AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-13, 11:28   Link #361
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Yep, the GOP playing real dirty to try and get back into power. Trying to cheat their way into power, like they did in some past elections. They are a real bunch of criminals, if you ask me.
Welllllll, you can go back in history and find egregious examples of vote count fraud by both parties. But there's really no debating that in our last 20 years or so its been pretty one-sided in terms of "we can't win on our ideas so we'll just keep the others from voting".
Old 2012-09-13, 12:43   Link #362
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
If the GOP had done it, it would have better production values.
Not really. GOP doesn't utilize the same Hollywood connections that the DNC can easily use. Just look at the respective conventions: the RNC was stilted with bad sets and props, whereas the DNC had great sets and decent pacing (additionally, the DNC convention videos were far and away better in terms of quality and production value compared to the RNC convention videos).

That being said, it doesn't really matter who created the video, all that matters is the inevitable blowout over the video, and Romney is looking like he has egg on his face, whereas Obama is acting cool and in control (one of the DNC talking points is solely about how passionate Obama is, even if he doesn't always show it).
Old 2012-09-13, 13:07   Link #363
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

But... but... the GOP has like a trillion country singers on their side.
And a few whackjob actors out of jobs.
Old 2012-09-13, 13:30   Link #364
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And Chuck Norris. And Clint Eastwood. And Schwarzeneger.

Too bad Stallone beat them to the punch with the Expendables, or they could have made a bitching campaign movie...
Old 2012-09-13, 13:45   Link #365
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Too bad Stallone beat them to the punch with the Expendables, or they could have made a bitching campaign movie...
I thought Arnie was a democrat?
Old 2012-09-13, 13:59   Link #366
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I thought Arnie was a democrat?
Republican. Though as governor of California he was not exactly a GOP party man.
Old 2012-09-13, 14:05   Link #367
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, I mean, he's married to a Kennedy.
He has to go moderate, or he gets the couch treatment.

Arnie has long been a Democrat-leaning Republican, even appointing a Kennedy as his chief of staff.
(and marrying another)
Old 2012-09-13, 14:51   Link #368
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

About Chuck Norris, he is a cool guy, we all like lulzing at the Chuck Norris jokes, but he needs to stay outta politics.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:39   Link #369
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Clint and Arnie are what we call "Eisenhower Republicans" or maybe "socially liberal, fiscally conservative".... which is, of course, the devil to the currently extreme GOP. They don't know what to do with these guys because they're fantasy icons for the right (well, most people either side) but they're telling these extremists that they're, well, idiots and extremists.

Chuck, otoh, clearly has been hit on the head too many times. He has trouble forming coherent thoughts and makes as little sense as Ted Nugent (who is a 'C' grade rocker that used to have long hair. The GOP would point him as their token "we have long hair conservatives!" 20 years ago or so).
Old 2012-09-13, 16:42   Link #370
Zakoo

Stars should always stay out of politics anyway. People are supposed to vote for a program and sometimes how the president itself is but not for the people supporting him.
Old 2012-09-13, 17:00   Link #371
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Stars should always stay out of politics anyway. People are supposed to vote for a program and sometimes how the president itself is but not for the people supporting him.
Star should stay away from much anything. Unless they have really any relevent knowledges or experiences related on a subject, their opinion is as worth ( or worthless ) as anybody. NOtoriety do not equal relevence.

Edit : Romney puts softer edge on Libya criticism
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...criticism?lite
Or ''Romney trying not to pass as moror'' ...
Quote:
"The world needs American leadership. The Middle East needs American leadership," Romney continued. "And I intend to be a President that provides the leadership that America respects and will keep us admired throughout the world.”
To be abble to have leadership you need to have credibility ( which the US is still trying to get back) or enough big guns, but them it no longer leadership.

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-09-13 at 17:40.
Old 2012-09-13, 18:08   Link #372
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm sure the Middle East appreciated being told they need American leadership and that he plans to enforce "Pax Americana" ....

Can this guy say *anything* without both feet firmly in his mouth?
Old 2012-09-13, 18:31   Link #373
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm sure the Middle East appreciated being told they need American leadership and that he plans to enforce "Pax Americana" ....

I'm amazed by it. Usually even politicians wait before criticizing a President in the middle of a situation like this. Especially when barely any of the facts regarding what happened were known. Hardly any of the other GOP members joined Romney in his criticism which shows how far he jumped out of line.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2012-09-13 at 18:48.
Old 2012-09-13, 18:33   Link #374
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Probably, he need at least one feet to stamp down facts, morality, US jobs or US business .
Old 2012-09-13, 19:41   Link #375
GDB

Quote:
An especially considerable feat considering his head is up his ass.
Old 2012-09-13, 20:04   Link #376
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:

We didn't elect Romney. We don't need him telling us how to run our countries.

America's values of Freedom and Democracy are great, but I have a feeling that Romney (and the GOP) only wants the world to have the freedom to be more like America. Is that really freedom?
Old 2012-09-13, 20:27   Link #377
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
America's values of Freedom and Democracy are great, but I have a feeling that Romney (and the GOP) only wants the world to have the freedom to be more like America. Is that really freedom?
You forget than he think than he still have a mindset of the Cold War, he want them to not be on the ennemy side and to be a marked for US product.
Old 2012-09-13, 20:46   Link #378
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You forget than he think than he still have a mindset of the Cold War, he want them to not be on the ennemy side and to be a marked for US product.
His side seems to be what Lyndon Johnson espoused when US went full force into Vietnam.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-13, 21:12   Link #379
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
We didn't elect Romney. We don't need him telling us how to run our countries.

"freedom more like America" == corporate crony capitalism and freedom for the ultra-rich... for the rest, meh. I cheer for Europe any time they're able to sidestep some of the junk laws the US keeps pressing on the world.
Old 2012-09-13, 21:33   Link #380
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I cheer for Europe any time they're able to sidestep some of the junk laws the US keeps pressing on the world.
Only for the EU ? Did you already give-up on Australia or Canada ?