AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 54 40.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 32.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-25, 09:23   Link #81
amjzz

I knew it.

Even if fans were against the idea.

When i said that this anime had incest i was rigth. I haven't seen the episode or the series because i was sure something like that would happen and it would be gross for my tastes. Even if fans were like "its a complex and interesting anime that doesn't need incest or ecchi for be awesome" i knew it was just a predecible anime.
Old 2010-10-25, 09:30   Link #82
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
When i said that this anime had incest i was rigth. I haven't seen the episode or the series because i was sure something like that would happen and it would be gross for my tastes.
Except that it simply doesn't have such vibes yet, and it is kind of ridiculous to make such statement while you didn't even watch the series, relying on a handful of comments.
Old 2010-10-25, 09:33   Link #83
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

What the heck is a predicible anime?
Old 2010-10-25, 10:22   Link #84
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
LN illustration makes a lot more sense. He intended to protect her, not push her down. I have no idea how the hell he even managed to grope her. The wonders of anime, I guess.
Anime always tends to skew things, no matter it's genre or source of material.

Quote:
Even so, Kirino still has a long way to go before reaching the level of an imouto goddess like Mikan.
Imouto goddess, hahahaha.

Quote:
As for Ayase, her exchanging numbers with Kyousuke right after they first met is a bit suspicious, especially when considering what she saw him do earlier. She's way too kind and understanding to be real, furthermore, as serenade already said, that character spot is already taken. I'm curious to know what she was doing at comiket, I doubt she's also an otaku.
Maybe she was the one in that costume? She may be a big cosplayer or something.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:33   Link #85
Kamonichan

Personally, I'm picking up all sorts of romantic vibes from Kyousuke and Kirino. Probably not in-character, but the studio is setting it up all over the place.

1.) Kirino guarding friends from Kyousuke could be seen as the reverse, i.e. guarding Kyousuke from her friends; Kyousuke has no reason to interact with Kirino's friends, so Kirino's attitude raises way too much suspicion
2.) Groping scene would be accidental in real life, but this is a show about an otaku and a person basically being trained as an otaku; the studio put it in there to play up on the romance
3.) Having him listen in to Kirino & Co.'s conversation, especially unintentionally, just goes back to the old anime romantic comedy cliche for reluctant lovers

Basically, I'm thinking that the studio is using the standard harem flag situations because they want our minds to go that way. Hence I'm picking up teh romantic vibes. I will say that I'm glad they didn't do the ultra-cliche of having Kyousuke unlock his hidden potential to win Kirino the disc. I'm predicting Ayase probably already knows Kyousuke or has had a crush on him for a while. Otherwise, "love at first sight" flag raised.
Old 2010-10-25, 11:22   Link #86
arkxkra
全力全開

The pro gamer go to the unexpected one, way to go Kuroneko!

So fast to bump into Ayase, I wonder how they will react. Guess this time also Kyousuke to sacrifice to protect Kirino?
Old 2010-10-25, 11:28   Link #87
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Anyway, this episode confirms well one thing: Kirino is just flat out annoying in my books. I still wonder how come Kirino managed to hide about her hobbies with all the blunders she had done so far, and the fact Kyousuke has to clean her mess all the time without much gratitude is just mind puzzling.
For sure; Even for an anime character, it's pretty amazing how her brother can take so much crap from her.
Old 2010-10-25, 11:56   Link #88
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent episode. Flow, interaction, personality development, good fanservice, and some cliches well delivered. I still fluctuate on Ayanyan -- but the "that's great" moments definitely outnumbered the dull moments.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-10-25, 11:58   Link #89
Xacual

Maybe it's the fact that I have sisters but Kirino doesn't strike me as annoying at all. Completely reminds me of how my step sister acted toward me. Of course for me I would have never backed her up like Kyousuke does for Kirino but I just see it as any normal sibling relationship. They might act like they totally despise each other but they still are siblings.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-10-25, 12:18   Link #90
Solecs

For some inexplicable reason Ayase reminds me of Kotonoha from School Days. I entirely don't expect their characters to be the same, but the way Ayase looks and acts just makes me think it. Maybe it's just because I watched School Days recently. I wouldn't really be surprised if she is obsessed with one of the siblings though, hopefully Kirino since I'm very much a KyousukexManami shipper .

I'm with the not really incest camp. I don't feel anything in their relationship that makes me think there's any romance between brother and sister.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:20   Link #91
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

We need Ayase x Kyosuke end, so that all these people who lambast this series will go away.

After watching the fourth ep, and seeing that comparison. I'm a bit down due to the fact that some people in the studio just want to flat out sell. I'd rather have the scene as faithful to the source because it pretty much ruins Kyousuke's character and intent. Bring your stupid fanservice to Sora no Otoshimono, where it belongs... I like where OreImou is going and I don't want those moments just because they want to sell flesh. I'd rather see a story flow, rather than this.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:22   Link #92
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
I knew it.

Even if fans were against the idea.

When i said that this anime had incest i was rigth. I haven't seen the episode or the series because i was sure something like that would happen and it would be gross for my tastes. Even if fans were like "its a complex and interesting anime that doesn't need incest or ecchi for be awesome" i knew it was just a predecible anime.
Yeah because you completely know what happened in the series so far, or in the said episode even when you didn't watch it. Yup, makes sense all right ... Or not. You're just a troll. There's no incest in this series for gods sake. so far.

That groping thing was a bit weird, I mean how could that happen if you trip.. but then again, it's pretty typical thing to happen when you trip in anime. But here's a question for you Mr.Troll. If you had a sister, and you tripped over her, would that be incest ? ... Yeah, it wouldn't.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:25   Link #93
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
We need Ayase x Kyosuke end, so that all these people who lambast this series will go away.

After watching the fourth ep, and seeing that comparison. I'm a bit down due to the fact that some people in the studio just want to flat out sell. I'd rather have the scene as faithful to the source because it pretty much ruins Kyousuke's character and intent. Bring your stupid fanservice to Sora no Otoshimono, where it belongs... I like where OreImou is going and I don't want those moments just because they want to sell flesh. I'd rather see a story flow, rather than this.
Then be so kind and pay them money for the amount of money they would loose without going fanservice way. If you would do that I am sure they would not add those additional fanservice.

But the fanservice doesnt ruin the story or the anime itself like it diod in Zero No tsukaima. Yes they added some but it is not ruining anything much.

It is the reality at works - it is not just fun it is not just hobby but it is work and when you work you naturally want to earn more, and if some additional fanservice helps with that - why not.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:32   Link #94
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:

Was it stupid fanservice, though?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I've come to the conclusion that the rampant prevalence of pointless fanservice in various settings has caused people to become a bit too trigger-happy when labeling things that way. People see ecchi situations or partial nudity or what have you, and simply say "fanservice!"

Now I'm not going to take the idealistic opposite position and say that the studio had entirely chaste intentions, but the whole incident wasn't pointless either. If it had no consequences, it'd be pointless, but it wasn't, because that scene affected to some degree the way Kirino's friends perceive her brother, and it was also enough of a disturbance that it derailed the situation that Kirino feared would damn her in her friends' eyes.

Yes, it was ecchi. If it had simply been something to distract from Kirino's H-doujin, then perhaps a less ecchi scene would have sufficed. But there's the further purpose of playing up Ayase's personality in that, after seeing such a thing with her own eyes, she is actually willing to approach Kyousuke, clear the situation up, and exchange numbers with him. If it had been a less catastrophic misunderstanding, her kind nature and her apparent keenness on Kyousuke would not have been so emphasized.

It serves two meaningful story functions, and thus I hardly consider it stupid.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:37   Link #95
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Was it stupid fanservice, though?
Yes, because we already have the light novel's version so it's just all in all still just fanservice because the novels did it in such a way that it wouldn't look like something out of Seikon no Qwaser.

And also Physics tell you it's stupid, Instinct tells you it's stupid...

Yes, I get the point. They fell on top of one another... Hell, I've seen the Love Hina Anime do it tons of times, and it's a fanservice anime, yet those shots in that anime never remind me of something out of a flesh-selling anime.

You have the source material, and the source material said nothing about downright groping... so just because your slot is in the dusk, you pull this to get .00x more ratings!? give me a break...
Old 2010-10-25, 12:43   Link #96
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Yes, because we already have the light novel's version so it's just all in all still just fanservice because the novels did it in such a way that it wouldn't look like something out of Seikon no Qwaser.
So just because there is an alternative, you are going to dismiss an entirely effective execution as 'stupid fanservice?'

I'm not saying it's the optimal way, and for all I know, if I knew the LN version I might like it better. But this isn't the Light Novel. This is the anime, and if there weren't unique variations, there'd be absolutely no point--from a storytelling standpoint--to watching it. Thus, judge the anime for itself. If the ecchi offends you, or the deviation from the source offends you so much that it affects your judgment of the storytelling, perhaps you're making this harder on yourself than you need to?

"I dislike the added ecchi element" is one thing, and it's entirely your right to feel that way. But from the standpoint of storytelling analysis, calling that scene "stupid fanservice" is provably wrong.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:43   Link #97
Bombo
TSF Fans

Amazing 10/10
-Saori very different char's in the game haha.
- First connect between ayase and Kyousuke.
- Embarrassing moment in the house XD.
- Cosplay girl so awesome in the game fight.
- Ayase discovered.!!!!.
- I want to know what will happen asap XD.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:48   Link #98
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I'm not saying it's the optimal way, and for all I know, if I knew the LN version I might like it better. But this isn't the Light Novel. This is the anime, and if there weren't unique variations, there'd be absolutely no point--from a storytelling standpoint--to watching it. Thus, judge the anime for itself. If the ecchi offends you, or the deviation from the source offends you so much that it affects your judgment of the storytelling, perhaps you're making this harder on yourself than you need to?
No, you're misunderstanding... The point is that people don't need to do unneccessary things just to pluck out money from cheap ways... This has become the bane of the anime industry right now.

Just to clarify, I am not hating on the series; I'm only having qualms about the way they took that scene from kyosuke getting the consequences of doing the things he does for Kirino and flat out turning it into another thing.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:49   Link #99
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Purism is the worst kind of argument when trying to compare an adaptation to its source material. Yes it's going to do things differently. That's the whole point of being an adaptation. It doesn't make it bad just because it goes against your preconceived notion of how a given event should be portrayed.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:51   Link #100
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Yes it's going to do things differently. That's the whole point of being an adaptation. It doesn't make it bad just because it goes against your preconceived notion of how a given event should be portrayed.
So why not be creative with the head and not the other 'head'? You could have made another incident aside from that scene? Instead of falling on top of one another, it could be another thing?

I'm being a purist? No. It's just that the way they looked at the source material and expressed it is ill, and that scene could've been done in so many ways so that it cannot be as offensive. It doesn't change the fact that they altered the scene so that it is more exploited for !fanservice points.