AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-13, 06:44   Link #4041
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i thought that series was meant to be a sequel to Z/ZZ Gundam but instead was replaced with ZZ Gundam/Char's counter attack right? or even a joke article?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 08:08   Link #4042
Code
最強の剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I believe I've mentioned to you that Gundam was only make known to the west only in the earlier part of this decade.

"Gandam" was how the Japanese romanised the franchise based on how the Katakana is writen in English letterings (GA-N-DA-MU) prior to officially rewriten as "Gundam".
That's incorrect. Take a look at Gundam's very first opening. 'Gundam' was never really supposed to be 'Gandam', the name from that Newtype article was a misspelling.
Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 13:19   Link #4043
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
I believe I've mentioned to you that Gundam was only make known to the west only in the earlier part of this decade.

"Gandam" was how the Japanese romanised the franchise based on how the Katakana is writen in English letterings (GA-N-DA-MU) prior to officially rewriten as "Gundam".
I'm aware of that. However, I was not asking about the name, but about the picture. What was this plan? A sequel to Zeta or ZZ like DRAGUN H.E.X. guessed or something else?
Old 2009-08-13, 22:25   Link #4044
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code View Post
That's incorrect. Take a look at Gundam's very first opening. 'Gundam' was never really supposed to be 'Gandam', the name from that Newtype article was a misspelling.
Heh, you're no fun in pointing some of the more obvious mistake away too early.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i thought that series was meant to be a sequel to Z/ZZ Gundam but instead was replaced with ZZ Gundam/Char's counter attack right? or even a joke article?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
I'm aware of that. However, I was not asking about the name, but about the picture. What was this plan? A sequel to Zeta or ZZ like DRAGUN H.E.X. guessed or something else?
Well, the truth is, it was a joke article of sort from March 1986 since NT was following the trend of publishing fake reports to get fans work up before dropping the real deal.

They manage to come up with 8 pages worth of fake materials before finally admitting that everything was a hoax with 2 pages of article on ZZ. Gotta love the resources they pour into meaningless stuff during the Bubble Economy.

But they manage to release a non-canon voice drama on Tomino's OO in '87 and a manga of O (Outer) Gundam in '88.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 22:34   Link #4045
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I'm so confused. I see a Judau expy and a Leina expy. and a mobile suit with some Zeta Gundam vibes (specifically the backpack and codpiece) with ZZ printed below it. On the second picture I see the Hi Zack's successor, a sister unit to the gundam from the first page (with Hyaku Shiki-like binders), the gundam from the first page, the Methuss's successor, an Argama-like ship, and a Psycho gundam successor (Mk III?). All this leads me to believe this was the original idea for ZZ.

I remember reading somewhere that the ZZ gundam was able to combine and transform because both concepts were popular at the time. Does anyone know if the design team wanted it to be that way, or if this was the result of executive meddling? If it was executive meddling, this might be what we would have gotten instead of ZZ.
Old 2009-08-14, 04:48   Link #4046
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Well, the truth is, it was a joke article of sort from March 1986 since NT was following the trend of publishing fake reports to get fans work up before dropping the real deal.

They manage to come up with 8 pages worth of fake materials before finally admitting that everything was a hoax with 2 pages of article on ZZ. Gotta love the resources they pour into meaningless stuff during the Bubble Economy.

But they manage to release a non-canon voice drama on Tomino's OO in '87 and a manga of O (Outer) Gundam in '88.
I agree with you. Making such articles to prank the readers and fans. Impressive.

Voice drama? That's interesting.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:44   Link #4047
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

.....Everything's mess up from the mid-90's there. I can understand why there's no Destiny, but what about the Wing, EZ8, Freedom and Exia ?
EPIC!!! They really want to retain the WHITE gundams.

Spoiler for Meer a bit NSFW dress:
Old 2009-08-14, 09:56   Link #4048
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 19:03   Link #4049
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
The person with the Kycilia mask looks like Ribbons. "Livonze of the Rebellion" anyone?
Old 2009-08-14, 20:50   Link #4050
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
The person with the Kycilia mask looks like Ribbons. "Livonze of the Rebellion" anyone?
uh Kycilia!?, that is A CHAR!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-08-14, 21:23   Link #4051
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Wait, whos Kycilia again....
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 00:58   Link #4052
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its rare to find someone in the Gundam forums who doesn't recognise Char.

Even rarer for someone to remember Kycilia lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 01:08   Link #4053
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Even rarer for someone to remember Kycilia lol
More likely that they haven't watched her getting her head blown off? I thought that was memorable honestly.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 01:15   Link #4054
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The most memorable thing about Kycilia for me is that she looked like a ninja with her face covered. For her death I only remembered Char's bazooka lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 02:39   Link #4055
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
Wait, whos Kycilia again....
The only daughter of the Zabi faimily (UC timeline). She's a bitch I hear.

Also, this is off topic, but I always thought Tilda Swinton would make a good live action Kycilia.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2009-08-15 at 04:55.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 03:20   Link #4056
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I feel so stupid. I just did an image search to refresh what the masks looked like. For some reason I was convinced that Char's mask was completely white (I think I was thinking of the mask that he wears with a normal suit). And the purple over the eyes reminded me of Kycilia's stupid ninja hood. Please forgive me!
Old 2009-08-15, 09:37   Link #4057
wingzerosnuggles

Randomness: Ah well, since my Setsuna/Marina ship pretty much sank, at least I still have Heero/Relena to get by. >_>

Spoiler for mildly nsfw 1xR:
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 09:45   Link #4058
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Randomness: Ah well, since my Setsuna/Marina ship pretty much sank, at least I still have Heero/Relena to get by. >_>

Spoiler for mildly nsfw 1xR:
I'm curious where did the BLOOD came from?
Old 2009-08-15, 10:12   Link #4059
wingzerosnuggles

Gundam pilots are known to be rough in the sack. xD Relena's the virginal heroine princess but she can handle it. For a pacifist, she's tough. Also pretty handy with a gun like when she shot at Une in Episode 11.

Spoiler for More random 1xR mildly nsfw cuteness:
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 10:51   Link #4060
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I'm curious where did the BLOOD came from?
battle wounds or even... Heero nose bleeds UGAAAUGAAA!!!

Tags
images