AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-14, 20:04   Link #81
nagafan

Send a message via Yahoo to nagafan
Talking Disco sucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEXX
I blame disco for the state of my age bracket
Hey, disco didn't take on ALL of us...
nagafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 04:07   Link #82
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye... but we're definitely in the minority those who survived the zombie plague...

(slot for notes on ep 7 but my son fired off a LOTR:EE marathon this weekend ... must sleep now...)
Old 2006-01-15, 06:07   Link #83
tabun
rawr!

After reading this thread, I am positively surprised there actually is a constructive discussion taking place on this forum every now and then j/k

I just wanted to comment on the "slow anime" point in argumentation. Actually, after watching Suzuka and Shuffle! (which had some potential for conflict in them!), I very much enjoy the slow movement of Lamune and it's way of interaction between characters, especially Nanami and Ken*. Although they continue to deny any implication of a relationship, and although it is still so obvious, I don't miss the urge to grab into the screen and knock them on their heads (which I felt in Suzuka).

Lamune is simply enjoyable to watch. Nothing too exciting, but you feel somewhat calm and also a bit elated (maybe that's already too strong ) after watching it. Go Lamune!

...now, the waiting begins again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
What's special about Lamune is not production values or story, but Nanami and her relationship with Ken-chan: her patient-silly-wise devotion, and his gradual recognition that their bond is the strongest and best thing in his life. The almost total absence of tension in a romantic relationship makes this anime unique in my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Actually.... long silences make more sense to me than constant babbling
This is what I meant. No need to point it out in my own words since it was already done quite sufficiently!
Old 2006-01-15, 12:21   Link #84
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I am even thinking of deleting Suzuka after watching the last ep. Doh
I don't want to stray off-topic, but that's exactly what I did after watching the last episode of that.

About Lamune though...

I just can't like it (and believe me I tried to). I've watched about 3 episode before I decided that my time was better spent watching something else, which is interesting considering that I normally really like these kind of slow paced slice-of-life anime with little or no big plot. "Kakyuusei 2" is a good example.

Also, the sense of humor the show has is rather cold. I mean, it's just not funny to smash someone else's carefully tended watermelon, then eat it and think you did something hilarious.
Of course, if the script writer's goal was to make me think "what the HECK did he do THAT for??", then they've succeeded.

This show get's a 5/10 from me.
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 18:27   Link #85
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't like Suzuka's ending (my club members blame it on my attachment to Honoka). Then again, what can we expect from an anime in which manga its based on is still ongoing?

But back on topic, this show really reminds me of the original To Heart. We don't get anywhere, there's really no tension, the final couple is already decided at the first episode, and the list goes on. All we're given is how the relationship evolved between the leads and how it is currently growing; not through jealousy or arguements, but through understanding and respect. I can understand why some people would find it dull, but I personally am not a very big fan of the bickering=love cliche, so I'm grateful for shows like these. Sometimes love is like an explosion, but I tend to agree more (and like better) when they show love is like a small fire that grows larger overtime.

Still am waiting for the trigger event that leads to the climax however. Should be starting real soon, if the pattern of b-game based anime is of any indication.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 09:14   Link #86
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
hmm..what happend to the fansubbing of Lamune?
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 14:40   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giu_2
Nornally, I don't say much about delays in subbing because people have lives, exams, et cetera .... but I'm finding it a bit odd that literally every show I'm watching seems to have stalled out.

I have to assume that many of the subbers are college or high school students and in America --- this is finals month for many school systems. So lacking any announcements, I'm not going to start spinning too much until February.
Old 2006-01-26, 14:49   Link #88
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by giu_2
On the C1Anime site and in their forums and in the Lamune Sub-Forum and in a nondescript (aren't they all?) post called "Story"... h2o2shadow replied:
Quote:
posted on: 25-01-2006 08:01 PM

hmm, the truth is, holiday stalled me a bit since i was working to get my tuition paid( i had two jobs, which basically stopped all my fansubbing progress)

also, our leader - emptysoul is not around (his wedding, yay!)

so there goes some more time

well, i want to say, sry for the wait, we will catch it up as soon as possible
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 12:54   Link #89
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Just a little summary about this ep!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ichigo91; 2006-02-02 at 15:13.
Ichigo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 13:02   Link #90
Furudanuki

Just finished watching episode #8.

I'm at a bit of a loss of what to say. I usually throw in some sort of comment or analysis of an episode when I post. But the only thing that is in my mind right now is that an episode like this is exactly why I love this series. Sure, the sort of plot device that was used here has been done lots of times before in many different anime. But it is a very rare thing indeed to see it done so exactly right.

And many, many thanks to everyone at C1 Anime for giving the Japanese language impaired people like me the opportunity to enjoy Lamune. Your willingness to share with us the fruits of your talent and hard work is a wonderful gift.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 15:37   Link #91
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lovely episode..... it shows a LOT of security in the bonds and trust between our two heroes. Recognizing that the one you love has multiple bonds and it would be wrong to demand they all be severed is one of the more mature aspects of love.
Its all but certain I'll be buying this puppy if it ever gets licensed.

I've only seen this in raw and am awaiting the completion of the C1 download... anxious to see what I got right listening to the dialog.
Old 2006-02-03, 05:27   Link #92
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I've been meaning to caught up watching this for awhile now. I can certainly see why this isn't for everyone...there's no enduring conflict and nothing even unusual about it at all...just a normal, calm, tranquil perspective.

But these certainly are its strengths and as well as its weaknesses. The series is willing to take its time....slowly and surely bits of the two main character's backgrounds are brought out instead of in a single rushed flashback. This gradual approach I think makes it more poignant than the former could ever be, because it gives you time to absorb and enjoy each memory. At first I thought title was a bit unusual, but in a way, it is like an exotic drink…something you slowly savor.
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 20:25   Link #93
raideralan

Is there going to be a second season?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 22:59   Link #94
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan
Is there going to be a second season?
Doubt so. Unless they want the main character to go through another car accident and then let Nanami fall in love with him all over again...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 01:18   Link #95
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some stories don't *need* sequels. They're a complete package in themself ... the recycled hash of hollywood proves that 99% of the time.

((expects to see Three's Company on the "big screen" now after Dukes of Blarggesh))

I just hope the subbers are able to complete the series afore it gets licensed so I can at least see the damn thing before I buy it without having to wait an extra year ... at this point, I may go after raws if any seeds still exist for the last few eps.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-02 at 02:22.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 08:27   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just a quick question.. just anyone know if there's a OST flying around somewhere?
Old 2006-03-02, 13:46   Link #97
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Just a quick question.. just anyone know if there's a OST flying around somewhere?
Nope, no anime OST announced yet. There are character albums released each month to coincide with the DVD releases, and each DVD comes with a bonus drama track on CD, but the BGM is nowhere to be found yet.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 13:49   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the info'.

Seems as though they're going the same way Navel are doing with Shuffle.. not a bad idea imo.
Old 2006-03-20, 14:18   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<whew!!!> I was getting rather concerned. Especially since I detect not a single glimmer on the "Licens-o-meter" for this show. Of course, Kamichu! and Moon Phase being licensed caught me completely by surprise so I suppose my meter is broken.
Old 2006-03-20, 16:51   Link #100
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Is their some reason why they decided to spell it Lamune instead of Ramune? I believe Ramune is the correct way.
Oh, super late reply, but it's just a shortening of the word Lemonade, that's why it's Lamune.
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation