AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 16:18   Link #18841
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It's impossible to fire guns with muffin hands, anyway.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 16:23   Link #18842
Cao Ni Ma

They're oven mitts! Ive seen boxers operate computers while still having their gloves on, using a rifle wouldn't be much of a stretch after that!
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 16:46   Link #18843
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Actually tho I generally hate the idea of a George culprit, arc 3 is more or less the exception to that. Eva Beatrice is shown to us as being Eva, but is it really her?
Eva Beatrice is originally "Inner Eva" and also "Eva's childhood dreams" basically - something she pushed on to George. Later in the arc Eva Beato herself says that she basically isn't dependant on Eva anymore.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 18:09   Link #18844
Leafsnail

By the way, possibility for culprits in each arc:

The first 2 episodes both have the same culprit: "Yasu". Shannon and Kanon are fictional entities, representing the culprit. This is because the first 2 episodes were written by Yasu before the incident and thrown to sea. There are no real obstacles to a Shkannon culprit in either of these (faked deaths in ep1, Shannon suicide in ep2?).

The second 2 episodes both have the same culprit: Kyrie. There are no real obstacles to her being the culprit in either of these. This is because it was written after the incident, and thus whoever's writing now knows what actually went down, and is writing according to what happened, rather than future plans.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:43   Link #18845
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
The fact that so many people are willing to say that there's no possible way Maria could commit murder, or that she's completely innocent/ignorant, is why I think a Maria murder accomplice reveal could have such an impact. If we found out in EP8 that she had some sizable hand in the events went down, if we looked over everything that has been shown and presented about her, nobody could really say that it came out of no where or that it's unrealistic. It would turn the events on the island into a true tragedy, with a misguided and abused girl doing horrific things for her unfortunate friend looking for love.
Except it'd basically be undoing the character development they gave Maria. It made most of Episode Four a pointless exercise.

"Oh my god Maria is creepy and suspicious she totally did it" -> "Ohhhh, so that's why she's like that. Poor girl, she's way more understandable, sympathetic, and innocent than we were lead on." -> "Oh wait she really did knowingly kill people lol."

Quote:
We already know she was strangled and people doing mis diagnosis is pretty common in this series so far as we could infer that Shanon or Kanon wasn't dead after the first twilight.
You say "misdiagnose", I say "lying."

Besides, Maria was out in the cold rain, not in a comfortable spot. EP6 and EP7 confirm that all the faked deaths are in places where a person can sit comfortably for hours. Maria, laying out in the rain and thunder, with a bloody mouth and open eyes.....yeaaaa....no.

Quote:
Then tell me a theory that fits every single aspect of EP3 including the latches being placed after there is no person that could apparently re-set them, Krauss, Natsuhi, George and Nanjo's death. EP7 has a particular truth but it doesn't cover every single thing in it. Here's hoping that Battler's or whoever is going to be narrating EP8 does!
For one thing, we've never been given a Red that all the murders were done by one person, and it's impossible for it to be so, Maria included. There's no need to invoke Maria dodging a Red Truth at all because there's other people who can do everything you're trying to make her do, and more plausibly.

Quote:
Actually tho I generally hate the idea of a George culprit, arc 3 is more or less the exception to that. Eva Beatrice is shown to us as being Eva, but is it really her?
Eva Beatrice is originally "Inner Eva" and also "Eva's childhood dreams" basically - something she pushed on to George. Later in the arc Eva Beato herself says that she basically isn't dependant on Eva anymore.
This is fucking awesome. Someone post George's face on the Evatrice sprite pronto.

Quote:
The first 2 episodes both have the same culprit: "Yasu". Shannon and Kanon are fictional entities, representing the culprit. This is because the first 2 episodes were written by Yasu before the incident and thrown to sea. There are no real obstacles to a Shkannon culprit in either of these (faked deaths in ep1, Shannon suicide in ep2?).
And the Whydunnit is...?

Quote:
The second 2 episodes both have the same culprit: Kyrie. There are no real obstacles to her being the culprit in either of these. This is because it was written after the incident, and thus whoever's writing now knows what actually went down, and is writing according to what happened, rather than future plans.
This might work for Episode Four, MAYBE, but Kyrie can't of caused all the murders of EP3. I would peg her getting up and killing Nanjo and George, assuming them to be accomplices of the person who tried to kill her, but otherwise no.
Old 2010-11-14, 22:58   Link #18846
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Except it'd basically be undoing the character development they gave Maria. It made most of Episode Four a pointless exercise.

"Oh my god Maria is creepy and suspicious she totally did it" -> "Ohhhh, so that's why she's like that. Poor girl, she's way more understandable, sympathetic, and innocent than we were lead on." -> "Oh wait she really did knowingly kill people lol."
I'm sure that if this is the truth, Ryuu will find a excellent way to extend her character and tie it all together rather than destry it. I can envision scenaroes where Maria would go down this path, while keeping in line with her mindset and what she believes.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 00:24   Link #18847
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Maybe, but it would still create plotholes in his characterization. Besides, he already has ENOUGH shit to cover, explain, and settle without having to deal with reinventing Maria's character AGAIN.

Face it, the only reason people suspect her of being up to something is because of her red herring characterization in the first two episodes, and her flanderized craziness in the anime.
Old 2010-11-15, 10:22   Link #18848
B.kun

wait a moment...

http://07th-expansion.net/wait_a_moment.html
B.kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:17   Link #18849
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.kun View Post
It might just be the 07th website is getting a face lift. Doesn't seem to be related to the actual games, unless information will be published.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:33   Link #18850
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I'm not sure Yoshiya was meant to refer to Yeshua/Jesus (especially considering that would make Maria the mother *shudders*)
Nontheless if such a relation is intended, Yasu actually is another spelling of Jesus.

Also, Ryukishi loves number names way too much.
Wait a second what if Yasu's mother WAS named Maria and the name Beatrice is an inherited title to represent the perfect woman Kinzo desires?
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 11:45   Link #18851
Used Can

Yasu is a nickname which comes from the surname that was given to her (Yasuda). Hell, the nickname Yasu is basically there to mean worthless/useless. As for the name Yasu was given in Fukuin, we have no idea. It could be Sayo, Yoshiya, hell, even Asaka or something completely unrelated.
Old 2010-11-15, 13:36   Link #18852
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
It might just be the 07th website is getting a face lift. Doesn't seem to be related to the actual games, unless information will be published.
Well, context might be helpful here - it's actually a link on the site menu labeled "????".

Looks like some sort of announcement, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 13:41   Link #18853
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.kun View Post
Quote:
【新しいページを準備中】
11月21日に公開を予定しております。
どうぞお楽しみに!!!
The new page is in preparation.
The site is set to be open to public in November 21st.
Please enjoy it!!!
Old 2010-11-15, 13:41   Link #18854
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's probably just a new section of the home page.

This is probably what Ryuukishi was talking about when he said he had an announcement to make.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 14:30   Link #18855
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Wait a second what if Yasu's mother WAS named Maria and the name Beatrice is an inherited title to represent the perfect woman Kinzo desires?
He seemed to have named her Beatrice from the outset, what with his reincarnation belief, and the fact that she doesn't answer to any name but Beatrice. It's her birth name.

Quote:
Yasu is a nickname which comes from the surname that was given to her (Yasuda). Hell, the nickname Yasu is basically there to mean worthless/useless. As for the name Yasu was given in Fukuin, we have no idea. It could be Sayo, Yoshiya, hell, even Asaka or something completely unrelated.
Which actually makes me remember my problem with Yasu's real name being Maria: It'd make her a second Manon.
Old 2010-11-15, 15:08   Link #18856
Kylon99

Well, they could've switched to on-yomi if it was something like Maria with a 真 for the first 'Ma' sounds. It then becomes 'Shin' or put together, 'Shinon.' Or it could be a different kanji for 'ma' altogether that has a 'Ma' sounds.

Kanji used for Japanese names can be played around with so much it isn't funny. i.e. Battler...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:05   Link #18857
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

I like the idea of George as culprit for EP3, but for other episodes not so much. Same for Kyrie, but I could imagine her being part of it in EP4 too. She seems to die early in the first two episodes.

Do note that the ???? page is the next one right under the titles of Umineko and Higurashi. Could it be his new project?
What kind of story could it be, if it's When They Cry 5? He has done a village mystery, a closed circle island... repeating and endless train trip? Or maybe a hard-boiled detective story?
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:23   Link #18858
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Well, they could've switched to on-yomi if it was something like Maria with a 真 for the first 'Ma' sounds. It then becomes 'Shin' or put together, 'Shinon.' Or it could be a different kanji for 'ma' altogether that has a 'Ma' sounds.

Kanji used for Japanese names can be played around with so much it isn't funny. i.e. Battler...
I'm aware, but none of that is present in the "Maria Ushiromiya" she signed the bottle messages with; it's the exact same name, Kanji-wise, as Maria Ushiromiya, and the "Ma" is the same as the one in "Manon."

Either way, she has to lie about her name, which totally ruins the point of making her name "Maria" in the first place.

As for Ryukishi's new project, he's already doing Higanbana no Saku Yoro ni, isn't he?
Old 2010-11-15, 18:30   Link #18859
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
As for Ryukishi's new project, he's already doing Higanbana no Saku Yoro ni, isn't he?
Well he has been doing all kinds of projects like Ookamikakushi while writing Umineko. And Higanbana isn't exactly part of the When They Cry -series, even though the name sounds similar (plus it's written mostly in Kanji, while WTC titles have only 'Koro' and things like 'Kai' and 'Chiru' in Kanji.)
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 03:34   Link #18860
Used Can

Quote:
I'm aware, but none of that is present in the "Maria Ushiromiya" she signed the bottle messages with; it's the exact same name, Kanji-wise, as Maria Ushiromiya, and the "Ma" is the same as the one in "Manon.
真里亞 = Maria
眞音 = Manon

真 = Maria's "Ma"
眞 = Manon's "Ma"

As you can see, they are not the same. Although, they have the exact same meaning and readings as well.