AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-04, 14:27   Link #2521
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Oh, thanks.

I do my best to enlighten the Claymore community
I can't believe you even tried to convince me about the error of my ways, and sent me an invitation to the Raki fan club. It's almost like being visited by a Jehovah Witness.
Old 2009-10-04, 14:29   Link #2522
Arturro

I don't like the idea that Raki is not a human, or soon won't be. His humanity is too important in this manga. I'm afraid Yagi will turn him into a monster, he is a much "better" final boss than Priscilla. Clare and Raki love (or at least admire) each other, so their fight will have much more emotional impact than Clare vs. Priscilla fight.
On the other hand if Raki will be turned into some kind of Claymore and stay as a human, there will be posibility for Raki and Clare to stay together forever. Clare is not aging, a couple where one partner is immortal while other is mortal is a wery sad one.

Old 2009-10-04, 14:33   Link #2523
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
If Raki had been a girl, there would be a lot more Clare/Raki pics.

Anyway, Raki ain't no crybaby. He was what? 13, 14? It's true that with that age, you're not supossed to cry. However, he didn't do it that often and he always had good reasons.

Hey I was willing to give Raki a chance post time skip, but he came back as the dumb warrior type and well his conversation with Rene sounded to me like, "Well, guh, geez, I reckon she ah close to her limits now, and then I'm ah gonna have to put her down, but I reckon at that point she is gonna eat my guts. Hahahahahahahahahah! But that's da way that I live." *rubbs his hand to the back of his head as he laughs hysterically* I just have a hard time putting up with a forest gump.
Old 2009-10-04, 14:34   Link #2524
HegemonKhan
Banned

what if Rubel.... kills dae'sama and the retrieval unit MIBs and rescues raki all by himself...

that'd be sooo funny !!!

maybe to use it (the rescue of raki), as leverage on clare to get her to do something for him....

who needs miria, galatea, miata, tabatha, and clarice 's help....

unless.... maybe rubel.... informed the MIBs of raki's location and condition.....

that be almost too cruel...even for rubel to do.....
Old 2009-10-04, 14:36   Link #2525
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I don't like the idea that Raki is not a human, or soon won't be. His humanity is too important in this manga. I'm afraid Yagi will turn him into a monster, he is a much "better" final boss than Priscilla. Clare and Raki love (or at least admire) each other, so their fight will have much more emotional impact than Clare vs. Priscilla fight.
On the other hand if Raki will be turned into some kind of Claymore and stay as a human, there will be posibility for Raki and Clare to stay together forever. Clare is not aging, a couple where one partner is immortal while other is mortal is a wery sad one.

To be fair, people on this thread were talking about him being as powerful as a Claymore, which was kind of ridiculous. His goal in life is to become strong enough to protect Clare. Considering that Clare is very powrful now, he won't be able to accomplish his goal as a human
Old 2009-10-04, 19:50   Link #2526
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Do that bananas represent all your different accounts that got banned?
ROFMLAO

Ouch MisterJB, that's a LOW blow

Quote:
I think I have said before Raki is important to the story. But lets just say this: If Raki would've been a girl, the manga would've even be better, and he be less annyoing.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=857

You have just fully revealed how pathetic your hatred of him is

Honestly, what kind of excuse is that? I've already gone into that before, but just for clarity's sake, how is his gender possibly a reason to hate him?

Really, because I'm having trouble not seeing that as a stereotype.

Come on Gangsta; such an excuse is one I'd expect from Eva, or another snobbish female who, strangely, doesn't complain about guys like Isley who keep their shirts off or hairy Rigardo, but you?

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-10-04 at 20:19.
Old 2009-10-04, 20:19   Link #2527
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Ah shiek-e-dee-wiek-e-dee when will you learn how to quote right. As for the girl bit, it was posted mostly as a joke, but then it would be one redeeming quality. But then I am also the guy who said -- before you were around I think -- that Claymore would be better if all the characters were girls, even Rubel. Humor shieky, humor...
Old 2009-10-04, 20:24   Link #2528
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Ah shiek-e-dee-wiek-e-dee when will you learn how to quote right. As for the girl bit, it was posted mostly as a joke, but then it would be one redeeming quality. But then I am also the guy who said -- before you were around I think -- that Claymore would be better if all the characters were girls, even Rubel. Humor shieky, humor...
That's got to be the longest nickname I've been given yet, I have trouble pronouncing it

Sorry, but you all had it coming: this issue brought a horde of haters out of nowhere and I've been full attack mode for awhile now .

Sides', that particular point makes me angry, not just because of Raki, but because it's just stereotypical and stupid. As I said in that old post, crying should not be looked at so negatively as it is these days, whether by male or females.

As for quoting, I was in a rush this time, that's my excuse today
Old 2009-10-04, 20:35   Link #2529
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
That's got to be the longest nickname I've been given yet, I have trouble pronouncing it

Sorry, but you all had it coming: this issue brought a horde of haters out of nowhere and I've been full attack mode for awhile now .

Sides', that particular point makes me angry, not just because of Raki, but because it's just stereotypical and stupid. As I said in that old post, crying should not be looked at so negatively as it is these days, whether by male or females.

As for quoting, I was in a rush this time, that's my excuse today
Well it depends where you grow up at you know. If you grow up in some urban areas and cry like that, you'll just end up making yourself a target. In some areas, people learn not to cry very early on and look down upon someone who does as weak. But again, what really annoys me about Raki is his lack of rationality given a situation, where he chooses the irrational decision that could get everyone kill.
Old 2009-10-04, 20:39   Link #2530
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Well it depends where you grow up at you know. If you grow up in some urban areas and cry like that, you'll just end up making yourself a target. In some areas, people learn not to cry very early on and look down upon someone who does as weak
While I can understand both points, I still find the frustrating.

In a nut shell, crying gives us a totally negative reaction. Humanity has lost it's sympathy I guess.

Quote:
But again, what really annoys me about Raki is his lack of rationality given a situation, where he chooses the irrational decision that could get everyone kill.
You mind giving me an example? I'm in the mood for a brawl tonight
Old 2009-10-04, 20:42   Link #2531
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Humanity has lost it's sympathy I guess.
Good thing too.
Quote:
You mind giving me an example? I'm in the mood for a brawl tonight
Whe he tried to stop Clare from killing Elena before she Awakened.
It's not like Clare could take on an AB at that time.

Or when he refused to leave and let Clare figth freely against the Yoma in Rabona. He was only getting in her way during the figth.
Old 2009-10-04, 20:49   Link #2532
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Good thing too.
So says the guy with a new joke every day about babies and the mentally handicapped

Karma MisterJB, remember, karma

Quote:
Whe he tried to stop Clare from killing Elena before she Awakened.
It's not like Clare could take on an AB at that time.

Or when he refused to leave and let Clare figth freely against the Yoma in Rabona. He was only getting in her way during the figth.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...67#post2516567

If you're too lazy to re-read what I said, I'll summerize it: I would have been pretty ticked off if Raki showed no reaction at all to what happened.

Not everyone can be as logical or rational as you Gangsta, especially when you're barely over 10. You care for family, you stay by their side, you help them by every mean you have possible, no matter what. Claire was all he had left and he watched her get slashed and in a coma-like state for days on a bed and she was know about to face that monster again.

You really think he is just going to stand there and let it happen again? or actually do something about it?

You need to look at the same situation as if YOU were Raki, because I guarentee that 90% of you would do what he did and stay and help her.
Old 2009-10-04, 21:01   Link #2533
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For me, the thing about Raki is that when it comes to crossovers (my imagination runs wild), I never know where to slot him in my stories. For almost every other character, I could do so. As a plot device, he has his uses. Before chapter 96, his involvement was "meh" to me. I was slightly interested in his powerup, but now that the origins of that had been revealed, I'm left slightly disappointed.
Old 2009-10-04, 21:07   Link #2534
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
For me, the thing about Raki is that when it comes to crossovers (my imagination runs wild), I never know where to slot him in my stories. For almost every other character, I could do so.
Elaborate, I'm a little confused.

You mean you don't know how to make him a main character or a side character or however?

If anything, he is benevolent so I can't imagine him being portrayed as a villain. Even if Yosei's boxing fic where he was on the "bad side" and he made him arrogant and cocky(obviously not a fan ), he still ended up being with the "good guys".
Old 2009-10-04, 21:10   Link #2535
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I don't know how to include him as a character, period. Which is funny. In crossing with GetBackers, I have no difficulty in contrasting Jean with Jubei, Helen with Emishi and Miria with Paul. But, I'll be damned if I know what to cast Raki as.
Old 2009-10-04, 21:13   Link #2536
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
I don't know how to include him as a character, period. Which is funny. In crossing with GetBackers, I have no difficulty in contrasting Jean with Jubei, Helen with Emishi and Miria with Paul. But, I'll be damned if I know what to cast Raki as.
Natsumi Mizuki
Old 2009-10-04, 21:15   Link #2537
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I'm still a little confused.

Include him as whatever you want, a main protagonist, a support-character, anything. He's honorable, empathetic, strong-willed.....I'm honestly having trouble figuring out how you can't place him in a fic.

If it's about finding a similar character and taking that character's place, well, whatever main righticious male character is the obvious choice. Raki's character is pretty conventional and classical.

Well, whatever. If it really is hard, just replace him with whatever male character is the main one of the crossover. If it's a cross-over, it already automatically doesn't have to be canon; put him in situations and what not you can't imagine him in for humor.

Quote:
Natsumi Mizuki
Who?
Old 2009-10-04, 21:17   Link #2538
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Natsumi Mizuki
Oh. Haha! Nice one! Too bad I can't give you a cookie.

@Shiek927: The other qualities that you mention are not uniquely his. For example, for honour and strong will, I prefer to use Jean. As for Mizuki, she's a side character in Getbackers who is essentially Raki, but with a lot less screentime, and zero fight scenes. She's like the moral pet in Getbackers, but in the manga, even she has something philosophical to say.
Old 2009-10-04, 21:23   Link #2539
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
@Shiek927: The other qualities that you mention are not uniquely his. For example, for honour and strong will, I prefer to use Jean. As for Mizuki, she's a side character in Getbackers who is essentially Raki, but with a lot less screentime, and zero fight scenes. She's like the moral pet in Getbackers, but in the manga, even she has something philosophical to say.
whatever, it's your choice.

So why don't you just replace this girl with Raki? If this is a cross-over or whatever you call it(since it seems less like a cross-over and more like a weird fusion), then just have Raki take her place.

If it's the philosophy bit that bothers you, Raki has said some pretty interesting stuff in 81.
Old 2009-10-04, 21:29   Link #2540
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I just realised the possible explanation for me not using him. In my stories, Teresa is usually around Clare, in one way or another.