AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-08-04, 06:00   Link #61
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenheaven7
long time no see PoT so...does sakuno finally reveals her feelings for ryoma or is their relationship advancing? Thx for all answer...
Rofl... Make up your own answer by reading mine, or go watch the anime!
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 20:10   Link #62
Sweetchinmusic

Lol Ahhh if only that question was answered lol. Ryoma should get together with her, and Horio with the other girl lol. I havent seen the second ep yet, but is Horio and the other little people in it? I really like Arai lol.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 09:05   Link #63
Wolfsbane68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
Lol Ahhh if only that question was answered lol. Ryoma should get together with her, and Horio with the other girl lol. I havent seen the second ep yet, but is Horio and the other little people in it? I really like Arai lol.
All 4 of them are just twelve BTW
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 17:20   Link #64
Sweetchinmusic

Lol good point. Although for some reason all the older guys in the anime kinda like Sakuno too.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 12:01   Link #65
yorky

hi. can anyone give me a link as to where i can download pot national championship volume 2 that has already been subbed and volume 3 if there is. thanks in advance guys
yorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 19:10   Link #66
lifelike
Kansas is cosmopolitan

Question The other OVA torrents

This is the location of ep. 2: http://a.scarywater.net/saizen/

I got it from animesuki today. I am sure you already have it.

About POT, I am disapointed that there are no more US Open episodes expected.
I mean, Takeshi Konomi makes 194 sports cartoons, and drops Ryoma's big scary new challenge not covered in manga? Talk about fear of the void!
I just heard that the US open wasn't covered in manga, or expected in OVA. But I read it here.
The US Open lasts for two weeks. That is much longer than the POT Japanese national tournament. There is every reason for Echizen to return after this weekend tournament in Japan! He already qualified. Maybe he will and we can see those flashy, strong opponents!
lifelike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 23:39   Link #67
domino
デレデレ

I just watched ep 7 of the OVA. Haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. What the hell were the writers smoking when they came up with that?! But the OVA animation is really incredible. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelike
This is the location of ep. 2: http://a.scarywater.net/saizen/

I got it from animesuki today. I am sure you already have it.

About POT, I am disapointed that there are no more US Open episodes expected.
I mean, Takeshi Konomi makes 194 sports cartoons, and drops Ryoma's big scary new challenge not covered in manga? Talk about fear of the void!
I just heard that the US open wasn't covered in manga, or expected in OVA. But I read it here.
The US Open lasts for two weeks. That is much longer than the POT Japanese national tournament. There is every reason for Echizen to return after this weekend tournament in Japan! He already qualified. Maybe he will and we can see those flashy, strong opponents!
They dropped the US Open idea because it was ridiculous. A 12-year-old in the US Open even though he didn't even sign up? Besides, it's not the storyline the author intended -- they just needed to make up an ending for the TV anime and that was the best they could come up with.

And remember that by going to the US Open, Ryoma can't do the nationals, which is really the point of the show -- for all of Seigaku to reach the nationals together. This is what the author and audiences wanted and is the real story line, so it was animated in the OVA. Just pretend the last few episodes of the TV anime never happened...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 17:29   Link #68
lifelike
Kansas is cosmopolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino

They dropped the US Open idea because it was ridiculous. A 12-year-old in the US Open even though he didn't even sign up? Besides, it's not the storyline the author intended -- they just needed to make up an ending for the TV anime and that was the best they could come up with.

And remember that by going to the US Open, Ryoma can't do the nationals, which is really the point of the show -- for all of Seigaku to reach the nationals together. This is what the author and audiences wanted and is the real story line, so it was animated in the OVA. Just pretend the last few episodes of the TV anime never happened...
Yes. I hear that. This story is alright.

Now, I just need the Pimsleur Japanese to take effect, and I'll be watching OVA 7 in no time.
lifelike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 00:01   Link #69
usdream

Hi guys,

I am new here. So I jsut comment on how I felt. I guess this is just one of the worst ideas by the writers by putting RE to U.S. Open. I meant beating L.Hewitt is even worse than the idea of putting RE in U.S. Open. But I guess @ the end of the most important is to see the whole team to be together again in the National Tournaments.

If the idea of him inside the under-14 or under-16 or playing in the "boys" category, I still can understand because there is a category in U.S. Open that's specially for the boys. So this is a bit ridiculous but I guess we all still like the anime.

However, this is an ANIME, anything can happened.... wahahahaha..... ANIME dont have to be LOGICAL!!!

Last edited by usdream; 2006-10-14 at 00:15.
usdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 23:42   Link #70
olle

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I just watched ep 7 of the OVA.
I have only found 3....

Could you PM me a link to were you found the others? I hope they are subbed.

also do you know maybe when the rest will come then`? The PoT OVA contains 13 episodes.
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 01:53   Link #71
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by olle View Post
I have only found 3....

Could you PM me a link to were you found the others? I hope they are subbed.

also do you know maybe when the rest will come then`? The PoT OVA contains 13 episodes.
No one has subbed the later episodes yet. But if you want to watch them anyway, YouTube is always a good place to start.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 16:47   Link #72
olle

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
No one has subbed the later episodes yet. But if you want to watch them anyway, YouTube is always a good place to start.
ok Thxs for the tip!
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 19:04   Link #73
mit7059

uhh eps 4, has anyone other than me thought that this show is going a little too far in its denial of the science and physics? Oh Kikumaru split himself into two, wow thats amazing lets keep playing the match. Couldn't they come up with something a little bit better than that?

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 02:39   Link #74
Yong

Quote:
uhh eps 4, has anyone other than me thought that this show is going a little too far in its denial of the science and physics? Oh Kikumaru split himself into two, wow thats amazing lets keep playing the match. Couldn't they come up with something a little bit better than that?
I agree...that was too much. Everyone was like "amazing!" then they just keep playing WTF? Even better...they didn't explain how he did it or anything.

I wonder what's next, maybe Tezuka will summon a monster or something?
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 13:14   Link #75
Tasslehoffer

I've been violated....I haven't liked Prince of Tennis for a while, ever since they started ended the Kantou regionals and started that American/Japanese contest. But, I still watched it, even though I regretted it. But, this....this crap is too much. I'm talking about the 4th OVA that's been subbed. This thing has gone to dribble just like Robert Jordan in CoT. I've honestly never seen worse episodes, even dbz never went this far or bad....

Look, if I had been seeing two of Eichi and if I had been anyone in the audience, I would've been shocked. Was any of the Seigaku players shocked at all? No...They're like "You're doing it Eikichi, you're doing it!" What the heck is with that? If I had been the other player, I would've probably run away while my mind remained intact. What are they doing with themselves? I mean you see two Eikichi's jumping in the air in opposite directions. That is not just humanly impossible, that is inhumanely impossible! Magic and Stuff, not even something that can even border on the verge of reality. Meh.... Prince of Tennis sucks now.... Can anyone tell me if the coming OVA's will be better? I don't want to see Tezuka summoning a demon or angel to play in his stead or something. Or Ryoma doing some serious time traveling because he's just that good. Or Inui saying "I saw a fly on his shoulder and I used it win...See, I knew if I lobbed the ball at the fly it would fly up and distract him. That is how I win"

This was the last straw mind you. There were numerous things before that like the players lobbing balls at the coach's face. There is something seriously wrong when something like that happens. And, then, we also see Fuji and Kawamura in perfect synchronization though they never play doubles together and Kawamura is supposed to be pretty much useless as a doubles player. You hear things like "You can't just become great doubles players overnight you know" but apparently Seigaku is different. Seigaku can make a perfect doubles team in the matter of a few seconds or even in the middle of one game. Seigaku is some alternate dimensional, incredible team. I also don't have an idea why all those other teams always seem to be confident of winning against a team like Seigaku and how Seigaku always seems like they don't have all that much confidence after losing a match or winning a match. If you notice, on all the other opposing teams, you'll hear something like this "Well, he still has THAT, with THAT he will win" and they're all smiling but with Seigaku, its like "My God, he's losing! My God, my God!" even when the said player has tricks that they haven't use yet but they know about and even when they know how those people play.

I don't understand at all!!!! Help me! Help me, please! I don't understand at all....

-Tasslehoffer
Tasslehoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 13:33   Link #76
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

For what its worth that Eiji doing doubles with himself actually happend in the manga. I gotta say the anime did it really good and was better then the manga if you ignore the part where they play against USA and the the whole US open.

The good part of the manga is they make it clear while players like Fuji, Echizen, Sanada are good. Tezuka, Tachibana, captain of Rikaidai(forgot) play on a whole diffrent level. Tezuka's getting better is also done better in the manga.

I havent seen the OVA, and I quit reading the manga a few months ago. I gotta say the manga also has an high wtf factor.

While Tezuka wont summon a demon. Lets just say it will look magical. xD Same with Eiji and Oishi playin doubles.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 14:07   Link #77
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehoffer View Post
Can anyone tell me if the coming OVA's will be better? I don't want to see Tezuka summoning a demon or angel to play in his stead or something. -Tasslehoffer
Lol, I timed episode 6, and I can tell you, Tezuka did NOT summon anything, he just went into "serious mode".
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 21:52   Link #78
sanghyun1990
상현

I was hoping for no Muga crap in the ova,
Well I am just gonna watch ova for animated version of Tachibana vs Chitose, and
Spoiler:
if they ever get to that part.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 10:12   Link #79
shimplicity

I don't get it. It's already December yet episode 6 onwards are not even subbed yet. What the hack is happening...

It is really s l o w.

Prince of Tennis is anime-manga. I guess you have to let your imagination run wild. So what if there is wtf moments.. Anime is essentially fantasy even if it tries to wind around reality. I really like PoT although after 178 episodes, I finally do get bored of watching people playing anime-style tennis like 90% of the time. Actually, I would have been even bored if it was real tennis. I'm not a tennis fan but Prince of Tennis is interesting enough to get me hooked and made me wonder how real tennis would be like. This is what makes Prince of Tennis special. It actually motivates youngster like me to really look at tennis eventhough we know most of the technique used in POT is purely fictionally. I sorta understand why they wanted to end it with Echizen playing in the US open. It was supposed to be inspirational but I guess for some, it just appears to be too far-fetched. But I like the 178 ending, unlike some anime, it ended like it should. a good ending. not some cliffhanger or twisted ending. Even if the whole match was not even a proper tennis match. The build up was such that the ultimate match would end with a bang and it did. I was touched by the ending. And I think the following Nationals are great too. I'm excited to see all kinda techniques they can cooked up.
shimplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 11:27   Link #80
Yong

I know that episode 7 is just an extra episode but man...what a stupid episode. Really really stupid.
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis