AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 09:02   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Senkō no Night Raid

A new anime by A-1 Pictures airing in Spring 2010.

Story:
Quote:
The story is set in Shanghai in 1931, when the Imperial Japanese Army has been dispatched to mainland China due to the relatively recent First Sino-Japanese War, Russo-Japanese War, and World War I. In this cosmopolitan city of intrigue, there is a special military spy organization called "Sakurai Kikan" that has since been buried in history.
Director: Jun Matsumoto
Script supervisor: Shinsuke Onishi
Original character designs: Akimine Kamijyō
Soundtrack Composer: Taro Hakase

More info can be found here.
Anime's official website.
http://www.1931.tv/
Old 2009-12-26, 18:54   Link #2
Kunagisa

Shanghai! Canaan was in Shanghai too, my roommate is from Shanghai XD. From the description of the characters, this is a somewhat supernatural series because the characters have special powers?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 10:02   Link #3
kaitoein
Finders Keepers

CM was out..

Another Anime no Chikara project for upcoming spring.
so i can assumes this one also comes from original anime story like Soranowoto?
kaitoein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 12:21   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

So anime with the Japanese occupation of China as the background setting? Interesting on whether how political the Director will make this.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:40   Link #5
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@kaitoein
Because it is part of anime no chikara, yes, it is original anime story.

Hmm, this pick my interest more than Soranowoto...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 03:16   Link #6
Crontica

Original Action Storii!? -Banzai-
Old 2010-01-14, 22:20   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Animation good enough for me; plot is potentially a goner but should be entertaining regardless. Presuming they get the historical setting right that is.
Old 2010-02-11, 11:13   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Added to Wiki

Who will be the "good guys" and who the "bad guys" in this show? From the description, the spies are being sent by the Japanese imperialists.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 14:15   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Bets it may be no "good" or "bad".... just one of those ambiguous asian motifs where "people with contrary goals intersect".
Old 2010-02-11, 19:34   Link #10
bendomolena

Looks promising.
bendomolena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:59   Link #11
epl

It looked very interesting until I found out that the director for this show also directed Persona. Therefore, I lost a little interest in it. But I will watch the first episode though.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 06:17   Link #12
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
So anime with the Japanese occupation of China as the background setting? Interesting on whether how political the Director will make this.
Most of the more widely known problems occured in WWII but I can't help but keep on thinking that something is going to be glossed over by the Japanese.

So while I'm looking forward to this, I can't help but feel suspicious being a Chinese myself.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 07:23   Link #13
ZODDGUTS

They tend to easily forget or pretend in the bad things they have done, so I doubt they'll show themselves in a bad light.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 07:49   Link #14
solomon

I admit I am very rusty on that part of Japanese history.

Honestly It just looks so freaking sexy and I am so starved for content this winter that I don't care. Maybe I'll bone up on a little history though. I'm just happy that it's a shiny new ORIGINAL (non otakuy) work
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 04:08   Link #15
dbj

well its understandable if they try to avoid being seen as the evil guys they are japanese after all. but i doubt theyll potray themselves as good guys. i predict that they would put the japanese on the bad side and have a few individuals japanese as the good guys(main characters).
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 18:01   Link #16
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This was watch on my 'probables' list but the trailer looks really interesting . Will wait and see how fans react to it on AS before diving into this one . I am sold on the story a little worried about execution .

Got Vibes of Indiana Jones : Temple of Doom from the trailer . That too does start in Shanghai of 30s/40s ^^
Old 2010-03-07, 00:25   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There are more TV spots and some making-of-videos (including one showing the cast trying to learn some Chinese) at this URL.

I'm also a bit worried about how this Japanese staff will approach the subject, but I'll certainly be there to find out. Chinese people tend to be touchy on the subject, and Japanese can be a bit insensitive on it, but we'll see. Let's hope this dangerous show causes good feelings rather than bad -- or else 2channel will go down again, lol. (2channel was sent down for a couple of days last week by Korean hackers upset at remarks against their gold-medal figure-skater.)

This early in the 1930s, Japan was in control of the far northeast of China, but not at all in Shanghai. They didn't attack Shanghai until the full invasion of China in 1937. So this could be an interesting and little-known period of Japanese infiltration.

The cast and staff look good. The director of Persona Trinity Soul and the writer of Innocent Venus and The Third. And with Namikawa Daisuke and Yoshino Hiroyuki. I guess this will be a somewhat gentle violent show, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-03-07 at 00:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 00:33   Link #18
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There are more TV spots and some making-of-videos (including one showing the cast trying to learn some Chinese) at this URL.

I'm also a bit worried about how this Japanese staff will approach the subject, but I'll certainly be there to find out. Chinese people tend to be touchy on the subject, and Japanese can be a bit insensitive on it, but we'll see. Let's hope this dangerous show causes good feelings rather than bad -- or else 2channel will go down again, lol. (2channel was sent down for a couple of days last week by Korean hackers upset at remarks against their gold-medal figure-skater.)

This early in the 1930s, Japan was in control of the far northeast of China, but not at all in Shanghai. They didn't attack Shanghai until the full invasion of China in 1937. So this could be an interesting and little-known period of Japanese infiltration.

The cast and staff look good. The director of Persona Trinity Soul and the writer of Innocent Venus and The Third. And with Namikawa Daisuke, Yoshino Hiroyuki.
I'm not sure the director of Persona Trinity Soul should be considered part of the good staff. Persona anime was awful. Having learned about him directing it earlier lowered my expectation of the show. Also, A-1 Pictures doesn't seem to have a good record in producing good anime that are not slice of life. i.e. Valkyria Chronicles, Persona...
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 03:03   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@epl -- Yeah, well. Since I didn't watch Persona, I shouldn't talk, really. I did like The Third, though, and what I watched of Innocent Venus. The writer makes me suspect that there might be an edge of softness here that may not please some people, as Darker than Black 2 didn't please some people. But that may please me. Just a hunch. I certainly like the look of the trailers, although it's hard to tell what the story will be like.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 10:49   Link #20
MidnightReverie
Senior Lurker

Website updated with the OP/ED themes info.

OP "Yakusoku" (Promise) by MUCC
ED "Mirai he..." (To the future...) by HIMEKA
MidnightReverie is offline   Reply With Quote