AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 33 18.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 69 39.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-06, 19:26   Link #201
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I look forward to the time when Jessica would smash down that brick wall he constructed, and make the OTP lovers happy
We all hope for that day, may it soon come so we won't die in frustration

Quote:
Isn't it great, how in Umineko pairings, women are always the ones to wear the pants in the relationship?
Well I prefer when Jessi isn't in charge...I like her getting shy more. But maybe good smack from her would help him stop emo-ing around
Old 2009-08-06, 19:33   Link #202
Fabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Just click on
大百科で調べる
And it should work
God bless you, it's just that many nicovideos are locked ^^

Lol, it's so much btter with tsurupettan

Quote:
Well I prefer when Jessi isn't in charge...I like her getting shy more. But maybe good smack from her would help him stop emo-ing around
From what I've seen in the games,
Spoiler for game:
Old 2009-08-06, 19:36   Link #203
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, Jessica does have a few shy traits in her, and she can become pretty adorable at times. Heh, Kanon is pretty much in the role that you usually see female characters playing, where he's tied down with angst and burden and Jessica having the potential to free him of all that baggage. I haven't seen a reversed role like this since Kuze and Mizuki in EF-Tale of Melodies, it's pretty refreshing to see the guy playing the damsel in distress role for once (of course he isn't one) and the girl being the one to break through him.

And JessicaUshiromiya, I'm not sure if those game spoilers are permitted in this thread.
Old 2009-08-06, 19:37   Link #204
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Okay...so i'm kinda confused.

What EXACTLY is episode 6? This whole...well everything is just confusing. She exists? She appears only before certain people/supposedly can only be seen by a few people etc.

OR She doesn't exist, but why would they all see the same image?

All of this...is just a bit weird to me >.> I AM supposed to feel this way right? haha

edit:
And i thought this whole "second" episode would almost be like an "alternate universe" or something...instead it sheds some light on the events before episode 1? So are all 4 episodes interconnected? It's not like the different universes of Higurashi?

If so...how would bernkastel help out?

second edit:
Does anyone feel that beatrice could fall in love with -> i guess battler -> in one of the later episodes? She DID blush rather cutely when Shannon said it was cute/funny that she was eating those treats...a rather cute blush hehe :P
Old 2009-08-06, 19:43   Link #205
June 1983

Well, you can interpret it in different ways:

1) The witch really exists, and only appears/can be seen to some people.
2) Kanon and Shannon are deluding themselves and/or being tricked by someone who isn't actually a witch.
3) Magic scenes/Beatrice scenes are like metaphors for what is really going on.
Old 2009-08-06, 19:43   Link #206
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Okay...so i'm kinda confused.

What EXACTLY is episode 6? This whole...well everything is just confusing. She exists? She appears only before certain people/supposedly can only be seen by a few people etc.

OR She doesn't exist, but why would they all see the same image?

All of this...is just a bit weird to me >.> I AM supposed to feel this way right? haha
Yes, you definitely are supposed to feel that way
Just wait for the next 2 episodes. If they adapt them well, you should start getting answers to many of your questions (most of them, however, will stay unanswered for a while)...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-06, 19:44   Link #207
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Well, EPisode 6 s the background. What happened before the murders accoured. About the existence....I can't answer you that that's a question of believing
Old 2009-08-06, 19:49   Link #208
Volcanic
fire of fires

EP2 is basically the "relationship" arc, as you can plainly see. But it's also important, because it starts up the true "plot" of Umineko.
Old 2009-08-06, 20:22   Link #209
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Well, you can interpret it in different ways:

1) The witch really exists, and only appears/can be seen to some people.
2) Kanon and Shannon are deluding themselves and/or being tricked by someone who isn't actually a witch.
3) Magic scenes/Beatrice scenes are like metaphors for what is really going on.
I personally view it as #3 as it makes the most sense.
Old 2009-08-06, 20:41   Link #210
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Great writing in this ep. I've seen lots of shows involving this type of forbidden relationship and yet this ep managed to glue my attention. Perhaps it's the brilliant writing in the character interaction department. Anyways, hopefully there'll be some murders next ep.
Old 2009-08-06, 21:19   Link #211
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Is there a full version of the Dokkyun song floating around anywhere?
Old 2009-08-06, 21:28   Link #212
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
Is there a full version of the Dokkyun song floating around anywhere?
Not yet. Dokkyun is Jessica's character song so it'll come out with the first song cd. You'll have to wait until then.
Old 2009-08-07, 00:52   Link #213
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I personally view it as #3 as it makes the most sense.
I subscribe to none of the above, for reasons I don't fully comprehend yet.
Old 2009-08-07, 08:19   Link #214
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
well I finally push away my laziness and say something to the ep too .

there are many things I liked as for me as Kanon fan I loved his ( rather overreacted ) coldness and emo style here, but I hate the fact that they change Jessica's character so often and also what about the uniform???? I mean come on, i know it wasn't that a pretty Seifuku from the start but green and red????? DEEN WTH???????!!!!!!
I also missed the part about
Spoiler for EP 1 of the Game:
also I didn't liked the fact that Beatrice was laughing when Kinzo was adoring her
Spoiler for EP1 game again :

about Jessica's song, well I hoped they would keep the tsurupettan song , but after all the new song might be better because of her voice actor >D

after all I give the episode 7points
Old 2009-08-07, 09:38   Link #215
Kazane

An episode without Battler just doesn't feel the same.

This episode was still good overall, and it mostly cleared up what the previous episodes failed to convey properly.

8/10
Old 2009-08-07, 10:22   Link #216
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Watched this ep properly with sub at last.....
.....and i don't know why, but the pace is kind of weird (even when most ppl seems to thik it's all right)......

Before this, Beatrice was a mystery being who existence is unknown of. But Ep 6 have her on screen for too many occasions that it feels kind of strange.... Felt like waked up one morning and see alien became part of Earthling's society...... xD

DEEN failed to impress me with KanonxJess and ShannonxGeorge relationships. I means they all lovely but failed to get my attention =/

The episode was kind of pointing to Beatrice and screaming "Here this bitch did all the murders in ep 1....". Real effort to make me drop my guard there........(I knows it plan to throw something big into my face soon.....). Still It's successful somehow because all the mystery in Ep I was faded by now...

Touhou's cosplays were a real surprised.... I knows it try to be realistic or trueful to the NV. But it's kind of disturbing seeing the fat Alice and that tall Aya.... Part of me want to see more Mari-jessa, but another just wish it will soon end. Can't even remember what Kanon was thinking during that concert since my brain was busy ramming itself into my inner skull wall T___T'

What else.....

Ah yeah... the 2nd portray of Beato was the best thing i see this episode. That little change put me into the caution mode because i thought some new character and clues will be introduced into the OP. It didn't... but oh well.... it still works ^^

PS: This episode is weakest in my ranking...... For me it was 6<1<2,3<4,5
Old 2009-08-07, 10:23   Link #217
klare

thx for all the explanations here

at first i thought this series is more like murder cases that can be solved with scientific answers...
Old 2009-08-07, 10:44   Link #218
maximilianjenus
[E]

It can still be , if you think that magic is a methapor. Like, a lot fo people think that "beatrice" from the current scenes is actually jessica and that also explains why kanon is so angry at jessica, because she is setting up shannon for a FAIL relationship with george.

Just a question: eva telling of shannon really happens when george is 21 and shannon 14 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
8| Cop-out. xD

Watching the subs, I found Jessica's friends hilarious. Kanon's so emo Jessica had to hide it by pretending he was her boyfriend
Spoiler for novel, same scene:

Quote:
THE SEA IS AS DARK AS HIS SOUL AND HEART But another thing. What are both doing at night at the share? <.< And who is actually sharing a room with Shannon (there were two beds in her room)
Kanon, obviously.

Now about my impression, the chapter was good overall, though they skipped the fish joke which was the highlight of george and shanon's date for me. Tsurupettan was not there which is good but the song they put was not an improvement at all, I would give this Episode a 9/10 but since it has no battler I will give it a 0/10.
Old 2009-08-07, 10:45   Link #219
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
This episode was still good overall, and it mostly cleared up what the previous episodes failed to convey properly.
It didnt 'fail to convey properly'. It did exactly what it was supposed to do : serve as an introductory arc that gives you a glimpse of the overall picture before the future arcs take over and dive into more detail.
Old 2009-08-07, 10:51   Link #220
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
thx for all the explanations here

at first i thought this series is more like murder cases that can be solved with scientific answers...
If you believe Battler, then they can be solved like that. Despite how Beatrice has shown herself to people in the real world there is still no solid evidence that she is the murderer. I'm pretty sure we worked out plausible ways for humans to have done each of the murders back in the Ep. I-V thread (although I no longer suspect Maria had as much of a hand in them as I had).
Closed Thread