AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-29, 13:17   Link #6121
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Nagai making his cloverfield stories in Railgun = fail + inconsistency in timeline + characters going out of characters (Mikoto making her weaker friends take part in a fight against a dangerous group)
Wasn't a fan of the little extra filler in the Sister's arc either which I know will happen in Daihaiseisai for sure. (」゜ロ゜)」

Speaking of which, I wondering if we'll learn more of Mitori soon.
Old 2013-10-29, 15:11   Link #6122
SilverTalon

Quote:
But the fact remains how in Railgun season 1 and 2, because they couldn't move onto a new arc due to the next arc still in progress at the time respectively, they had no choice but to add a filler arc.
S1 maybe, but S2 definitely had space left to put in LA City. They just decided to save it. 8 episodes after the sister arc were left and there are 8 chapters in the mini novel so it wouldn't even have to be rushed... and if there was too much time left, they are conveniently at a beach and S1 managed to use an entire episode for a swimsuit episode (rather they not though).

And I thought S1's Thelestina filler arc was pretty well done. It ends the plot line with Kiyama's students, introduces stuff that shows up later on like capacity down and how the scientists are willing to toss away absolutely anything to try to reach level 6, and had an awesome psycho Kihara for the villain. Sure it isn't the shining jewel of Railgun, but it isn't really bad.
Old 2013-10-30, 10:43   Link #6123
Baron-Zara

Chap out on Torrent.

Hime Dakko Touma was so lol.

Damn...Gunha got pissed for letting his guard down. He's going to raise his GUTS to another level now. He looked Really BA with blood though hehe.

Mikoto is getting stronger and stronger. Let's see how they'll do this since Touma can't negate it. All depends on Misaki now.

Misaki is in a Dai pinchi. But DAT BELLY BUTTON *A*

Gensei is crazy. Well he's a Kihara so no surprise there XD

Another amazing chap. Loving this arc so much ^^
Old 2013-10-30, 13:52   Link #6124
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron-Zara View Post
Chap out on Torrent.
Yeah, saw that. Though, pretty sure there is an error on page 17. One of the bubbles says "He didn't even check," but the japanese on the spoiler reads 視えなかった which should mean something close to "couldn't see it," presumably meaning her attack.

Still can't find a raw though
Old 2013-10-30, 16:11   Link #6125
Mephis
Banned

Ok, read the translated chapter. I think it's time for us to bring in the current existing material from the Index Side to speculate what Gensei has really in mind for this plan. I don't think he is just planning on her getting to level 6, but something else must be in plan, and probably something on concept that already exists, but has already pertained to Accelerator, Last Order and Kazakiri Hyouka. Maybe it does have something to do with Aiwass or is it something to do with Aleister's plan?
Old 2013-10-30, 17:12   Link #6126
BaronNoir

I'm a big fan of Railgun Anime, so I'm wondering about buying Magical Index (anime and manga). Stupid question, but is there a big difference between the two, or it's mostly a retelling ?
Old 2013-10-30, 17:17   Link #6127
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronNoir View Post
I'm a big fan of Railgun Anime, so I'm wondering about buying Magical Index (anime and manga). Stupid question, but is there a big difference between the two, or it's mostly a retelling ?
Index manga = most outdated in story

Anime = Up to SS1

Well you can always save your money and read them online.
Old 2013-10-30, 18:39   Link #6128
silvercover
Romance Expert

actually guys, with the latest chap I think we can safely go away with the possibility that touma goes to save misaki. if he leaves, mikoto will get stronger and closer to being a level 6 without him. remember he'll still have to fight gensei and he's not that type of villain to fall quickly.

what I really like with this chapter though, is that at least touma isnt the one who'll get all the glory since he cant just dispel it with his hand. all he is now is just a supporting character, what he should be in railgun.
Old 2013-10-30, 18:45   Link #6129
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Index manga = most outdated in story

Anime = Up to SS1

Well you can always save your money and read them online.
And neither is really a re-telling of each other.
Old 2013-10-30, 18:52   Link #6130
ellifeedn
Thinker

How is the guy a scientist? He utterly fails at it.
Old 2013-10-30, 19:04   Link #6131
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
actually guys, with the latest chap I think we can safely go away with the possibility that touma goes to save misaki. if he leaves, mikoto will get stronger and closer to being a level 6 without him. remember he'll still have to fight gensei and he's not that type of villain to fall quickly.

what I really like with this chapter though, is that at least touma isnt the one who'll get all the glory since he cant just dispel it with his hand. all he is now is just a supporting character, what he should be in railgun.
i feel the opposite, i hope he continue to stay being a major secondary character in railgun. anyways touma certainly does more then just dispel i just wish some of his haters began to realize he knows how to strategize as well, it gets rather tiring with how a number of people considers touma to just know how to dispel only, and that all. one more thing, just because touma can't save this day alone doesn't mean he just turn into a supporting character it just means he can't do this all alone and by the situation i consider the fact he well stay with gunha side to back him up as of now with the way how the manga is going.
Old 2013-10-30, 20:27   Link #6132
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I don't know... But I think Touma is virtually powerless to deal with Mikoto at this point. No matter how hard he tries to dispel the transformation, she instantly regenerate. For that, stopping Gensei and Mitori at the same time has to be the top priority this time. Here I personally think the next upcoming chapters would be like this:-

- Touma would likely to get blown away by Mikoto and crash-land into whatever building Gensei is most likely there. As he tries to get back into the fight, He runs into Gensei (and Misaki in distress. ).
- I'm sure Gunha is currently the only one who could keep up the pressure against Mikoto, if he really has the ability to imitate his opponent's power level.
- Kuroko got to make pace to stop Mitori from manipulating Mikoto mentally.
- Amata may likely to make a debut in this arc
- Accel might or might not appear. But he's most likely handicap without the Misaka Network functioning properly, unless he's searching for the source of anomaly
Old 2013-10-30, 20:30   Link #6133
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

So, if Misaka gets to 53% she'll start speaking angelic? And maybe grow wings?
Damn, I want to see what happens...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2013-10-30, 20:44   Link #6134
Mephis
Banned

Now that I think about it, Mikoto's condition right now is similar to when Tsuchimikado got affected by Oriana's spell that made Touma unable to cancel out the spell because it just kept reviving itself, which means without killing the source, their efforts will be in vain.
Old 2013-10-30, 21:10   Link #6135
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I don't know... But I think Touma is virtually powerless to deal with Mikoto at this point. No matter how hard he tries to dispel the transformation, she instantly regenerate. For that, stopping Gensei and Mitori at the same time has to be the top priority this time. Here I personally think the next upcoming chapters would be like this:-

- Touma would likely to get blown away by Mikoto and crash-land into whatever building Gensei is most likely there. As he tries to get back into the fight, He runs into Gensei (and Misaki in distress. ).
- I'm sure Gunha is currently the only one who could keep up the pressure against Mikoto, if he really has the ability to imitate his opponent's power level.
- Kuroko got to make pace to stop Mitori from manipulating Mikoto mentally.
- Amata may likely to make a debut in this arc
- Accel might or might not appear. But he's most likely handicap without the Misaka Network functioning properly, unless he's searching for the source of anomaly
kinda makes me wonder when have you thought touma had any powers to begin with that is considered strong? sure he has imagine breaker+precog but that really isn't what you would call a destructive abilities but more closer to a powerful defensive type. anyways im sure hes gonna cook something up with gunha doing most of the work atm of course but as of now we just wait and see what happens next since your speculations seems like it might turn into a situation with touma helping misaki(please i beg of you kamachi) i would love to see them interact more.
Old 2013-10-30, 21:19   Link #6136
whitecloud

It seems all kihara is crazy...no matter who they are, what they are, even the dog is crazy..and every kihara has to be a scientist or at least have a curiosity for the unknown and exotic even in the OTHER SERIES....
Old 2013-10-30, 21:57   Link #6137
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
So, if Misaka gets to 53% she'll start speaking angelic? And maybe grow wings?
Damn, I want to see what happens...
is hard to say, the case of Accelerator and demon Mikoto are essentially different, Accelerator added new values ​​his personal reality and still have the infuence of Index music (which apparently also influenced this) already Demon Mikoto is constantly receiving power and more power and just this.

Last edited by Acer; 2013-10-30 at 22:25.
Old 2013-10-30, 22:18   Link #6138
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
How is the guy a scientist? He utterly fails at it.
Mind elaborating a bit?
Old 2013-10-30, 22:28   Link #6139
whitecloud

Unfortunately...she never meet index in this form, if she ever meet, there maybe something interesting happen...
Old 2013-10-30, 22:57   Link #6140
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Mind elaborating a bit?
A real scientist would perform an experiment in a controlled environment where external factors are limited and they are able to take measurements. Kihara on the other hand lets a walking time bomb go into an urban environment with the hope that it'll explode and he'll see God. I'm sure I can think of a more elaborate comparison, but not right now.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen