4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-14, 22:05   Link #61
myopius

The episodes just get increasingly awesome. And deeper, too, judging by the discussion I'm reading in this thread that's just way over me unless I were to also click on the tips. The tip that somebody quoted was really interesting, though.

I hope that once this series is over, somebody can tie it all together (although I know not every question is answered) for those of us who are slow-witted.
Old 2006-09-14, 22:46   Link #62
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Haha,I loved this episode.Rena is one loli you do not want to mess with!Contrary to other characters she doesn't waste time in schemes and such,but goes directly for the kill!

And I just loved when Rena led Rina through the dump and told her it's her "secret hiding place,where nobody goes...nor can anyone hear anything".That's as good a death sentence as it gets ^_^

You know you got good friends when they help you dispose of the bodies XD
Old 2006-09-15, 00:42   Link #63
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
You know you got good friends when they help you dispose of the bodies XD
Quoted because it bears repeating

Much 'wow' in this episode. And a nice shot in the eye to the people who kept saying that Rena's giant knife was just fanservice :P

It's strange, though: in the "spoiler scene" at the beginning of Tatarigoroshi-hen, Rina got the Watanagashi Deluxe Package and was tossed into a river. Here, she's beaten and dismembered and buried in a cave. FPB smells mindscrew
And every time I see Ooishi I get this overwhelming 'oh crap' feeling - especially this time. It's like he always knows everything before he even gets started. So cheap.
Old 2006-09-15, 15:10   Link #64
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Great episode. It was satisfying to see Rena extract "justice"(?) on the ones who would have ruined her fathers life if she hadn't done something. Call me strange or disturbed but I especially liked the part where Rina got the look of fear in her eye when she noticed the lead pipe in Renas hand, and realized what she was about to do with it so she makes a desperate but hopeless cry for mercy only to have it thrown out the window, and her face crushed in and her teeth knocked out.

I always found it more satisfying in movies,novels,games, and comic books where the victim knows whats coming to them, theres no negotiating around it, yet they still try to come out with the "No please wait!".

It's no fun when the victim get taken out by surprise like in Teppeis case.

I was also impressed by how deep the friendship Keichi and the others had for Rena that they were so willing to be forgiving AND to help her dispose of the bodys no less. That was truly some good bonding right there.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-09-15, 17:33   Link #65
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i knew Rena was going to get nasty on them but damn. Keiichi and everyone came to her aid because they are friends. But how far does friendship go? covering up a murder and helping your friend get away with it thats what i call a tight relationship.

Was that chick that Rena beat to hamburger really pregnant or was she just using that as an excuse?
Old 2006-09-15, 17:56   Link #66
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Was that chick that Rena beat to hamburger really pregnant or was she just using that as an excuse?
It seemed to me like she'd made it up to fool Rena's dad.
Old 2006-09-15, 23:00   Link #67
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
But how far does friendship go? covering up a murder and helping your friend get away with it thats what i call a tight relationship.
I find it interesting that K1 is all "we're friends, so we need to tell each other stuff!" here, but in Tatarigoroshi-hen he hid what he did even though all his friends knew what happened. -1 for hipocrisy.
Old 2006-09-15, 23:40   Link #68
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
I find it interesting that K1 is all "we're friends, so we need to tell each other stuff!" here, but in Tatarigoroshi-hen he hid what he did even though all his friends knew what happened. -1 for hipocrisy.
No, he was talking about if Rena had a problem this bad, she shouldn't be hiding it from the gang, since this is something they could help with. I really don't think he meant "well if any of you guys have recently murdered anyone just tell us we'll understand!"
Old 2006-09-16, 10:41   Link #69
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I know that's what he meant. K1 obviously had some major problems in Onikakushi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen (Onikakushi-hen doesn't really count, because the only people he would have told seemed to be trying to kill him), but he never told anyone.
Old 2006-09-16, 11:50   Link #70
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy

I agree practice what you preach. If you gun hoe for friends dont hide then K! should live up to the bullshit he putting out
Old 2006-09-16, 12:09   Link #71
Choki
I believe i can fly

Im wondering....the response Keiichi and gang showed.....does it show that the bonding of the people of Hinamizawa
Old 2006-09-16, 12:49   Link #72
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choki
Im wondering....the response Keiichi and gang showed.....does it show that the bonding of the people of Hinamizawa
True. But I can't help thinking that Rena will eventually kill then all, thinking that someone might say something. But who knows what will happen?
Old 2006-09-16, 13:55   Link #73
Jaden

Damn I jumped at around 12:20 when Rena is chopping limbs off the corpse and Keiichi says "Hey hey, you're missing quite some pieces there" before the scene shifts to them playing mahjong.
Old 2006-09-16, 18:41   Link #74
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Whoa I love ebil Rena! For a sec I thought she was gonna chop up everyone else too when she was saying that no one would have done anything.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-09-16, 22:20   Link #75
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
I don't know about that. I think Adult Swim is capable of showing that level of violence.
thank goodness my sis was guiding me for that whole show...
Old 2006-09-17, 18:44   Link #76
Eric the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Such a scenario would explain a lot of Rena's and Mion's behavior throughout the arc... In particular it explains why they would be upset at him talking with Ooishi considering that they were involved in something that would get them in trouble.

Heh, I was so pissed off when I finished watching this EP, I was ready to chuck it all, even this close to the end, and then you've got to go and say that.

I mean, suddenly adding two more bodies to the whole, that haven't been there all this tiem just threw me for a loop, but now... *sigh*

Eric the Grey
Old 2006-09-18, 01:32   Link #77
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Might I remind people that while Tsumihoroboshi is the relevant answer to Onikakushi, there IS NO DIRECT connection with Onikakushi. Tsumihoroboshi gives you the most logical explanation to Keiichi's state of mind in Onikakushi by showing Rena spiraling down a similar level of insanity with a totally different story.

Simply put:

While Watanagashi = Meakashi (technically it isn't, but it's close enough)
But Onikakushi ≠ Tsumihoroboshi

Hence, Rena did NOT kill Rina or Teppei in Onikakushi, nor did the friends there help her hide the body.
Old 2006-09-18, 06:44   Link #78
Goras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85
After watching the ep. and reading the tips for it, in particular "My favorite Wine" it got me thinking back to some pics i say in the wallpaper thread.

I beleive that there is infact some entity that rika, maybe rena can see/hear, whether its Oyashiro-sama or not (I lean to yes, would make sense unless Oyashiro-sama is suppose to be a he not a she)

*note all pics are from the wall gallery*

http://img321.imageshack.us/my.php?i...g0085133rh.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?i...11255759xe.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?i...enamili9ur.jpg

In all these pics there is ghostly figure which resembles Rika almost to a "T" When I first saw these pics I was like, they must be fan made not real or important, but now I do believe 100% that she is real and that she is tied to the whole mystery somehow. Hmm, if not Oyashiro-sama, maybe the ghost of the first Rika that died who now travels between time periods in hopes of preventing her death maybe... hmmm

P.S. I really love this show, hopes for the manga/game to be translated *fingers crossed*
I belive thats Hanyuu, a character introduced in Matsuribayashi-hen.
Old 2006-09-18, 09:28   Link #79
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goras
I belive thats Hanyuu, a character introduced in Matsuribayashi-hen.
Minagoroshi-hen actually.

On a side note, ayyo of Makenai desuwayo has put up the page for his translation of Minagoroshi-hen. There's nothing there yet, just a picture and a song from the game.:

http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com
Old 2006-09-18, 09:45   Link #80
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
While Watanagashi = Meakashi (technically it isn't, but it's close enough)
But Onikakushi ≠ Tsumihoroboshi

Hence, Rena did NOT kill Rina or Teppei in Onikakushi, nor did the friends there help her hide the body.
Well, unless there was something shown to confirm this that I missed, this is a bit of a spoiler. I fully understand that Onikakushi ≠ Tsumihoroboshi like Watanagashi = Meakashi. However, I did not know to what degree this is true. I was not saying that Rena's murders happenned for certain, just that there was some circumstantial evidence that they did happen. I just thought it was a significant possibilty worth some attention.
Closed Thread