Gargantia was top notch work and several of my favourite shows are one cour as well. I only pointed on more stable level of these where is more investitions to loose.

Your explanation is fairly on spot. So In that metter I don't have problem with it.

That say I realy am interested in thes awful animes so if you can.

@Kaisos Erranon: Though I am still interested what awful shows you meant, can you name them in PM pls (if Mr. relentlessflame will not have objections of course...)?