AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favourite Rose (and co.) generation
Youko, Sei, Eriko 38 45.78%
Sachiko, Rei, Minako, Rosa Canina, Shiori, etc 13 15.66%
Yumi, Shimako, Yoshino, Tsutako, Mami, Katsura, etc 26 31.33%
Noriko, Touko, Kanako, etc. 6 7.23%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-24, 11:38   Link #1
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Your favorite St. Lillian's class?

Well, we have had some prefered Marimite characters polls before, but this one will deal with the whole Rose (and companions) generations as a whole.

First we have the already matured (and later graduated) people like Youko, Sei and Eriko

Then we have the maturing in process people from the second generation like Sachiko, Rei, and their grade classmates like Rosa Canina, Minako and Shiori

In the third place we see some of the main characters of the series. People that are (very) slowly starting to bloom, and the one we will see the most alongside the series. Yumi, Yoshino, Shimaku, Tsutaku, Mami, Katsura and a lot of people I must be forgetting

And finally we have the freshmen, the people that came to add some spice to the series like Noriko, Touko, and the yet to come Kanako.

Out of the lot I have to say that I like the newcommers the most, since they seem to be the ones with the most active personalities (greatly contransting with the sometimes passive and receptive actitude of their upper classmates)

Last edited by Proto; 2004-11-24 at 14:22.
Old 2004-11-24, 14:20   Link #2
baik!
baik the cow!

Send a message via ICQ to baik!
uuggh what a difficult poll to answer.

i really loved the sachiko-yumi relationship story from the first season. it was everything a love story should be; a stormy, tender sometimes volatile relationship. i'm liking the shimako-noriko relationship this season, even though it's not so 'exciting' (remember them just looking at each other for a few minutes? ). the graduation arc at the beginning of the second season made me love the seniors so much more. i guess this is the way i would divide things.

so i can't answer your poll. i love them all equally, in a different way. but story-wise, it's all happening with yumi-chan and sachiko, so they're my favourite pair. yumi-chan and sachiko should be on-screen more.
Old 2004-11-24, 14:25   Link #3
Proto

Don't you love difficult polls ^_^

Well I know that one of the big points of this series are the pairings between the senpai's and the kouhei's, however the poll tries to see it from another POV by analyzing the group of people that provides the most for the series, in your opinion

In your case since you said Yumy and Sachiko, and Shimako and Noriko you may want to vote for the recurring generation there
Old 2004-11-24, 15:40   Link #4
Bracken33

I really cannot answer this one. All generations are great. Would be easier to say which kind (red, yellow, white) of roses I like the most.

So no vote here...
Old 2004-11-24, 18:45   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

An incredibly tough choice. The eldest generation are very cool and wise. That makes me like them a lot, but I don't know them as well as I would like to. Sachiko's generation are also really cool, but somehow just a trifle too aloof for my taste. Yumi's generation are really friendly and I like them a lot, but they are still too green and inexperienced. Finally, I don't feel that I know the kids well enough to rate them yet...

I'll have to think for a while longer before I vote on this! It's really a lot easier to rate them by color - Red, White and Yellow - since those each have a strong personality to associate with them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-24, 19:32   Link #6
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Thumbs up

I thought about this one for a few minutes and my favorites are the third generation. I love them all a whole lot, but my favorite would have to be Yumi, yoshino and shimako. We have seen them bloom from the beginning and as they grow it is just exciting to see the changes. So for me it was an easy choice.
Old 2004-11-24, 22:10   Link #7
The Yellow Dwarf

This is easy for me: Sei, Youko and Eriko. Maturity, competence, and absolute class. There is no comparison between them and the younger generations.

BTW, should Shimako be grouped into Sachiko's generation or is this system going by year status?
Old 2004-11-24, 22:54   Link #8
Proto

I prefered to go by year, so that the classmates could enter into consideration rather than just restricting to the Rose Council. .... not that we know of any classmate of the Youko-tachi generation (at least from what we've been told in the series)
Old 2004-11-25, 00:58   Link #9
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well since I have a tendency towards maturity, I'm for the most senior of the bunch (Youko and co.).
Old 2004-11-25, 13:10   Link #10
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Definitely the newcomers. Especially the Touko<---->Kanako relationship, the "Drill vs. Denpa" competition.
Old 2004-11-29, 08:10   Link #11
Lights

This was, ah, more difficult than I had thought it'd be.

But I must say as much as I love Shimako, I don't think she can beat the uber formula of Eriko + Youko + and most of all, Sei-sama!!!! XD~~~~

I just think these Roses are just so perfect when put together, I can't imagine any combo that would beat this.

Just a quick thought... does that mean Shimako will get to be Rosa Gigantea two years in a row? Does she even have to run for the position...?
Old 2004-11-30, 07:05   Link #12
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights

Just a quick thought... does that mean Shimako will get to be Rosa Gigantea two years in a row? Does she even have to run for the position...?
Well, the answer to the first question is of course yes, seeing as Shimako is, after all, still a second year. However, the second quetion is a ittle more interesting. I think that Shimako does indeed have to run again for the position of Rosa Gigantea, considering that she should have the choice of NOT being in the Yamayurikai. Granted, with how simple it is for the Yamayurikai to just use their souers to take their place as Roses, I don't see how someone who already is a Rose could lose to anyone else. Or why anyone else would even run against her.

And I doubt Shimako would be skeptical about running again -- she has Noriko now, after all. ^^
Old 2004-12-01, 11:08   Link #13
seiftis
~defying fate

The first option: Youko, Sei, and Eriko for me~
Old 2004-12-02, 23:58   Link #14
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

I also, voted for the graduated Bara generation: Youko, Sei, and Eriko
I like their maturity ^^ they know haw to deal with people so much ^.^
Old 2004-12-03, 03:00   Link #15
JokerD

Definitely the graduated roses, even if Mizuno Youko has a lot to do with it, the roses left behind cannot even begin to fill their shoes. As of this moment, I think even if the 3 roses of Shimako, Rei and Sachiko banded together, I doubt their capabilities can surpass Youko's.
That and Sei is just too cool for words.
Eriko's funny too.
Old 2004-12-03, 03:33   Link #16
Ialdaboth

Graduated Roses.
As if we had the choice.

But the best class ever would be Sei, Sachiko, Yoshino and Noriko.
Old 2005-01-01, 09:29   Link #17
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
I agree that it's a really tough choice--I like all of them!
But somehow I ended up getting attached to Youko, Sei, and Eriko. It was really hard to see them graduate, put me off watching ~Haru~ for a few months, lol.
Even as I'm growing attached to the newer generations, the older generation will always have a place in my heart...
Old 2005-12-23, 10:32   Link #18
shadowWizz

Send a message via MSN to shadowWizz
I love the seniors...
They are too cool...

~ I’m always ready to learn, but I do not always like to be taught.~
Old 2007-05-05, 12:24   Link #19
nishisa

Sei, Youko, Eriko
I like the three of them
coz they are amazing roses
but I like Sei the most
Old 2007-05-05, 13:44   Link #20
Ronja
making the flowers grow;)

Nope, I can't vote, it's too tough for me to decide.
Closed Thread